Gonzafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Gonzafan
Member since 2008 • 1486 Posts

Being a longtime Gamespot user dating back in 2008, I noticed that users present since the first version of the site has an associated rank, and a progress bar. The total number of legacy points have not been shown.

I am currently at Rank 22 [Blaster Master], with 471525. At later levels it may take up to 60 or even 300 days to promote to the next level. For a while, the only user with rank in the 70s is a test account.

What are all the levels of Gamespot, with their point requirements? Can I gain any more legacy points from there on?

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#2 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

The ranks/points were discontinued (hence "legacy" points) with the site re-write years ago now, they're preserved on the trophies page of profiles but I don't believe there's any way to gain points/levels any more as the functionality was never ported over to the new site (and it'd probably be a significant amount of work to do so even if they did want to).

I don't recall the names or point requirements for levels at this point. It's possible an old thread may still exist somewhere with that sort of information in it, but it could take quite a bit of digging to find at this point and probably isn't worth the effort considering the system has long been defunct.