clicking on someones name takes you to their feed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 OmitName
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

i think it would make more sense if, instead of their feed, viewing a profile (clicking their name) directed you to their about section. the about section just kinda dangles there anyway. also most times the feed features only stuff mostly about other peoples; it doesnt really have much to do with the name you clicked anyhow. it would be an easy to do little win for you guys i suspect. increase the harmony of the place.

wemmick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By wemmick
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

@OmitName: When you go to someone's profile, you should only see activity for that user. Are you seeing something different?

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 OmitName
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

negative. the feed just like everyone i suppose. the about section just seems like more of what one might call a profile is all. feeds are full of comments that people that user has subscribed to has made or updates and such. i dont use that bit much. it was just a thought, feedback in the feedback section.

wemmick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By wemmick
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

@OmitName: Well, to be clear, the feed of stuff you follow (your friends, games you follow) only shows up for you on your own profile. If you look at someone else's profile, you'll only see things they have done.

Point taken about going to the "about" page. I think arguments can be made either way. The "About" page is pretty static, so it isn't interesting to go to regularly although it is more informative if you're looking at someone's profile for the first time, while the feed page is more dynamic and "real-time."

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@wemmick said:

@OmitName: Well, to be clear, the feed of stuff you follow (your friends, games you follow) only shows up for you on your own profile. If you look at someone else's profile, you'll only see things they have done.

Point taken about going to the "about" page. I think arguments can be made either way. The "About" page is pretty static, so it isn't interesting to go to regularly although it is more informative if you're looking at someone's profile for the first time, while the feed page is more dynamic and "real-time."

Why not compromise and use the about page as a secondary menu while you're at it. Have a stack of containers for each of the other menu options(where they make sense) below the Bio div. You could place the 2-3 most recent items for each in there with a link to the page single(i.e. view all comments) and the link to the combined feed next to it. For the most recent blogs just toss an excerpt in there with the first 30-50 words and a link to the post single. Stacks and Images can just be tossed in on the sidebar like they are on the feed page.