Forum post have a space in between sentences?.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MechGamer110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 MechGamer110
Member since 2013 • 55 Posts

Hi for some reason when I type a sentence and press enter I looks like I press enter two times.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

When I look at the bottom of my post I see Path: p.

best_Alchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 best_Alchemist
Member since 2009 • 68 Posts
HTML doesn't like to play nice on GameSpot and will sometimes add arbitrary formatting code that'll break your post layout. Especially if you hit the "preview" or "Check Spelling" buttons. One solution is to copy and paste your text into a program like notepad which will only carry over the text. From within notepad, format your text by adding HTML linebreak codes before you press "enter", and then recopy the text from notepad and paste it back into the text field and hit submit. If you hit "Preview Post" or "Check Spelling" before hitting "Submit" GameSpot will mess up your formatting again. If you want to preview or make spelling corrections, hit the appropriate button, but be sure you make any necessary changes from within the notepad program and then re-copy/paste the text back into the text field and immediately hit "Submit" when you are satisfied. Here's what your post looks like in HTML with only single spacing: Which results in: "Hi for some reason when I type a sentence and press enter I looks like I press enter two times. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? When I look at the bottom of my post I see Path: p." In this case, "br" represents a linkbreak and will tell GameSpot to switch to the next line. It's the same as pressing "enter" but you have to type out the "br". This solution is certainly a roundabout way of typing out a simple post, but it will guarantee that your post's formatting is the way you want it. Lucky for us, GameSpot has announced that they are rebuilding the site meaning that problems like these should be resolved; you should expect the change to happen sometime October.
Scalper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 Scalper
Member since 2002 • 437 Posts

using the wysiwyg? If you are you can turn that off in the settings (under user setting then Forum uncheck "Use WYSIWYG Editor")

If you still want to use the wysiwyg hold SHIFT and hit Enter to do a single line and not a double. 

MechGamer110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 MechGamer110
Member since 2013 • 55 Posts

Thanks for the reply, the shift and enter tip works great.

Bye