BUG: Report Abuse feature broken on game specific forums.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 soul_motor
Member since 2003 • 2348 Posts
I think the report abuse button is broken. It just goes to a blank screen right now.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

Seems to be working fine for me. I reported this thread as a test, and it went through fine and I cleared it out easily enough too. Can you not report any post? How many reports have you tried to make where this has happened? Does the screen go blank as soon as you hit the report feature on the drop down menu or does it go blank when you have filled out the report and tried to submit it?

I have moved this thread to Technical Support as it sounds like a glitch.

soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 soul_motor
It was happening on a few posts in the Fable II boards. I tried maybe three of them yesterday. I'll be darned if I remember which threads as they're probably well buried by now... All I was getting was a white screen, I couldn't even fill out a report. Thanks for looking into it.
soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 soul_motor
This is happening both at work and at home. Here's a thread that I attempted http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/fable2/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-46147330&pid=927246 The second response was trolling... If it helps I'm using FireFox 3 on both computers. I was not using the wide forums beta, but the original forums.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

This is happening both at work and at home. Here's a thread that I attempted http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/fable2/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-46147330&pid=927246 The second response was trolling... If it helps I'm using FireFox 3 on both computers. I was not using the wide forums beta, but the original forums.soul_motor

That is strange. Everything seems fine for me if I try to report somebody, even on that board. That is a shared board though, which is gamefaqs controlled. Have you had this experience when reporting something on a GameSpot board?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

Posting in it the thread managed to bring it out of hiding, and then I went to GameFAQs and reported the message.

I don't know why it shows a blank page when you try to report it through GameSpot.

soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 soul_motor
I guess I'll have to find something offensive or trolling on a GS board. Then again I'm not actively looking for stuff to mod. Maybe I'll stop by System Wars, it's usually a menagerie of trolls there... :roll:
soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 soul_motor
Still having problems on the Fable board, but system wars was able to take a report. Definitely a GameFAQs issue...
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

Still having problems on the Fable board, but system wars was able to take a report. Definitely a GameFAQs issue...soul_motor

So you are still not able to report posts on any specific game forum?

soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 soul_motor
Game specific boards only. At least Fable 2 and Fallout 3. It could just be the heavy use of said boards...
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dracula68

Game specific boards only. At least Fable 2 and Fallout 3. It could just be the heavy use of said boards...soul_motor
That's odd. I just went to the Fable II forum and reported my alt just fine. See below.

Report Abuse

Confirmation

Your moderation notice has been accepted. Thank you for making GameSpot a better place!

Return to Fable II forum

soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 soul_motor
Just weird, it may be a geographic thing. I broke down and used IE, and it returned as a 500/ server error...
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dracula68

Just weird, it may be a geographic thing. I broke down and used IE, and it returned as a 500/ server error...soul_motor

What region are you from? I am from GS US and I used Firefox 3.0. I can try it in IE7 when I get some free time.

soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 soul_motor
I'm in Ohio. Maybe it's all the political ads eating bandwidth here :(
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dracula68

I'm in Ohio. Maybe it's all the political ads eating bandwidth here :(soul_motor
Well I found someone else that had the same problem you had. I am not sure why this is happening as I tried IE7 and it worked fine for me. I can't replicate this.

soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 soul_motor

I may have figured out the problem, I've never used the GameFAQ's site. According to their TOS:

Mark it for moderation. Click on the "Message Detail" link right above the message, select a reason, and submit it. This will inform the moderators that you believe that the message is violating the TOU, and they will act on it if they agree with you. Your account must be at least level 20 before being allowed to mark messages for moderation.

I'm only level one on their site. I don't know if this is something new, but it's quite irritating, especially since I've been here for quite some time...

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dracula68

I may have figured out the problem, I've never used the GameFAQ's site. According to their TOS:

Mark it for moderation. Click on the "Message Detail" link right above the message, select a reason, and submit it. This will inform the moderators that you believe that the message is violating the TOU, and they will act on it if they agree with you. Your account must be at least level 20 before being allowed to mark messages for moderation.

I'm only level one on their site. I don't know if this is something new, but it's quite irritating, especially since I've been here for quite some time...

soul_motor

That makes it sound like you were actually on GF. I thought you were talking about the game specific forums you access through GS.

soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 soul_motor
I was originally through GameSpot, but I figured I'd attempt to try through GameFAQ's just to see if that would work. No dice on either account. Though that said, I definitely prefer the forums through GameSpot, just so much easier to use. BTW, the thread was "wtf, wtf, wtf," and there was a comment regarding coitus with "your wife on your bed." Though not quite as eloquent as that...
soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 soul_motor
For grins and giggles, I tried different OS's. Didn't work on Linux or Vista either.
thebrown07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 thebrown07
Member since 2005 • 1487 Posts

I meant to post this last week but forgot. I'm getting this same issue of the report button not working, it just takes me to a page can not be displayed page. I tried the button in this support thread and it worked.

The specific forum I am using is the "Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe [PS3]". I just can't seem to report :(

If it helps i've tried on IE7 and Firefox, I also live in the UK.

DarkFireGod69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarkFireGod69
Member since 2008 • 1397 Posts

As am I.

Mercs 2 forum, Fable 2, Fallout 3, and Saints Row 2 forums.

I just tried this today just now from this thread..

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/saintsrow2/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-46388393&pid=939458

and I got the following

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Please try the following:

Open the home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
You can also see a list of related sites.

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

This has been happening to me for awhile now. at least since Mercs 2 came out.

DarkFireGod69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DarkFireGod69

hmmm sorry for the double post but It seems to only happen on the shared boards, as I just did it on a mods respose in this thread and it came up just fine.

So while we GS users are on shared boards we nolonger can mark a post for moderation.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dracula68

hmmm sorry for the double post but It seems to only happen on the shared boards, as I just did it on a mods respose in this thread and it came up just fine.

So while we GS users are on shared boards we nolonger can mark a post for moderation.

DarkFireGod69

Do me a favor and report my post and can you take a screen shot?

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/saintsrow2/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-46388393&pid=939458

DarkFireGod69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DarkFireGod69

Ok I did that and this is what I got.....

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa309/ryukoken69/Testreport.jpg

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dracula68

Ok I did that and this is what I got.....

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa309/ryukoken69/Testreport.jpg

DarkFireGod69

OK, I passed this info along to have it looked into. Thanks!

DarkFireGod69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DarkFireGod69

yup no problem.

I thought it was maybe something to do with that beta, cuz thats about the time I noticed it wasnt working, But after coming to this thread, it seems its only the shared boards that have the problem as I can report in this thread...

soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 soul_motor

Figured I'd throw in a firefox screen grab as well, not as much info...

Sondra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sondra
Member since 2006 • 179 Posts

soul_motor

As a test, your GameFAQs level has been bumped up to 20. Would you please re-attempt message reporting? Let us know how it goes.

soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 soul_motor
[QUOTE="soul_motor"]

Sondra

As a test, your GameFAQs level has been bumped up to 20. Would you please re-attempt message reporting? Let us know how it goes.

Still getting the "white screen of doom." I figured I'd name the bug, and "of death" was already taken:P Though for giggles I hit GameFAQs and was able to report it. I'm stumped now...
Sondra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sondra

Still getting the "white screen of doom." I figured I'd name the bug, and "of death" was already taken:P Though for giggles I hit GameFAQs and was able to report it. I'm stumped now...soul_motor

We bumped your GameFAQs level up to 20, that's why you _can_ report on the GameFAQs side. :)

Okay, let's run through some basics here to rule them out. Would you please clear your browser cache and then close all open browser windows? Once you have done this, open a new browser window and try again. Let me know how it goes.

soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 soul_motor
I cleared the whole enchilada; cookies, cache, etc. Still the white screen of doom. For giggles I even disabled add-ons, still a white screen:(
Sondra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sondra
Thanks for that! Okily dokily. I was able to reproduce this situation by creating a post in a Saints Row 2 board here:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/saintsrow2/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-46388393&pid=939458&msg_id=m-1-508826332#m-1-508826332

then logging in as soul_motor and attempted to report the post. I got the white page. :*(

I'm going to bug this and close the thread. Pleae note that I have no control over bug prioritization, but we'll do our best to get it addressed.

BUG: GME-3642
Sondra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sondra
This bug has been reported fixed and closed.  soul_motor confirms the fix, but I'll leave this open for now in case you see some weird behavior.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dracula68

This bug has been reported fixed and closed.  soul_motor confirms the fix, but I'll leave this open for now in case you see some weird behavior.Sondra

Check your e-mail for my request to re-open.It appears this was only fixed on the SR2 forum.

soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 soul_motor
I'm just wondering if I'm just spending too much time in the Fable boards. Fable II is wonky, but I tried Fallout 3, Chrono Trigger, and Bleach (Yeah, I tried to be somewhat random there), and they worked fine. I didn't actually report anything, but at least I can get to the screen to report it now.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dracula68

I'm just wondering if I'm just spending too much time in the Fable boards. Fable II is wonky, but I tried Fallout 3, Chrono Trigger, and Bleach (Yeah, I tried to be somewhat random there), and they worked fine. I didn't actually report anything, but at least I can get to the screen to report it now.soul_motor

Alright, I'll relay it is only the Fable II forums then. Thanks Soul!

readingfc_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 readingfc_1
Member since 2004 • 2548 Posts
I'm having the exact same issue.
Sondra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sondra
I've been told this has been addressed.  Still finding any problems?
Sondra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sondra
This bug has been fixed and closed.  Closing this thread.