This topic is locked from further discussion.

halBU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 halBU
Member since 2002 • 436 Posts

I've been visiting Gamespot less over the last couple of years. The loss of so many community features has been a major blow and the redesigns haven't worked well for me. But the reason for my topic is this:

I think you've made a major mistake in the design of the front page, specifically the Popular / Recent tab. Having popular stories completely cover recent stories by default means that, by default, I'm going to see the same stories featured on your front page for days -- even weeks -- at a time. It makes the site look stale.

In fact, I will confess that until recently I didn't even notice that there was a clickable RECENT tab. I've been coming to Gamespot, leaving disappointed that there didn't seem to be much new content.

I would think you'd want, at most, a handful of popular stories highlighted. More importantly, I think you'd ALWAYS want people to see the latest headlines on your front page by default! Popular stories are great... but if they remain for several days then it's just old news.