Gamespot, plase show some more love to PC Gamers!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SolracSelbor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SolracSelbor
Member since 2004 • 1144 Posts

The following games are just a few that have been out for a while and still not rated (at least not for PC's [shame on you gamespot!])

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Aion: Tower of Eternity
Need for Speed: Shift

I speak for the entire PC audience when I say, "please show a little more love to us!" By rating OF:DR and NFS:S on Xbox and PS3 shortly after release, and still not rating it for pc nearly a month later is somewhat a slap in our faces. Aion is another story because I know that it is an MMO and you take your time on it, but the other two really should have had a rating by now (video reviews are usually a lot more fun btw but at this point I would be happy to see at least a binary coded review for NF:S on PC)

Gamespot, I have been so loyal to you guys for many many years; I was following you when you were still videogames.com! You have always been my go to source for PC games and reviews. But lately, I have found myself resorting to IGN.com and PC dedicated websites in order to find some updates on my gaming medium of choice, because, in all honesty, you just don't seem as dedicated to PC gamers like you did in the years of 2003-05. All I am asking is for you guys to bring us up to par with the consoles; we may not be equal in number of gamers per platform, but I'll be damned if we're not the most dedicated!

WeaponXY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 WeaponXY
Member since 2009 • 1280 Posts

PC Reviews are usually slower coming out, from what I remember being said before there are only a few PC Editors doing Reviews. I could be wrong on this, but that's what I've heard. It would be nice if the reviews could come out at a better time, but if they're understaffed there's not much they can do about it unfortunately. :?

vintovka_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 vintovka_
Member since 2009 • 54 Posts

GameSpot needs to try a lot harder. We may not be as important as console gamers, but word of dissatisfaction tends to spread very quickly amongst members of the PC community and the lack of clicks (and therefore a decline in ad revenue) would probably hit GameSpot's wallet harder than most people would think.

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

The Batman and Street Fighter 4 reviews were basically copy and paste. I'm still waiting for a Cities XL and Risen review myself.

ScrawlKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#5 ScrawlKnight
Member since 2003 • 574 Posts
GameSpot has just been slower with reviews full stop. I remember the good ole days when they would review games on the day they came out, sometimes even advance reviews a couple of days befoere. Now we wait weeks sometimes even months and often games just aren't reviewed at all; even fairly popular titles.