Forbidden Words - error message

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Oni
Member since 2002 • 1649 Posts

Hello, any time I make a post it tells me that I'm using forbiden words like "cla$$y or "cla$$ic", (can't even use forbiden that's why it's misspelled in this post) every time I post. I haven't used these words in any form on this forum for months. Anyone know what the deal is? It started ever since you guys implemented this new funky editor for posting.

This is the error message:

Errors: You have encountered a **** .html error, and have may used one or more of the **** words while trying to include a link in your message. There are certain words, including 'class' and 'style', that we do not allow while creating links in your messages because they are a doorway into several js exploits. Unfortunately, if you should have words that have 'class' in them (e.g., classify, classic, etc), they will also be ****. We are looking to find the best solution for this problem, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Hm, there WAS a stickied thread about this, but long story short is what it said there-- class and style can be used in javascript exploits, so they're banned words until they can find a fix for it. In the meantime, you can still post them if you do a quick reply or quick quote, as I did here.