Home Page Flash - And Monkeys

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DMWhiteDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DMWhiteDragon
Member since 2004 • 827 Posts

I've installed Vista Home Premium (so using IE7) have all updates and got Flash Player 9...

However the script is sencing i dont have flash installed?

Any suggestions or thoughts? :)

DMWhiteDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DMWhiteDragon

After looking at your flash detect script...

var axo=new ActiveXObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash");

This line is failing with "Automation server cannot create object", however my manage add-ons has the object "Flash9b.ocx" all loaded and ready to go? i'll keep looking...

DMWhiteDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DMWhiteDragon

http://au.gamespot.com/includes/topslot/topslot.swf

Loads perfectly fine (tho with no params to actually display anything... and its quite huge heh) so the flash object is loaded fine and is loading fine directly

Is this maybe IE locking down the use of scripting loading of activex objects? or just a bug? i can play online flash games fine to...

Anyways might be just me, but i like that little flash on the homepage i'll miss it :(

Shatilov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Shatilov
Member since 2005 • 4150 Posts
i am having the same problem as well, but i cant figure out how to fix it , even though that other flash website are working fine for me , i think that it is a gamespot bug . how did u fix it , i didn't understand anything from what u've said :oops:
DMWhiteDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DMWhiteDragon

i am having the same problem as well, but i cant figure out how to fix it , even though that other flash website are working fine for me , i think that it is a gamespot bug . how did u fix it , i didn't understand anything from what u've said :oops:Shatilov

heh well i didn't fix it... was just trying to give them all the information i can so they can check it out... :)

The link i posted is a direct link to the flash file they use for the main page (i just looked at the page source code for it) so they know at least i can run the flash file, the script to sence *if* i can run flash is just failing for me and you heh, are you perhance running vista/IE7 aswell or maybe vista/firefox?

I didn't have any issues with windows xp/IE7, but vista does have alot of new protection stuff going on... so perhaps that is the issue, if so it should certainaly be fixable. :) we just might have to wait.

Shatilov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shatilov
I am running IE7 using the Vista Ultimate OS , btw is the link you gave it to them supposed to be all white :? & some orage bars in the end of it , me problem is that when you enter gamespot , they let you see around 5 games\news\updates\etc... right , were you click to navagate between them , well , i cant navagate between them they say , get flash v7 or higher .
mj123441

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mj123441
Member since 2006 • 3508 Posts
I have the same problem also
DMWhiteDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DMWhiteDragon

I am running IE7 using the Vista Ultimate OS , btw is the link you gave it to them supposed to be all white :? & some orage bars in the end of it , me problem is that when you enter gamespot , they let you see around 5 games\news\updates\etc... right , were you click to navagate between them , well , i cant navagate between them they say , get flash v7 or higher . Shatilov

Yea the page that link takes you too will be all white as a direct link to the flash file they use wont have any params for any of the tabs..ergo, you wont see any tabs ;) but if you right click you will have the flash 9 right click menu so you know it loaded fine. And yes your problem is the same as mine... and i get the same message.

Its looking like vista/IE7 combo might be responsible? Please gamespot someone there must have vista... load up your site in IE7 with default security and see if you can get the flash to sense and load fine and let us know :)

Shatilov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Shatilov
so who should we blame , Microsoft , or Gamespot for being not uptodate with the latest software :P but seriouslly they should fix it , i kept thinkng that my broweser keep on deleteing the Flash add-on even after I install it. i'm just glad to know that it is not only me :wink:
DMWhiteDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DMWhiteDragon

so who should we blame , Microsoft , or Gamespot for being not uptodate with the latest software :P but seriouslly they should fix it , i kept thinkng that my broweser keep on deleteing the Flash add-on even after I install it. i'm just glad to know that it is not only me :wink: Shatilov

Well i did some searching and it seems perhaps Flash itself is to blame? ;)

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=273146

In a nutshell just do this:

Go to C:\windows\system32\Macromed\Flash, and run FlashUtil9b.exe

And aparently it will fix it, what boggles the mind is while i can see that perhaps flash9 is beta for vista why wouldn't the main installer *already* have this update on the flash site? .... weird im going to reset machine and see if it works... wish me luck

DMWhiteDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DMWhiteDragon

Ok the above worked perfectly for me! woo hoo!

So yea its a Flash/Vista issue... anyone who can't view the flash on the homepage and is running vista should just run that and it should fix the problem...

Perhaps that info should be added somewhere for people to find? :P

Shatilov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shatilov
Shatilov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shatilov
they should've said something at the Flash Website , anyway thanks.
LeonKowalski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LeonKowalski
Member since 2005 • 101 Posts
Go to C:\windows\system32\Macromed\Flash, and run FlashUtil9b.exeDMWhiteDragon
That did the trick for my XP system (after a reboot). Thanks!