This topic is locked from further discussion.

hoteba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hoteba
Member since 2005 • 33 Posts

Does anyone know when the gamespot uk site will become fully functioning on its on with uk shows and tournaments not that there is anthing wrong with the gamespot.com shows it is just that will the uk site be doing its own stuff anytime soon . Maybe a date or something to look forward to ??? It has been quite a while since the gamespot uk offices opened and still know shows

KrAzY_cHrIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 KrAzY_cHrIs
Member since 2007 • 1132 Posts

personally I don't think that the UK will ever see somthing like on the spot unless Europe (and thefore the UK) gets games first but that Isn't the case so what would they report on (the answer is not much becausce on the spot has already covered it by the time it's just about to relese here) Also watch Arren Thomas's behind the sopt theirs a surprisingly large amount of work to do.

As for tournaments bring them on thats what I say but unfortunatly Johnny law does'nt see it like that becausce there are a lot of laws to get by there is a sticked thread on this subject on the tournaments page they say that they will tell us of any major developments so just keep tuned (I want them just as much as you) I also put this in a letter to the podcast Laura was not amused.

But we still have the podcast and thats just fine for now if anything they should wait till they have that going weekly before anything else (well the news has to be first obviously)

keep up the good work gamespot, all of you, or else :twisted:

LozzaGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LozzaGS
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts
We're doing our best to bring you new functionality on the UK site during 2007, and we'll let you know as soon as anything new launches :-)
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts

In all fairness the UK admins did have a UK game night where the UK users  could play against some admins at GeOW and recieved emblems for it.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

In all fairness the UK admins did have a UK game night where the UK users could play against some admins at GeOW and recieved emblems for it.

Sharvie

Very true. I was part of that and since I finished first place overall, I won myself a copy of Spiderman 3. This does show that GameSpot UK are doing things for us to try and improve the benefits we get. :) 

_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
gamespot really needs to have a whole team in every country ;)
joeyp7711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#7 joeyp7711
Member since 2005 • 3903 Posts
[QUOTE="Sharvie"]

In all fairness the UK admins did have a UK game night where the UK users could play against some admins at GeOW and recieved emblems for it.

Caddy06_88

Very true. I was part of that and since I finished first place overall, I won myself a copy of Spiderman 3. This does show that GameSpot UK are doing things for us to try and improve the benefits we get. :)

That sounds awesome, we totally need more of that, I think :)