BUG - Your HTML is not well-formed - please check for unclosed tags.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkcloud6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 darkcloud6
Member since 2007 • 4685 Posts

i'm the leader of a union and the last few times i've gone into the admin to change the banner this error has come up:

Your HTML is not well-formed - please check for unclosed tags.

i recently found out that it wasn't the banner, but the codes for the hompage of the union. now this can't be right because the codes are exactly the same as when i first put them up and they worked. this same problem happened with our profile pages a few months ago... so WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??????? now i've got no homepage :x.

darkcloud6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darkcloud6
copy and pasting from noptepad doesn't work i've tried it many times.
megagood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 megagood
Member since 2008 • 429 Posts
Sorry you are having trouble. We've encountered this problem from time to time - first thing to do is check for double-spaces in your text - we fixed it to make this not a problem, but the union boards are sometimes a beast of a different nature.
darkcloud6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darkcloud6
i've checked and theres no double spaces except for when i go onto a different line, and thats not the problem because i've tried deleting those spaces and that doesn't work.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
I've had to attempt to post the same message twice to get round this problem, though if you use the full editor you have to wait for the page to load fully before you resubmit, this can take about a minute with IE.