Flash video performance in Firefox

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57bcc1891a93a
#1 Posted by deactivated-57bcc1891a93a (1284 posts) -

Since the new Gamespot I get weird performance whenever I start to view any video and it stays that way until I close that tab, even if I stop/pause the video. CPU usage stays at like 25% and that doesn't bother me at all really it's just that it makes everything stutter like once per second. It's super annoying while the video is playing obviously but it even has the little pause every second when I'm scrolling down through the comment section. Changing video quality from lowest to highest doesn't help a single bit. Anyone else have this problem or any idea what could likely be the culprit? please and thanks

#2 Posted by deactivated-57bcc1891a93a (1284 posts) -

still no luck, even tried reinstalling Firefox.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
#3 Edited by Smashbrossive50 (3915 posts) -

have you tried to reinstall Adobe Flash instead?

PS: I know this thread has become a necro-thread,but still,it doesn't mean it should took way too much time to look for solutions to it

#4 Posted by deactivated-57bcc1891a93a (1284 posts) -

yea, even Silverlight. Looks like Gamespot uses the .f4f+manifest streaming so now it makes some sense I guess. Instead of a stream being a single .flv or .mp4 it instead comes across multiple .f4f fragments, there's a new one every few seconds. Ugh.