Constantly being asked several times to verify if I'm human when using Gamespot

#1 Posted by Speeny (613 posts) -

So, this is what I'm prompted with this constantly:

We have detected a history of abnormal traffic from your IP address, so we ask that you please complete the following form to confirm that you are not a robot and are indeed a real person.

It's only started popping up recently which is strange. Also, the IP address keeps changing. I am not using a VPN.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Posted by Speeny (613 posts) -

So I've disabled the Adblock Plus Chrome extension. That seems to solve the issue but is there a permanent fix for this? I've had Adblock running in the past with no issues.

#3 Edited by Jasurim (495 posts) -

I'm having the same issue. Almost every page it will pop up for me.

The worst is sometimes it seems to get caught in a loop and I can't get to the page. It'll give the message, I'll click the thing to confirm I'm human and try to move on....then I'm sent right back to the page again and then again...etc. Also like the OP, the IP address keeps changing, but I am not using a VPN.

I'm also using Chrome with that same extension.

#4 Posted by Speeny (613 posts) -

@Jasurim: Must be a Chrome thing. Oh well hope it gets sorted!

#5 Posted by m7stech (128 posts) -

Same here, only started happening from like 4 days ago though and I never had any issues for past 10 years.

#6 Posted by wemmick (368 posts) -

@m7stech: We're looking into it - thanks for the heads-up, folks. Sometimes our anti-spam measures get a little aggressive.

#7 Posted by wemmick (368 posts) -

@wemmick: We found the issue and will get a fix out, probably tomorrow. Thanks again!

#8 Posted by wemmick (368 posts) -

@speeny: @m7stech This should now be fixed. Thanks again for the heads-up!

#9 Posted by m7stech (128 posts) -

Thank you, things seem to be back to normal.