Gamespot should have a system where you can rate a reviewer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Davekeeh (4019 posts) -

We should be able to rate reviewers here on this site. Gamespot will only get better because of it, you can ditch the reviewers who have very low ratings and keep the ones that have good ratings.

#2 Posted by trugs26 (7429 posts) -

Meh. I don't want rabbid fanboys up/downvoting.

#3 Posted by Davekeeh (4019 posts) -

Meh. I don't want rabbid fanboys up/downvoting.

trugs26

People deserve to know what kind of reviewer they are dealing with. If a reviewer has lots of positive ratings, people will know they are about to read a quality review. If a reviewer has many low ratings, people will know they should take their reviews with a grain of salt.

Make it happen Gamespot

#4 Posted by speedfog (4883 posts) -

No, it's good now.

#5 Posted by Davekeeh (4019 posts) -

No, it's good now.

speedfog

Nope

#6 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

Your butt still hurts from the TLOU floppage?

#7 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

balfe1990

Yeah, it's incredible. Amidst all this damage control, I wonder, did he even find the time to play it, let alone properly enjoy it with that 8.0 burning in the back of his mind? :P

All in all, the suggestion makes no sense, would be a total mess, so this thread should be locked and burried forever.

#8 Posted by Davekeeh (4019 posts) -

balfe1990

Nope:

29oprhf.jpg

#9 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -
You should stop being an asshurt bitch about TloU's score. Uncharted 2 and 3's reviews were never an issue with you and you've bragged about the score several times as if you made the game. Also, you left GameSpot, remember?
#10 Posted by Davekeeh (4019 posts) -

You should stop being an asshurt bitch about TloU's score. Uncharted 2 and 3's reviews were never an issue with you and you've bragged about the score several times as if you made the game. Also, you left GameSpot, remember?Blabadon

This is not about The Last of Us, if it were I would have made this thread ages ago

#11 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

Davekeeh

Nope:

Since you're so crazy about TLoU, how come you only have 5 trophies?

I mean, when someone is praising the game all around like a maniac, you'd expect he'd put some more time into it, do more than a single playthrough, try and see everything the game has to offer, but nah, I see that didn't happen.

What a shame to be so heavily influenced by two digits somewhere on the Internet... seems a lot of the game was lost on you... :(

#12 Posted by Davekeeh (4019 posts) -

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

Rocker6

Nope:

I mean, when someone is praising the game all around like a maniac, you'd expect he'd put some more time into it, do more than a single playthrough, try and see everything the game has to offer, but nah, I see that didn't happen.

What a shame to be so heavily influenced by two digits somewhere on the Internet... seems a lot of the game was lost on you... :(

I'm doing multiple playthroughs but TLOU trophies are hard to obtain. I'm now in the process of collecting the collectibles.

#13 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

Rocker6

Nope:

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Oh-Yeah-Obama-Singing-Gif.gif

#14 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3378 posts) -

Agreed.

I'd give Kevin Van God-ord a 10, Tom Mcshea a 0, Carolyn Petit a 1.

#15 Posted by trugs26 (7429 posts) -

There is also the problem of reviewers reviewing in a way to satisfy the users, just to get a better "reviewer score". e.g give the last of us a good score simply because there are a lot of Naughty Dog fans.

So in the end, we wouldn't get authentic reviews. 

#16 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

people would vote negatively for the wrong reasons.

#17 Posted by zassimick (10279 posts) -

The User Score found in all of the games' pages is a way for people to get another look. People visiting Gamespot for their reviews get three looks: 

The Gamespot Score
The Metacritic Score
The User Score

If, after playing the game, you disagree with a Gamespot review then rate the game how you would. The average shows other gamers how far off a Gamespot review is or isn't from a larger audience's view.  

#18 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1390 posts) -

That's an awful idea. Rabid little basement dwelling fanboys would downvote a reviewer just because said reviewer won't tell them what they want to hear. Sounds like TC is probably butthurt that gamespot didn't give one of his favorite games a 11.5/10.

#19 Posted by c_rakestraw (14870 posts) -

I've heard some bad ideas cross this board in my years as a user here. But this one takes the cake.