DefAde72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DefAde72
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts

So I tend to use the Apple News app for most of my quick reading these days. It's a great way to get an amalgamated round up of what is happening in video game land.

But I am coming across an annoying issue with Gamespot articles.

Basically, it feels like somewhat of a crap shoot whenever I go to read a Gamespot article in the app.

I am going to estimate that about 75% of the time I click on a Gamespot article, it simple hard crashes the Apple News app. Instantly closing to the iPad home screen, and forcing me to cold boot the app (not resume from suspension)

This doesn't happen with any article from any other website anywhere! - Which sort of implies that this is an issue with your website and possible the way in which you are allowing the Apple News app to parse your website.

I know you would probably rather readers visit your actual website to view the article and therefor don't see this as a priority issue.... but I would then argue, why even allow the Apple News app to parse your site then?... or... set things so only the opening deck of the article appear in the news app and readers have to push the article up to visit the main site to get the full article....

But whatever you decide, for many Apple users, the News app has become a default source for news and if I cannot read your articles in it, they just won't get read...

For now, as soon as I see the Gamespot logo on and article, I tend to just not bother with it as I cannot be bothered to play the "will it, won't it crash" game.

angerawr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -1

#2 angerawr
Member since 2016 • 220 Posts

Weird - That should not be happening. Thanks for reporting and letting us know. We will be looking into this