RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#151 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
Something's TERRIBLY wrong! ALL blog comments have vanished from EVERYONE'S blogs, including mine! And it happens to ALL blogs too! When will the "vanishing blog comments" glitch be fixed?! I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 8. :(angeldeb82
That would be the feed not loading at all or the bulk of it failing to load - if it loads sometimes but not others chances are that there's a cache issue (try wiping temporarily files/cookies, restarting browser, maybe even flushing the DNS before logging in and trying again - or you could even just try to refresh the page a few times and they might show up) or there's something wrong with the livefyre servers at the times they disappear.
yeah. i've tried all of that, and a bunch of other stuff that was suggested about a year ago, and nothing seems to fix it. :(

win 7 64-bit home premium

google chrome

usa

buccomatic
Same for you if you haven't tried those already, I imagine you have though..pinpointing the cause isn't so easy when working with 3rd party stuff that I'm not all that familiar with unfortunately. It could even be minor incompatibility of livefyre with chrome for all I know, though it does seem to work fine for me in chrome using W7x64.
My comments do not show up on news articles after posting. I have experienced this problem just today.UnrealPro
Aside from livefyre auto-blocking a few unsuitable comments (and one perfectly fine one which I've now corrected, it's still rather overzealous atm unfortunately) I'm not seeing an issue on your (livefyre) account here - is it fine now? If not some specific examples would be useful. If it's all comments (not just yours) disappearing then that's a different issue completely of course. PS: you can delete your own comments so please do that rather than editing them to show a '.' only as that is effectively spam. If the particular device you're using (some tablets seem to have issues, which hopefully won't remain the case forever) doesn't show up the delete option then no worries though.
bobjones1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152 bobjones1980
Member since 2013 • 69 Posts
- Operating system Win7 64bit - Browser: Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox, IE - Your region U.S - The problem you are encountering? Comment icon is not changing
Rudorlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Rudorlf
Member since 2009 • 379 Posts

- Previously Win 7, currently Win XP temporarily. Both have the same problem

- Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer

- Malaysia

- Comments I posted are not shown at any articles.

Profilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Profilia  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 2226 Posts

- Previously Win 7, currently Win XP temporarily. Both have the same problem

- Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer

- Malaysia

- Comments I posted are not shown at any articles.

Rudorlf
Should be fixed now.
bkohary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 bkohary
Member since 2006 • 28 Posts

My comments have been deleted on news articles.

I have not been offensive and have no indication that I have violated anything.

Have I been flagged?

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#156 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

My comments have been deleted on news articles.

I have not been offensive and have no indication that I have violated anything.

Have I been flagged?

bkohary
Spam counting was the reason for livefyre privilege removal from what I can tell - you made 9 comments in a row counting upwards, which is just blatant spam. There doesn't appear to be any action on your GS account related to it, seems a fair few mods still aren't used to the livefyre-GS modding disconnect and forget to mirror it. It's been almost a week since the ban and was most likely only intended as a week-long suspension from livefyre so I'll reinstate that now.
Note to everyone that is having issues with their comments disappearing only (everyone elses show up fine, and yours may (or may not?) even appear as well while logged in) not appearing - it's most likely a moderation issue (or livefyre being overzealous, which is moderation related still) and not a technical one, so you should try the moderation clarification station board instead of using this thread.
As for everyone else with issues like the entire feed disappearing (or other livefyre things just not working, such as it not signing you into livefyre automatically when logged into GS) - that is a technical issue, but unfortunately we still aren't that familiar with livefyre (at the least not the inner workings of it) so it is possible that it's coding makes it incompatible or buggy with things we're not aware of, nonetheless we'll try our best to get it working for you.
ZOD777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#157 ZOD777
Member since 2010 • 305 Posts

Commenting system is completely gone in Chrome with Adobe Flash Player 11.8.  Livefyre is working fine in IE, and Firefox.  Before the update to the flash player, Livefyre was working just fine.  Has something to do with ver 11.8.800.168.

Update

I ran Ccleaner and the commenting sytem is working again in Chrome, aside from one small detial.  None of my comment likes are showing.

xolivierx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#158 xolivierx
Member since 2007 • 1341 Posts

Problem : comments not being displayed OR disapearing 1 minute after being posted

Browser : firefox 24.0

Avatar image for Dirk_McHardpeck
Dirk_McHardpeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Dirk_McHardpeck
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

- Operating system Win7 64bit - Browser: Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox, IE - Your region U.S - The problem you are encountering? Comment icon is not changingbobjones1980

Same. Except I'm on Windows 7 32 bit

ChristianKiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#160 ChristianKiss
Member since 2005 • 326 Posts

Good evening.

I've updated my avatar and, while it shows correctly in forums and in my profile, Gamespot still shows my old avatar when I post comments on news or reviews.

My actual avatar is Duke Nukem. The former one was the roach from StarCraft II.

Technical stuff:

-Operating system: Windows 7 64 bits.
-Browser: Chrome and IE 10.
-Region: Brazil

Thanks in advance for the attention.

KingKnight1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By KingKnight1337
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Hello I noticed a bug, In the Drakengard 3 coming to PS3 in 2014 article on Gamespot . The comment section was completely the same as the recent, "The Point - Should games try to be films" video. I don't know how many other comment sections suffer from this but...yeah.

Kats_RK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#162  Edited By Kats_RK
Member since 2010 • 2080 Posts

I've lost more than half my posts...I had over 6000 but now I only have around 1900 posts.

jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts

Your new site is a cluster fkfest.

Is it too hard to ask to check my tracked games by a single ffs.

gamefreak215jd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#164  Edited By gamefreak215jd
Member since 2012 • 361 Posts

@mjc: Same avvie problem here :(

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Why is everything so slllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ??

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

So is there any update yet on when signatures will actually work?

Steve_Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#167  Edited By Steve_Esquire
Member since 2013 • 46 Posts

The comment avatars are beyond frustrating. This has been going on for MUCH too long. They just need to find some other people to do it. It's ridiculous in this day to even have to wait for an update, not alone having it never even switching. Back when I joined, it was completely fine, now it's just sad.
(This is, as you can see, a new account. My old one got deleted with the new site.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#168 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
Member since 2011 • 348 Posts

The comment sections from the other blogs I've put up aren't showing up at all. Why is this?

Avatar image for deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#169 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
Member since 2011 • 348 Posts

Okay, the comment sections on my old blogs are back, but I don't see the comments from my old blogs still. Why is this?

TigusVidiks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#170 TigusVidiks
Member since 2011 • 213 Posts

Hi J, Hi all.
I have 2 main issues with the site for now. Nothing big, just annoying.
1. I think there should be a way in your profile settings to preview your forum signature.
2. I also feel like trying to find the actual forum you want is somewhat hard when it's not in the top 10. Maybe it's me not being able to understand the system, but...
3.Also, how to chnage toe order of the comments? Like - last to top, instead of last to botom as I have now?

bassani2013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 bassani2013
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I'm unable to view any videos since the new Gamespot site was released; everytime I select a video the video player loads but all I get is a black window with no sound. The following details you require are shown below:

- Operating system (Winxp/Win7/Win8 - mobile phone, etc) -> Windows 7 Home Premium.

- Browser: (Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox, IE, etc) -> Chrome but have also tried FireFox and Internet Explorer and get the same issue.

- Your region (country is fine; U.S., U.K. etc.) -> UK

Marky360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Marky360
Member since 2009 • 5549 Posts

I'm using my iPad 4th gen with IOS 7 installed and using the Google Chrome web browser. I having a problem replying to peoples comments when ever I try to replay after writing the comment clicking post comment does nothing as if the Button does no work. I also no longer receive notification when someone replies to my comment and now have to go back to the article and scroll though the comment section to check for replies. Needless to say this method is time consuming depending on how many comments have been added since my last post.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#173 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

Thank you guys for bringing this up. I'll be adding this to my Top 10 bug report list for our team and will be contacting Livefyre about some of the additional concerns that have been brought up.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#174 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

Does anyone know how to reduce the number of topics in the forums that can be seen in one page? To have 200 topics on the same page makes it really annoying to browse the forums.. In the old non-crappy GameSpot, I had like 10 topics a page..

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

system wars tab is keeping sending me to the gamespot homepage. its driving me crazy.

YourChagrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 YourChagrin
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Windows 7, Max OS X, Safari, Chrome, IE, United States.

I do not get notifications when someone replies to my comments, likes my comments, or mentions me in a comment. This makes having a discussion very difficult. This worked before the website update.

Also, my avatar does not show up when I post comments. This also worked before the website update.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#177  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Cannot comment, cannot like comments, cannot enjoy gamespot community. Several days of this now.......

Win 8 Chome US

snugglebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#178  Edited By snugglebear
Member since 2004 • 5015 Posts

Can't reply on most forum topics. I'm actually surprised and excited to see the option to do so here.

Vista, Chrome

Thanatos2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Thanatos2k
Member since 2004 • 17660 Posts

Windows 7, Firefox.

- I'll get emails about comment replies or likes, but when I load the article they're mysteriously missing.

- My OWN comments will be randomly gone too, and not because they got modded. Just gone. I can post a comment and refresh the page - gone. Come back in a day - gone.

- I'll click like on a comment, then refresh the page and the like will be gone. Other comment likes will fluctuate wildly. Sorting by "Top Comments" is completely unreliable.

- Comments nest improperly. You'll often see a reply ABOVE the comment that it was replying to.

Fix this garbage, the system is nearly unusable at this point.

groovyguy316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 groovyguy316
Member since 2003 • 28 Posts

Sorting by Top Comments remove all the likes for all the comments. It doesn't sound too bad, but I don't know whether the comment itself has been up-voted, or a reply to that comment....

- Operating system (Winxp/Win7/Win8 - mobile phone, etc) -> Windows 7 Home Premium.

- Browser: (Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox, IE, etc) -> Chrome

Avatar image for deactivated-60156c31f349f
deactivated-60156c31f349f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By deactivated-60156c31f349f
Member since 2005 • 2836 Posts
@groovyguy316 said:

Sorting by Top Comments remove all the likes for all the comments. It doesn't sound too bad, but I don't know whether the comment itself has been up-voted, or a reply to that comment....

- Browser: (Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox, IE, etc) -> Chrome

Same problem for me.

Windows 7 & Firefox.

Gazkapop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Gazkapop
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

@Thanatos2k said:

Windows 7, Firefox.

- I'll get emails about comment replies or likes, but when I load the article they're mysteriously missing.

- My OWN comments will be randomly gone too, and not because they got modded. Just gone. I can post a comment and refresh the page - gone. Come back in a day - gone.

- I'll click like on a comment, then refresh the page and the like will be gone. Other comment likes will fluctuate wildly. Sorting by "Top Comments" is completely unreliable.

- Comments nest improperly. You'll often see a reply ABOVE the comment that it was replying to.

Similar problems for me on Windows 7 and Chrome.

- Main problem I've noticed is comments and likes disappearing after a refresh that clearly haven't been modded in any way. This goes for comments and likes by anyone, not just me.

- Notifications not working either when I've been replied to or my comments have been liked.

- This might not be a bug as such but having a way to filter more email notifications would be nice. I would like to get an email if someone has replied to me but I don't need emails telling me that other people are leaving separate comments on a page that I've previously left one myself.

Other than that, I dig the new look. Much fresher and cleaner and the new video player is great. There was also going to be teething problems at the start so as long as they're sorted everything should be good.

TrueProphecy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By TrueProphecy22
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts

- Windows 7 64bit

- Chrome

- U.S.

- I'm not being automatically signed in to the comment system and cannot seem to manually sign in. I'm logged into the site, but not the comments section. Trying to click "Sign In" just reloads me to the top of the article.

DawgByte2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 DawgByte2
Member since 2002 • 543 Posts

Horrible horrible HORRIBLE.

There has to be a fix to this.

I am getting an email response whenever someone makes a comment in a news thread I posted in, regardless if it was a reply to something I said, or if it was just a general response. You can imagine the clusterfudge my inbox was when I had to deal with a small comment I made during the CoD: Ghosts running @ 720p. Yes, every response since then ran to my inbox... 1000+.

Thanks Gamespot. I turned off EVERY notification possible, prior to that and it still happened regardless. Never happened before this stupid website update.

Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Talis12
Member since 2013 • 26 Posts

@DawgByte2 said:

I am getting an email response whenever someone makes a comment in a news thread I posted in, regardless if it was a reply to something I said, or if it was just a general response. You can imagine the clusterfudge my inbox was when I had to deal with a small comment I made during the CoD: Ghosts running @ 720p. Yes, every response since then ran to my inbox... 1000+.

Thanks Gamespot. I turned off EVERY notification possible, prior to that and it still happened regardless. Never happened before this stupid website update.

same here.. ive turned every notification off and even deleted my comment and still im receiving mails

Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Talis12
Member since 2013 • 26 Posts

im at a few hundred emails now.. fix your damn shit Gamespot

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

My god this place is a mess... Just ONE of my issues is, and I am getting horribly annoyed by this: I am commenting in the Guided Fate Paradox review, it is just disappearing after I do, but I am still getting spam/emailed replies! Did the same company that developed the US Government Healthcare website, do the redesign of GS? People are stepping up, accepting responsibility and stepping down because of THAT... Who's accepting responsibility and stepping down for this? Lark Anderson?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#189 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@Talis12 said:

im at a few hundred emails now.. fix your damn shit Gamespot

Create a filter so all emails from Gamespot are sent to a specific folder, or the trash. What email service do you use? I can help you create a rule.

mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts

@DawgByte2 said:

I have the same issue. There used to be a subscribe/unsubscribe button on the articles but now it just auto subscribes to anything I comment on and when I check my email a few hours later it's flooded. The only "fix" I can do is wait for a notification email to come and then click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. There doesn't seem to be any other way or option but to wait for a notification email and manually unsubscribe from it. I really hope this issue gets fixed soon. It really makes me think twice before posting comments anywhere.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of unsubscribing

bjshepp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 bjshepp
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts

Every time I type a comment on an article it gets deleted when I refresh the page. I have not done anything to violate the terms of service. I even tried commenting with a different account and it still doesn't work.

Avatar image for AggrandizedUser
AggrandizedUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 AggrandizedUser
Member since 2013 • 79 Posts

A bunch of pages now require you to open a pop up window for the comments? And it's impossible to scroll down in the pop out window on Firefox.

bfa1509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#193 bfa1509
Member since 2011 • 1058 Posts

@AggrandizedUser said:

A bunch of pages now require you to open a pop up window for the comments? And it's impossible to scroll down in the pop out window on Firefox.

Chrome also

Avatar image for AggrandizedUser
AggrandizedUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By AggrandizedUser
Member since 2013 • 79 Posts

AHH MY EMAIL! Jesus Gamespot, what have you been doing? First you make us open comments in a pop up and now all of a sudden every article I comment on I am forced to "follow". Now my email inbox is exploding because I get notified every time anyone posts a new comment in that article. I'm used to being notified when someone replies or likes my comment, but I don't want to be notified about each and every new comment ever made. There's no settings to turn it off in my profile either so I have to manually check "unfollow" after making a comment now. This is super annoying. I'm getting thousands of emails from every article and review on Gamespot. I had to manually go back to each one and unsubscribe.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#195 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

I'm signed in but yet it says I need to sign in to comment on any article. When I click 'sign in' above the comment box, it refreshes the same page.

TigusVidiks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#196 TigusVidiks
Member since 2011 • 213 Posts

Yeah, often my comments simply vanish and never show up again, as soon as I change page. Also, Facebook share is not working properly for me, since the site changed. Several attempts in different days and shows, always the same result. Last try was the most recent The Point - from Danny - as I press the FB share button to the left of the video, it tries to post on facebook a completely different subject (in this case, the news about Xbox1 not allowing USB music playback). It's recurrent.

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 6

#197 WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

i Cant comment on things even tho im signed in, above comment box it asks me sign in , when i click that it takes me to top of the page and then nothing, since im already signed in

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#199 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

especially on blogs I am having trouble with comments, I generally use Maxthon browser.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Avatar image for CrouchingWeasel
CrouchingWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#200  Edited By CrouchingWeasel
Member since 2007 • 338 Posts

Half of the time I try to post comments they won't appear when I refresh & tonight I was getting told that I was trying to repost my comment twice even though I'd deleted it & then after changing one word to try & get it reposted the comment would instantly disappear from the page without even refreshing the page. Seriously, this site is a hot mess since you lot ruined it with this new update & I honestly don't know why I'm even bothering with trying to get a solution to this latest in a string of ever increasing problems with this site as I posted in your video bug forum 2 weeks ago & haven't even experienced the basic common courtesy of a response to my reply. Do I expect a solution then & there? No but an acknowledgement within 2 goddamn weeks would be nice.

Windows 7

Firefox 22.0

Australia