BUG: I can't view posts until I post again

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
can a mod please tell us on the progress of this problem?spritepac
Mods have no clue on the progress of bugs. All I can say is it is still being worked on.
Avatar image for Scott_Malkinson
Scott_Malkinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#152 Scott_Malkinson
Member since 2008 • 2604 Posts
This topic started in May and it's still being worked on? Wow!
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Dracula68
This topic started in May and it's still being worked on? Wow!Scott_Malkinson
\ Yes, because reading through this thread it was fixed and then started again when the forums went wide.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
Here be a Quick Fix to this issue.
Once you have made at least one post in the topic you can use that one to make the newer posts show up with out posting again. To do this click on "Delete Post" being that its on the game board it will tell you that can not be done. Now hit backspace (Or any other key/button to go back a page) and refresh. Bam new posts show up and you don't run the risk of being modded by the GF mods for posting to see new posts.
This however does NOT work if you are the maker of the topic, you'll need to make a 2nd post in the topic and use that one
wonderboy63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 wonderboy63
Member since 2008 • 720 Posts

When ever I make a new topic and someone else posts on it I cant see it until I post agian. And today I cant see any post in a topic until I post in it. Is there any way to fix it?

And the problem is back - Drac

Booty998

thats exacly wat happens to me, i can only see peoples messeges that posted before mines i wanna kno how to fix it

wonderboy63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 wonderboy63
Member since 2008 • 720 Posts
i dont think so..im in south florida and i have the problem..its getting really annoying.
fracot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#157 fracot
Member since 2006 • 1278 Posts
I also have this problem
Mr_Korean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Mr_Korean
Member since 2008 • 1622 Posts

Here be a Quick Fix to this issue.
Once you have made at least one post in the topic you can use that one to make the newer posts show up with out posting again. To do this click on "Delete Post" being that its on the game board it will tell you that can not be done. Now hit backspace (Or any other key/button to go back a page) and refresh. Bam new posts show up and you don't run the risk of being modded by the GF mods for posting to see new posts.
This however does NOT work if you are the maker of the topic, you'll need to make a 2nd post in the topic and use that one
fastesttruck

This works, for anyone with the problem DO THIS

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 fastesttruck

This works, for anyone with the problem DO THIS

Mr_Korean
Heh maybe I should make a list of all the work arounds I've found so far for this site's bugs? >_> What I posted also works in the main boards if the issue shows up. and a 2nd note is that if a user from GS posts in the GF topic, all posts up to theirs will show up when you go back into the topic
dlind70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 dlind70
Member since 2004 • 2816 Posts
GFAQs needs to update their own forums. Until then, this problem will persist.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 fastesttruck
GFAQs needs to update their own forums. Until then, this problem will persist.dlind70
What do you mean? Its not on their side that this happens and they updated the site a few years before gamespot added this new lay out
swhorl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 swhorl
Member since 2002 • 107 Posts

I've not noticed this specific bug, but here's something else that may be related & info that might help.

I was going to check on a thread I created. I couldn't find it. Was it deleted? Why would it have been deleted? I checked for any messages from Gamespot about it. Nothing.

So I Googled it.

This the the forum page. http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/nina/forum.html?tag=quicklinks;forums

This is my thread found through google. http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/nina/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-47115756&pid=918964

I also found the GameFAQ forum through google. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=918964

All the locked threads on GameFAQs do not show on the Gamespot forum. I understand why they'd lock it, it makes no sense in the context of their page. Though I don't know why so many of the other topics are locked.

I don't understand why GameFAQs should have control over Gamespot forums. I know they're "powered by GameFAQs" but posts like mine that depend on the context of the page, and was posted at Gamespot should be moderated from Gamespot. For the same reason, I don't understand why blogs on Gamespot are cross posted to Movietome and TV.com and MP3.com. If sites are geared toward specific forms of entertainment why pollute them with subjects outside their focus?

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 fastesttruck
Locked topics on GF now means they are "saved" where as they used to get eaten every few days and go to "hell". Why the don't show up here tho I don't know but I'm gonna say its got something to do with how its coded on GF and a bit of the coding here on GS.
Dinkyfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#164 Dinkyfish
Member since 2007 • 1491 Posts
Ok this problem has been sort of solved for me, now I can read replies fine after I start a topic but if I post in smeone else's topic then go back to it I cannot read any replies after mine until I post again.
Coldhound7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Coldhound7
Member since 2008 • 123 Posts

Problem started happening to me as well.

I use firefox and google chrome(Don't ask why I use it, just it seems most place are more compatible with it than most browsers.)

TheBalancedMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 TheBalancedMan
Member since 2009 • 46 Posts
This problem is happening to me on IE, Firefox, safari. It even persists after I log out. Just thought I'd let ya know.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Dracula68
I *think* this may be close to getting fixed.
Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#168 Heroldp813
Member since 2008 • 2103 Posts

I *think* this may be close to getting fixed. Dracula68

Are we talking a few days close or a few weeks close?

DarkJeremy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#169 DarkJeremy26
Member since 2008 • 1376 Posts

I cant see any Topics I create on gamespot.com this Bug just hit me today January 17th which is today. I dont know what happened my topics were showing up fine 2 days ago. I hope it gets worked out.

choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]I *think* this may be close to getting fixed. Heroldp813

Are we talking a few days close or a few weeks close?

Based on the time it's already taken, most likely months
jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
I was in the GW forum, and there it doesn't say how many posts people have under their name, it just says their name. Is that a glitch or something else. It also highlights everyone's names in blue
korpdawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 korpdawg
Member since 2003 • 1018 Posts
The same thing happened to me again. Had to post to see the other posts.
Avatar image for NoteYouMustBeAt
NoteYouMustBeAt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 NoteYouMustBeAt
Member since 2007 • 771 Posts
Wow it's been like a year already :|
molitorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#174 molitorious
Member since 2005 • 259 Posts
:( I wish they'd fix this already.
Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#175 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
In some topics on the shared boards I can't see any posts aside from the original - whether I've posted in the topic myself or not.
BadassZetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 BadassZetta
Member since 2009 • 557 Posts
In some topics on the shared boards I can't see any posts aside from the original - whether I've posted in the topic myself or not.Bane_v2
That's caused by some other GameSpot user viewing the topic before you did. Common misconception is that someone from GameSpot has to actually post to trigger the bug.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Dracula68
Wow it's been like a year already :|NoteYouMustBeAt
Um the Wide forums have not been around a year :? Sorry but please read ALL posts before jumping to conclusions in any threads you visit.
freakalator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 freakalator
Member since 2008 • 588 Posts
This sucks =(
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
I am grateful that at the bottom of each game specific forum is a link to the GameFAQ version. It's just annoying having to have the same forum open in two windows - one to view replies, the other to post in. I don't know any of the technical side to what might cause it, but it seems to be taking longer to see replies in GameSpot. I don't know if I'm remembering back to the pre-Wide days, but if you waited 30-60 mins, sometimes these invisible posts would begin to appear in GameSpot without any workarounds. But now even waiting that long they don't seem to work :( Let's hope Drac was right and this could be fixed (again) soon :)
viper1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 viper1991
Member since 2005 • 372 Posts
I've been wondering why some threads say they have more posts than they actually do...
Avatar image for Scott_Malkinson
Scott_Malkinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#181 Scott_Malkinson
Member since 2008 • 2604 Posts
Why is this problem not fixed yet? It's been awhile, and since it happened at least once before, Gamespot should already know how to fix it. Do they want to lose members to GameFAQs? I am starting to consider making the jump to GF myself. Why would I want to stay here when I can join GameFAQs and see up-to-date messages on the exact same boards without any problems?
_Brennan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#182 _Brennan_
Member since 2008 • 3241 Posts
I've noticed that on the shared boards, you can sometimes see posts made by Gamefaqs users, and you can ALWAYS see posts made by other Gamespot users. The only way to "refresh" a page sometimes is to post in a thread. Most of the time (95% if I had to guess), you CAN'T see posts in the threads without posting yourself....This is ridiculous. I hope it gets fixed soon, because I prefer to use Gamespot much moreso than Gamefaqs.
_Brennan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 _Brennan_
GFAQs needs to update their own forums. Until then, this problem will persist.dlind70
Gamefaqs shouldn't change a thing. Their forums aren't the problem, it's Gamespot's....
BadassZetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 BadassZetta
Member since 2009 • 557 Posts
One quick rumor to address before diving into the mailbag. Word spread pretty quickly that I told a user in a feedback form that we were looking into a redesign for GameFAQs for 2009. Rather than just ignore the rumor, I figured I would go ahead and confirm it. This is definitely down the road and will be very thoroughly tested well before it goes live, so it's nothing to really dwell on yet. But in case you heard about it and wondered if it's true, there you go. Now onto the mail.SBAllen
Apparently GameFAQs is going to end up changing stuff around pretty soon.
_Brennan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 _Brennan_
[quote="SBAllen"]One quick rumor to address before diving into the mailbag. Word spread pretty quickly that I told a user in a feedback form that we were looking into a redesign for GameFAQs for 2009. Rather than just ignore the rumor, I figured I would go ahead and confirm it. This is definitely down the road and will be very thoroughly tested well before it goes live, so it's nothing to really dwell on yet. But in case you heard about it and wondered if it's true, there you go. Now onto the mail.BadassZetta
Apparently GameFAQs is going to end up changing stuff around pretty soon.

I don't understand why though? Everything is fine the way it is over there. The last thing they need is for their forums to be screwed up like GameSpot's.....