Has "Class" Suddenly Become a Forbidden Word in Sigs?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

User Lists: 0

#1 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts
My sig lists shows I edit on TV.com. I've been trying to edit it, but when I do, "Head of the Class" becomes "Head of the forbidden>" with the rest of my sig is chopped away and causes unclosed tagging errors. I know "class" is a programming term; has this suddenly become disallowed as text?
ulillillia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 ulillillia
Member since 2006 • 685 Posts
I encountered this with regular posts as well when trying to post a "HiJackThis" log. "Class" is very common and it seems to cause a lot of trouble if used in a certain way. Test: class Class

Edit:  Odd, it works here just fine.  The line that messed up was this (edit #2:  star is where:the replacement is so you can see the original content).

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper * - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:Program FilesJavajre1.5.0_06binssv.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper forbidden>
ulillillia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 ulillillia
Member since 2006 • 685 Posts
I did a few tests with that (using the preview button rather than submitting it) and the results are unexpected.  I took the known content that was messing up and took out various parts to narrow it down and, even though the word worked perfectly fine in my first post in this thread, even isolated in itself, it doesn't work.  It seems to be that the cause is, whenever there's a line feed (pressing enter to form blank lines), instances of "Class" are taken out and all other text after it is deleted, but if it's the first line before any returns, it seems to work just fine.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#5 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
It's probably conflicting with some HTML...If you try putting it ">" facing the other way it takes out everything you put after it...In fact, this is an edit, because I didn't realize it would work in posts, too...