iammason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iammason
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts

Hey it's been a long time since I've logged in to this account, but I visit Gamespot on a daily basis still as my go to for gaming news. Love the coverage that's put out, keep it up!

That being said, I find the news section littered with articles about Fortnite. Not only is it news I'm not even interested in, but it makes it a hassle to sift through other news.

Fortnite isn't the only game that does it either. When a hot new game comes out, I find the same problem of individual articles taking up the news feed for the same game. This happened with Destiny 2, where I would go to the news page and it would just be articles and coverage about Destiny 2, again taking up most of the news feed.

I think Gamespot needs to organize articles for the same game a bit better. I don't need to see THREE "news" articles that are guides to challenges in a weekly update. Why can't it just be one article?

Thanks.

wemmick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#2 wemmick
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

Hehe...as you saw in the other thread, we are looking at this. The massive interest we've seen in Fortnite took everyone by surprise, and yes, it's forcing us to look at how we display news differently. We're working on it!

iammason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3 iammason
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts

@wemmick: thanks for the reply, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed. Again it's not just limited to Fortnite! Like I mentioned above Destiny 2 had the same problem but I look forward to see how you will look in to this ?