GameSpot Has Recovered

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

I just wanted to say that for well over a year since the site was redesigned, the site was plagued by performance and usability issues. I don't consider GameSpot's reporting or editiorial practices to have been affected since that's a different area and has been the same honest and concise journalism it's always been.

But now that I've started using the site again and seen that the stacks, updates, blogs, forums and platform functionality have all been restored to working condition, I'm declaring the site as recovered and back on top. (Only speaking for myself, of course.)

Good job, guys. It took a while but you got there. And, all things considered, this is still the best gaming website on the web.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

@Smashbrossive50:Dude, relax

Nice to see you again starshine.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Glad you are pleased with the site Starshine!

@Smashbrossive50 - GD is not "off limits". The spam is being dealt with. If you must blame someone, blame the people who ship it out in waves to websites around the world

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

No it has not.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts
@Smashbrossive50 said:

@xantufrog: if I were to blame,the only thing I blame is the site's security effectiveness,I already demanded a region ban for south korea,as how much as I can see where do all those same spam come from,can't say that's the only source of illegal prostitution sites though,I expect dumbphones,and illegal movie streamers be on strict inspections...this is why draconian law is important,as I support it to prevent nuisance,we all know who's the regular and those who just tipped with a piece of garbage we all never wanted.

Or better yet,right before someone signed up,there should be a post sampling test,if they fail they will be caught in the captcha(people all over this site highly recommend this as an effective anti spam measure) or having their IPs logged to the local police department for future arrest.

Now chap. You're in no position to be "demanding" anything.

As far as the spam problem goes, the GS Devs are constantly working behind the scenes on updating, improving and moving with the spam epidemic.

IF the current spam prevention method were not in place it would be a different story. The current methods stop literally 100's of spam posts per day but no method is perfect and the staff are WELL aware of the spam issue. These aggressive posts of yours serve no purpose other than make you look silly.
Leave the "notifications to users" to the Moderators and staff.

gamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 gamespot
Member since 2003 • 901308 Posts

@Smashbrossive50: I understand spam is frustrating. But sometimes it slips through the cracks. We've been through this with you several times. Staff has spoken with you on multiple occasions regarding the numerous measures we have to help keep spam from happening. We also have logs of each attack the site falls under, and it's not as frequent as you claim. We appreciate the heads up when it does happen.

Zakule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Zakule
Member since 2002 • 74 Posts

@Master_Live said:

No it has not.

Agreed. It has not even come close to recovering. The features that made the old site great are still gone and I doubt they're coming back any time soon.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44532 Posts

you jinxed us, site is broken again

anyhow, the mobile advertising has gotten so bad here on occasion when browsing it takes over my browser, sends me to a site that instantly closes my browser and opens my Google Store o show off whatever game (Words With Friends, Game of War, etc) and I've given up reporting every stupid ad that does this, only happens on this site and only from time to time, but I'm so sick of that shit