Game Review "draft save" option

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LynnTerra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 LynnTerra
Member since 2010 • 190 Posts

This has been annoying me to no end in the last few reviews I've attempted to write for games.

I write and get a review formed, I hit submit and get stonewalled by errors. I click the refresh button and nothing happens. I then click the back button and *poof* my entire written review is gone.

I'd like to see some kind of Draft Save option so that if I have to stop short and come back to my review or as I wrote above, then I'll at least be able to semi pick up where I left off from without having to bang my head on the desk every time my web browser or the site drops on me.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

What I usually do is type mine up in either a word processor or Notepad. That way, if anything goes wrong I still have it.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#3 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

While I can see where this would come in handy (though it'd probably be put to better use as a blog post feature), given that GameSpot already recommends that we all write our reviews in a word processor instead of the review posting form, I don't see it being implemented here. No reason to when there's already an alternative, after all.

I recommend that you start using a word processor like Microsoft Word or Google Docs to write your reviews if your browser is prone to crashing on you so as to ensure that your work isn't lost. No point in putting yourself through such frustration when you can avoid it.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts
I already save them in a Notepad anyway, I've had a couple of reviews that were deleted by a glitch of some sort (I know it wasn't a moderation because of it wasn't in my mod history) so I was able to bring them back. This feature might be useful for a few people, but really, it's already available offline.