m4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 m4a5
Member since 2008 • 3155 Posts

I don't like moving the article pictures to the right. It feels counter-intuitive, as I need to read the title text from left-to-right anyways (and it's now separated). It's far more convenient to look at the picture (which should be the main appeal to the article) and then immediately read the title.

Also, it feels like the article titles are harder to read. So whatever font changes (or just because of the above) did not help.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

@m4a5: Totally agree. I find it hard to immediately determine what each article is about like I used to. It takes more time to filter through the news list and it's a bit annoying.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26096 Posts

Yeah, the pictures on the right of the text has really made it a lot harder to read and use.

hampton2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 hampton2003
Member since 2003 • 1959 Posts

Totally agree, at first I thought the site was screwed up visually (missing visual assets) on my end as a result of clearing my history and cookies; which has happened to me before. The article titles don't pop with the recent changes (maybe make the text thicker or bold), and placing the picture of the article to the right instead of leading the article just means users are spending more time and effort trying to discover what each article is which leads to frustration and a lack of desire to return. And before these change I remember the news page was set to "recent" by default, now its either on updated or popular, and it does not remember my selection anymore if i change it.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26096 Posts

Not only that, the design of the featured articles makes them look like ads; you guys should change the formatting a bit to make it different from that sponsored content usually placed elsewhere on the page. And if it was intentionally designed like that....well, that's bad.

leek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By leek
Member since 2002 • 87 Posts

Thanks for the feedback, I will forward this on to the team. Thanks again.

sweet_jcs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 sweet_jcs
Member since 2004 • 125 Posts

@m4a5: Yes, came here to comment this. Not a fan of the new format. It's too spread out.

Xiricon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xiricon
Member since 2016 • 309 Posts

@leek:Terrible design, agree with everyone above, the pictures need to be on the left side, and the text should be word wrapped tighter. This should have been obvious when redesigning the site.

leek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 leek
Member since 2002 • 87 Posts

@xiricon: Thank you for the feedback! I'll forward it to the team. Thanks again.

Niteowl69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Niteowl69
Member since 2006 • 71 Posts

@m4a5 said:

I don't like moving the article pictures to the right. It feels counter-intuitive, as I need to read the title text from left-to-right anyways (and it's now separated). It's far more convenient to look at the picture (which should be the main appeal to the article) and then immediately read the title.

Also, it feels like the article titles are harder to read. So whatever font changes (or just because of the above) did not help.

This person nailed it. Exactly my thoughts as well. Gamespot is my set homepage and since the change I don't even look at the homepage half as much. I can't explain it other than it sort of messes with my eyes. The picture just needs to be on the left as before and the font is unpleasant to the eyes. /shrug I liked the old font just the way it was. I really was hoping I would adjust to the new visual presentation but not at the present. I understand a new fresh look to a format, but this one is a bit off for me. Keep up the good work^^