Can't get the Gamespot HTML 5 player to work

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iago99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iago99
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts

I receive the message 'Please use a Flash capable Browser To Watch Videos'.

I'm using Firefox 45.0.2 (32-bit) with fresh laptop / Win 10 build. No plug-ins like Ad-Block etc. I have cleared cookies and tried all of the other troubleshooting ideas in other threads. I refuse to install Flash for any site and Gamespot seems to be one of the obstinate few which hasn't made the switch from Flash (except the BBC site but that's a slow cog to move at the best of times). I've also tried this with Edge with Flash turned off and get the same error message. The YouTube channel for Gamespot works perfectly, but isn't an ideal way to get Gamespot content.

Surely Flash must be dead by now? Pleasecould you resolve this and make HTML 5 the default player?

iago99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 iago99
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts

@iago99: Anyone?? If it wasn't for Danny O'D I wouldn't even bother - any chance of listening to people?

wemmick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#3 wemmick
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

Sorry, but we don't currently support that. We are working on it, but I don't expect it to be ready until summer.

wemmick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#4 wemmick
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

@iago99: We tried some new levers and knobs over here, and this may now work for you - could you give it a shot?

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5 s_h_a_d_o
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts

@iago99 said:

I receive the message 'Please use a Flash capable Browser To Watch Videos'...

Surely Flash must be dead by now? Please could you resolve this and make HTML 5 the default player?

Totally agree (esp. that last sentence) - it's the main reason I don't bother with this site anymore.

@GameSpot Given that you're celebrating two decades existence, isn't it about time you joined us in the 21st century?

@wemmick said:

@iago99: We tried some new levers and knobs over here, and this may now work for you - could you give it a shot?

Doesn't look like those levers/knobs were connected to anything - no change. (FF 46.01/Win 7-64)