Help - I can't log out

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Omby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Omby
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Hello. I have a problem, I can't sign out. I have erased all my cookies, caches and browsing history, i have resetted my pc and nothing works. I simply can't log out, even if i follow the instructions provided on the "help" section (left to the sign out tab). Please help me!!
gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
You may not have actually cleared your cookies (or cache), especially if you are using IE. Here is my boilerplate for this issue:
Most problems with logging out are the result of browser configuration issues. The browser involved is usually Internet Explorer. A default installation of another browser might provide the best long-term solution. The alternative is to manually clear the cache and cookies of whatever browser you are using. Clearing your cookies *will* log you out. Clearing your cache will makes sure it *looks* that way. If you go with the manual approach, here's the general outline: Make sure your browser is set to start on a blank page. Then shut it down completely. Start it back up, clear cache and cookies, and shut it down completely. If you are using IE, do that twice.
If you actually succeed in clearing your cookies, there is no way you can still be logged in, although old data in your browser's cache can make it look that way. There are a few additional theoretical possibilities involving other caching mechanisms, but they are very unlikely.

Omby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Omby
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Thank you very much for your answer gmax. Unfortunately, I did EXACTLY what you said (clearing everything including cookies) but it didnt work... It does work with the google browser.
gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
Is it IE that is giving you trouble? Is the browser giving you trouble configured to use a proxy of any kind?