Can't sign in with my old account, can't reset password..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Oddsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Oddsnake
Member since 2014 • 202 Posts

Finally. I finally managed to make myself a new user, JUST so I can post this.

I need some help. I've had an account here at Gamespot for many years, but after the redesign, I could no longer log in. I might have forgotten my password, which wouldn't be a problem..but the Password Reset functionality doesn't work. It just says "Something went wrong, we're working on it".

Yet, nothing happens and my old account is unavailable. Luckily I managed to make a new account so I can hopefully enjoy the fun of E3 again, but I do wish I could use my old account.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#2 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

If this is still a problem I'd advise PMing a CM or other admin so that they can hopefully get you back into your old account quickly even if the bug itself can't be fixed swiftly. Customer support is also an option.

As for the bug itself; thanks for reporting it, that feature did work at one point on the new site so hopefully it won't take long to rectify the issue, especially with GS having already started preparing for E3 and therefore having limited time/resources to allocate atm.

larkanderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#4 larkanderson
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

@oddsnake: Can you PM me your old username and the email address it was linked to?