This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for philsb123456789
philsb123456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 philsb123456789
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I created a dummy account so that I could post this message. I've been a member here for about 10 years now and ever since the site was upgraded I cannot login. Can't even reset my password because it says no account with my email address is found in their system. Anybody else experience this issue since the upgrade?

znavotim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By znavotim
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts

I have the exact same problem and am using a different email address.

philsb123456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 philsb123456789

Well, at least I'm not the only one.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#4 rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

I've helped a lot of people with this issue and in all cases they misremembered their account id or email address used to sign up. To verify that your account is what you think it is, Google it + gamespot. If that id truly existed, at the very least you will see your user page in the Google results. You should see a lot more if you posted etc.. There are no lost user accounts. If you had an account in the old system I Ãœber Guarantee you its in the new system.

philsb123456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 philsb123456789

Holy crap it worked! I had to login using the username and not the email address, but I think I'm in. Cheers!

st3nen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6 st3nen
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Ok, this is weird. I had the same issue. That when I tried to retrieve my password it said my user didn't exist. I tried to retrieve it both with my username and my e-mail but nothing worked. But now, after reading this thread I tried to log in again, and it worked.

Just a guess here, but is it the password retreival that is broken?

gusama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gusama

Same here. Took a long time till I get here and read this. Was able to recover only because of this post. The "reach out directly to our customer support team." link leads to a broken form (couldn't contact them) and the password retrieval system is broken too.

Thank you edgework!

st3nen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 st3nen
@gusama said:

The "reach out directly to our customer support team." link leads to a broken form (couldn't contact them)

Yeah, had the same problem aswell!

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

Thank you for posting this, I'm adding this to my weekly bug report for the development team. Please feel free to post updates to this error as you encounter them so that I can better assist the community in resolving this issue in a timely manner.

OmKrnMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OmKrnMK

I also am unable to log into my account Lord_Omikron666 and the password reset form isn't working either.

dmaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dmaxwell

I am having the same problems. I can't login. It says no account exists with my email address. The "Submit a question" form is broken. It's pretty bad to break the login and then break the only way for people to contact you without logging in.

If my email address is not my username then I have no idea what my username is. I have always logged in with my email address. I know I have my email address and password correct because I use a password manager to enter them. This is a paid account, so I would really like to see this fixed ASAP.

Securator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Securator
Member since 2012 • 43 Posts

@dmaxwell: Had the same problem as you. Logged in minutes ago.

From what i understand you cannot really log in through email id right now, and you seem to have forgotten your username like me.

Just do what i did, open your email mailbox and search "Welcome to gamespot". You'll find the first mail after registrations. In this mail your username is mentioned clearly, log in with that. Hope this helps.

Gamespot really shouldn't make us go through all of this. I mean iv played so many 'prove that you're human tests' since the morning, im not even sure if im a human now.

snugenz_irl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By snugenz_irl
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts

I can't access my main account Snugenz, when the new site launched i changed my email address to a more current one and completed the process (could post fine, had no real issues) now a few days later i can't get past the login screen because it states that my Email address hasn't been verified, though i'm certain it has from the email that was sent to my new address.

When i try to click the verification link again it says that my email has already been verified which it clearly hasn't so what am i meant to do with this.

Mr_KMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Mr_KMG
Member since 2003 • 2971 Posts

@edgework said:

I've helped a lot of people with this issue and in all cases they misremembered their account id or email address used to sign up. To verify that your account is what you think it is, Google it + gamespot. If that id truly existed, at the very least you will see your user page in the Google results. You should see a lot more if you posted etc.. There are no lost user accounts. If you had an account in the old system I Ãœber Guarantee you its in the new system.

Why isn't their a notice on the login page that states you must use login with your actual USER NAME and not your email address that has been used as to login since the day I joined Gamespot almost a decade ago?!

I'm certain I was using the right email address and password as I have the login information in my password manager (that I manually checked to make it was indeed the right email address and password)

I can see you Gamespot has HEAVILY borrowed their new site design from Giant Bomb's TOP MEN designers, but it needs some heavy refining as it appears too "bolted into" a very established and ancient (in terms existing on the web) but also it fitting with what Gamespot is

PS. The login page has blocked active content on Firefox, due to security risk that it poses (details can be found here and here); This issue also occurs on Giant Bomb's login page which I've tried to bring to the attention of their engineers (and still has not been fixed).

Yay! even the post editor is as bugged as GB!

Avatar image for Arther-la-Blunt
Arther-la-Blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Arther-la-Blunt
Member since 2004 • 617 Posts

Yeah, this solution works. Gamespot changed me from Arther_la_Blunt to Arther-la-Blunt. It's almost unbearable!

Trender_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Trender_man
Member since 2013 • 143 Posts

worked after i had to capital the t in my name

Superlegtesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Superlegtesta
Member since 2003 • 389 Posts

@Trender_man: Same thing for me.

dmaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dmaxwell

Still nothing working for me. I found an old email with my username but it won't accept it either. I tried it with my current password and my previous password. I tried it with capitalizing the first letter in my username. My username is all letters with no symbols, so I can't swap _ for -, or anything like that.

It is too bad that only other users are here to help and not somebody from Gamespot who may actually be able to fix the problem.

But hey, I may not be getting the advertisement free site I am paying for, but at least now I can also see ads when I play the Are you Human game now too. What amazing customer service I am getting!!!

-_-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -_-_-

I have no Earthly idea what my username is, so I have not been able to log in since the site update. I figured maybe my password was wrong, but the password recovery on the new site is most certainly broken. It says no account has my email, yet when I found the old gamespot password reset page still active...putting in the same email on that immediately worked. I had my password right all along anyway though. I just don't know what my username is. I have never known my username or had any need to since I have always logged in with my email. I never entered my username into my password program, because there is no need to ever know it when you log in...with an email. This wouldn't be a problem considering you would think a single one of the hundreds of emails I have from gamespot would say my username in them, but alas...not a single one does. You would think this issue would have been forseen when it was randomly decided to make it so you could no longer log in with an email....

I apologize for my poor mood, but I just did about twenty tests to prove I am a human in order to try a ton of different usernames before doing it once more to make this account so I could post. Could anyone please help?

Also, the Contact Us form still seems to be broken, either that or...it just doesn't show any signs of the message having been sent when you click submit. All the data in the fields just disappears...

cantloginnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cantloginnow
Member since 2013 • 381 Posts

I cant log in either.It maybe my password but I cant change it because the new site doesnt recognize my email,though my inbox is full of gamespot updates.

-_-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -_-_-

Here's the old password reset link that still works:

https://secure.gamespot.com/rps/misc/recover_password.php

cantloginnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cantloginnow

@-_-_- said:

Gamespot sent the link to my email but when I tried to reset the password it says Email not specified.Thanks though.

dmaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dmaxwell

@cantloginnow:

@cantloginnow said:

@-_-_- said:

Gamespot sent the link to my email but when I tried to reset the password it says Email not specified.Thanks though.

I actually get to the page to reset my password. It says that when a new password is entered, it will log me in and redirect me to my home page. I enter a password and click the button and it just puts me back on the Change Password page.

I love how it seems like nobody from gamespot seems to be monitoring the "Bug Reporting & Feedback" posts. Come on gamespot, let us at least know that you are aware of the problem we are all having, and maybe let us know when you think it will be fixed. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

@dmaxwell said:

@cantloginnow:

@cantloginnow said:

@-_-_- said:

I actually get to the page to reset my password. It says that when a new password is entered, it will log me in and redirect me to my home page. I enter a password and click the button and it just puts me back on the Change Password page.

I love how it seems like nobody from gamespot seems to be monitoring the "Bug Reporting & Feedback" posts. Come on gamespot, let us at least know that you are aware of the problem we are all having, and maybe let us know when you think it will be fixed. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Actually, 2 staff members have posted in this very thread.

-_-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By -_-_-

I found my username finally after having the genius idea to check my Firefox history to see if the page title for when I was on my profile happened to include the username in it. It did. So, I can log in now. Yay! I don't seem to be able sort my wishlist by console now though. Oh well, at least I have access to it at all and it's not lost forever.

If anyone else needs to try and do the same thing to get their username, just searching your web history for 'Profile - Gamespot' should bring it right up!

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#26 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I still can't log into my account. Edgework did an amazing job fixing my initial problem, But now its telling me I need to verify my email and that I should check my mailbox. Well I just did, and there's nothing there. Can I get a little help please?

snugenz_irl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By snugenz_irl
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts

@Blabadon said:

I still can't log into my account. Edgework did an amazing job fixing my initial problem, But now its telling me I need to verify my email and that I should check my mailbox. Well I just did, and there's nothing there. Can I get a little help please?

Same though i have the verification mail the link in it leads to a "this account is already verified" message that does feck all considering everytime i try and login with my account (Snugenz) it still says the email isn't verified.

Just to be clear...

When i try to login with my Snugenz account

The verification email and what happens when i click it.

cantloginnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cantloginnow

Would be nice to get an update on the problems since the site changed.Is this going to be fixed or can I kiss my 5 year account goodbye?

jennoatemp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jennoatemp

I hope someone can help me with this. I had to create a temporary account too as I am unable to log in with my original. Reading back through this topic I can confirm I know my username, and email address used to sign up. (I still have access to the original email confirming my signup). But like others I can't reset the password as it claims to have no user associated with that address, although if I try to create a new account it says that one is already associated with that email address...

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

I need help too. I cant post in my other account. It says I have had too many "flagged"

Is this what Gamespot is now? Community Mods? No one with a valid point will stand a chance.

I went to blog something and it says I was already banned, yet I get no messages saying this and still can log in.

Is it a suspension?

If this is not the right area, where should I go. I'm so damn lost.

Broccoli1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Broccoli1979

I had to create this account just so i could post.

I can not log in to my nearly 15-year old account. It's frustrating. I cant remember the exact username i had, but when asking to send a password to my email, the site responds that the email is not known. when trying to create a new account with that email, the site responds that it is already in use, so i actually had to create a new emailaccount as well. I am not receiving the Gamespot weekly newsletter anymore. In my old account i have marked/flagged dozens of games, articles and what not and i rather not start over all that work. I wouldnt know where to start.

I really hope that this problem is being looked into with urgency. Customers not being able to log into their account would seem like a rather big problem for a games/news/community site like gamespot, dont you agree?

It would be nice to know if this problem is being adressed and if there is an estimated time/dte when it will be fixed.

Ricardo41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ricardo41
Member since 2002 • 1046 Posts

Had the same problem. Luckily, I have a simple username. Username + Password worked (after what felt like 4989999 tries). The "send new password to email account" option didn't work either.

Gamespot should put a big sign on the login page, indicating these bugs.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I don't mean to sound impatient, but its been 3 days. When can I get some help?

I tried changing my password to see if I had the right email, and I did. Password was changed successfully. But its still telling me I have to verify my email. How am I supposed to do that with no verification email? :/

ErrorLogin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ErrorLogin

I cannot login either, though I haven't seen anyone with the same problem post in here yet.

I have the correct username and password, and email (and was even able to change my password) but everytime I try to login since the site was updated, I get a blank white page on firefox with the url of

https://auth.gamespot.com/check-login/

On internet explorer it says "HTTP 500 internal server error".

My real username is "6_Dead_360s"

poudigne2013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 poudigne2013

I have the same probleme. And for the fact that I've possibly forgot my login info, I have tried resetting my password with all email address I use and none worked. My username is buzz1576.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

UPDATE: The issue is apparently a result of the affected account in question never verified their email address during the registration process -OR- an error occurred during the registration process at some point during verification.

In any case, we're working on implementing a fix, at this point in time we are gathering a list of username and emails to help try and manually push accounts to a live status.

AlexSinov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AlexSinov

@DigitalDame:

Hi, my old accound is LaStOfThE. http://www.gamespot.com/profile/LaStOfThE/

I would love to get it back since I have it since 2005.

cantloginnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cantloginnow

@DigitalDame:

How are you getting this list?Should we message someone our info?

dmaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dmaxwell

@DigitalDame:

my username is danmaxwell. I have had that account since 2002.

If I ever got an email verification email, it would have been back then, and I would have verified it. I have been getting tracked game update emails semi (not very) reliably that whole time.

It would probably be a very good idea to get the "Submit a question" form fixed ASAP because there are probably a lot of people who are only trying to request help through that form.

larkanderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#40 larkanderson
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

Hi everyone,

I've just posted a ton of details about sign in issues right here.

Apologies that it's taken me this long to do so!

m(_ _)m