Cant view forums on mobile.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

I cant access the forums on my mobile phone as it just shows a blank gamespot page with the headings at the top (reviews/news/videos/etc..) and stuff at the bottom of each page..nothing in the middle but grey (or white if you have that background preference)

I think its an ad which is doing this.

#2 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
Is the issue going to be resolved or what?
#3 Posted by super600 (32406 posts) -

The forums on GS don't work that well on mobile phones.I can't even sign in on my mobile phone.

#4 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -

The forums on GS don't work that well on mobile phones.I can't even sign in on my mobile phone.

super600
they worked fine up until 2 weeks ago
#5 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
really? Besides the issue im having at the moment with not being able to see anything besides the header/footer crap, ive been able to sign in and post fine (on mobile)
#6 Posted by super600 (32406 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

ultraking

they worked fine up until 2 weeks ago

My HTC has never worked that well on GS.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
#7 Posted by deactivated-579f651eab962 (5404 posts) -
Was working fine till recently. I have a Galaxy note, I've tried different browsers. The forum page loads up but if I click on anything nothing happens. Any words on a fix Gamespot?
#8 Posted by sts106mat (24175 posts) -
same for me, page loads but then if i try to log in, it conks out and goes to a generic "cannot load this web page" screen.
Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
#9 Posted by deactivated-579f651eab962 (5404 posts) -
I've just updated to jellybean and it's fixed it. Also try changing your user agent to desktop.
#10 Posted by super600 (32406 posts) -

Update:

I downloaded google chrome on my phone and tried to log onto this site. Even with google chrome I had problems logging onto this site. It took awhile, but I managed to log onto this site with my phone.

#11 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -

sure would be nice if I could check the forums on my phone again

#13 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

ultraking
agreed, this thread has been up for like 2 weeks and still havnt gotten a reply from GS...very slack.
#14 Posted by super600 (32406 posts) -

ultraking

If you are able to download google chrome on your phone.

#15 Posted by JodyR (16418 posts) -

I haven't seen any recent reports about this.

If you are still having this problem please share the platform and date when the forums stopped working for you

#16 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

If you are still having this problem please share the platform and date when the forums stopped working for you

JodyR
I am no longer having problems with this (You guys probably removed the ad which was blocking everything) But i am still getting the 'too many server redirects' when i try to sign in on mobile (Samsung galaxy S btw)
#17 Posted by JodyR (16418 posts) -
[QUOTE="JodyR"]

campzor
I am no longer having problems with this (You guys probably removed the ad which was blocking everything) But i am still getting the 'too many server redirects' when i try to sign in on mobile (Samsung galaxy S btw)

Yes, I've heard about that problem as well. I'll make sure they have this issue on their roadmap.