This topic is locked from further discussion.

Misfit119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 0

#1 Misfit119
Member since 2004 • 418 Posts

Was just watching On the Spot and saw a bunch of comments that I felt the need to + and -. However when I clicked to - two comments it gave them a +2 and when I clicked to + one of the comments it gave that person a -2 to it. While I don't think it's that big a deal this can cause someone who has a good post to become filtered out. Just figured I'd point it out and if it's already been reported, and I missed it, sorry about that.

-Daniel

Rasengan_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Rasengan_X
Member since 2007 • 20203 Posts

I just tested it for you and seriously it works as it should work for me. Try it again please and if it still seems to happen for you then I can't help anymore.

And no it hasn't been reported before for as far as I know. I haven't seen any topic the same as this on the previous pages.

Dj-Dark-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Dj-Dark-1
Member since 2007 • 6377 Posts

Well if the comment to begin with already has like a (-2) rating before you decided to rate it and you give it (+1). It will make it (-1) not (+1) as its (-2 + 1). It also works the other way around, if a comment already has a (+3) rating and you give it (-1) it will drop to (+2) not (-1) as its (+3 + -1). If its was originally (0) and you say this happened then i dont know what. Hope that helps.

-Dj

Misfit119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#4 Misfit119
Member since 2004 • 418 Posts
I'm aware as to how to use the comment rating system, I make liberal use of it. However if a post has 0 and I click on the thumbs down, they shouldn't jump to +2. I had refreshed the page before I did any thumbs up / downs so it wasn't that my browser hadn't updated other people +/- them. I tried it again with another section of the site and it's working fine. I think it was just a hiccup or something.
Bethany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Bethany
Member since 2002 • 7663 Posts
The refresh for ratings isn't always instantaneous to my knowledge, so that count account for weirdness. I'll keep my eye on the issue though.