BUG: emblem count is low, emblems are missing from full list

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
gmax here, hijacking the thread so that I can clarify the topic title and pin the thread. Basically, the emblem count on the /achievements/gamespot profile page is too low, and several emblems are obviously being omitted from the full list. This thread fell far off the first page but the issue still exists and users continue asking about it elsewhere, hence the resurrection and pin. Note that Lark says the issue has already been reported. The original post:

Topic: Wierd Emblem problem

When I go to view emblems/achievements, it shows 16 emblems. When I click GameSpot, it shows 12. WTF?

The-Apostle
The-Apostle here. Something gmax said gave me the idea that we should have which emblems are affected on this post. They are: Registered User - whichever service you have you're signed up for. I'm on Total Access. Fuse Member Popularity - How many friends you have And I'll Form the Head This issue is distinct from the long-standing behavior of the emblems that disappear and reappear as part of the nightly cycle.

NarutoFever1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 NarutoFever1
Member since 2008 • 19322 Posts

Same here.

Thirteen but it only shows nine.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Switching over to the new emblem format did not alleviate the old problem of emblems periodically disappearing.

You still have earned them, and they usually return to your display in 24 hours or less.

It is an old glitch that is still occurring from time to time - not a new one.

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
I've noticed this also, and I think it's actually something else that's started recently. (Although it's true that there are still nightly cycles for some types of emblems; I don't expect that will ever change.) I think the counts on the /achievements pages might be correct, but the counts on the /achievements/gamespot pages are definitely wrong. I *think* the counts that are wrong are omitting the emblems that are in the "reserved" first few spots of the 10 that show under avatars in profiles - so that would be account type emblems, the Fuse "F" emblem, the popularity emblems, and possibly a few others I haven't noticed yet. The emblems that are omitted from the count are also evidently omitted from the listing. This is kind of a drag, because it means the long listing of the emblems is incomplete. I tend to think this is a bug, but it's hard to say what is or isn't intended at this point. I'm fairly sure this is more collateral damage from Fuse.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The-Apostle
Yeah, I'm not seeing the first four emblems (subscription, convivial, etc...). Also, I just noticed when I click it, it says The_Apostle's "FOO" achievements. NarutoFever1 has this too.
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Same thing is happening to me, but with my Gamespot emblems.

I used to have 10 now it only shows 8 of them......??????

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts
I'm fairly sure this is more collateral damage from Fuse.gmax
I wouldn't say it was damage, per se, but it did start following the recent code push to Fuse.
Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts
Same here.. On the main emblems page it says i have 34 emblems, which is the correct count. But when i click on gamespot, it says 30, and 4 emblems are missing from the list.. They do appear below the avatar, though..
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Is this going to get fixed? :(
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The-Apostle
Is this going to get fixed? :(harry_james_pot
I hope it is soon.
larkanderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#11 larkanderson
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts
Just noticed this. It is a bug and I've reported it. Thanks!
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The-Apostle
Thanks. I got the latest two emblems (Reader's Choice) and they show up fine but the problem persists.
wheezal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wheezal
Member since 2004 • 3066 Posts

i have the same problem, it shows i have 14 GS emblems, but when i click the link only 10 show up. been this way for about 2 months so i figured it was just the way it was.

also many of my game emblems are linked to the correct game, but the pictures have changed to other games, which is really weird. Raptr is fine, so i can only guess it's a Fuse syncing issue. and still haven't gotten Reader's choice awards even tho i voted in every category.

so...that's it. wait, the pizza guy delivered the wrong toppings on my pizza, i'mma just gunna blame ya'll for that too! :)

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gmax  Moderator
Since this issue still exists and is still getting reported by users I went ahead and pinned the thread and updated the first post.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The-Apostle

Since this issue still exists and is still getting reported by users I went ahead and pinned the thread and updated the first post.gmax

Hopefully it gets fixed soon. Thanks for the sticky. :D

EDIT: This is my first (I think) sticky btw...

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts
[QUOTE="topsemag55"]

Switching over to the new emblem format did not alleviate the old problem of emblems periodically disappearing.

You still have earned them, and they usually return to your display in 24 hours or less.

Avatar image for jediknight52501
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 jediknight52501
Member since 2005 • 69715 Posts
[QUOTE="topsemag55"]

horgen123
it is a glitch that shows that you have them on the main page, but as soon as you go to look at all your Gamespot Achievements, there are ones missing, i have 35 on the main page, but as soon i as i go to look at them all, i only have 31.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="topsemag55"]

horgen123

This glitch is totally different from that one. You don't lose emblems per se. It's just that four emblems stop appearing on your profile under the list of GameSpot emblems. They remain on the emblems list under your username though.

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gmax  Moderator
Yes - to be clear - this is *not* related to the emblems that disappear and reappear as part of the nightly cycle. It is very easy to verify, for example, that your "registered member" emblem does not appear in the full list, and the emblem count on the full list does not include it. The other emblems that seem to be involved are generally Fuse-related or have "reserved" locations among the first few of the 10 emblems that appear in the left column of the page under your avatar. (E.g., the popularity emblems.) Different users will have different numbers of these emblems that occupy reserved locations, so the numerical errors in emblem counts will vary slightly from one user to another.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="gmax"]Yes - to be clear - this is *not* related to the emblems that disappear and reappear as part of the nightly cycle. It is very easy to verify, for example, that your "registered member" emblem does not appear in the full list, and the emblem count on the full list does not include it. The other emblems that seem to be involved are generally Fuse-related or have "reserved" locations among the first few of the 10 emblems that appear in the left column of the page under your avatar. (E.g., the popularity emblems.) Different users will have different numbers of these emblems that occupy reserved locations, so the numerical errors in emblem counts will vary slightly from one user to another.

I took the liberty of updating the original post with which emblems are affected. Feel free to edit it to make it look better if you wish.
gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gmax  Moderator
Hmm... Ok. Please don't do that again though. Your use of the wysiwyg editor introduced improperly nested html tags. I'll clean that up once. I'm also going to take off the "updated" part because it might get users' hopes up. "Updated" will be reserved for something more serious, like the actual nature of the error changing, or staff giving us some useful information. Anyway, the issue with the account "type" emblems also affects the moderator badge, moderator monsters, and the staff G. I'm not sure if there are other emblems that are affected.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="gmax"]Hmm... Ok. Please don't do that again though. Your use of the wysiwyg editor introduced improperly nested html tags. I'll clean that up once. I'm also going to take off the "updated" part because it might get users' hopes up. "Updated" will be reserved for something more serious, like the actual nature of the error changing, or staff giving us some useful information. Anyway, the issue with the account "type" emblems also affects the moderator badge, moderator monsters, and the staff G. I'm not sure if there are other emblems that are affected.

Sorry about screwing up the post with the tags. I was trying to help. Could you possibly add the rest of the emblems that are you know affected? I just think that if we had a list of which ones are affected in the OP, it might be helpful.
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 harry_james_pot  Moderator
For me, the affected emblems are the first 4, which are: Registered Member, Fuse Member, Popular, And I`ll Form The Head.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#25 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
Yes, I appearantly have 20 emblems but I only ever see about 15.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The-Apostle

Yes, I appearantly have 20 emblems but I only ever see about 15. Cloud_765

You have FIVE missing? I thought it was only four.

EDIT: Yeah, when I viewed your profile, I saw 20 initially. When I viewed just your GS Emblems I saw 16.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#27 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts
I'm just missing two, but I never joined fuse, so I'm just missing membership and popular. They show up on my profile home though.
raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

Yeah, I'm still having this problem. I have 17 emblems but it just shows 13. I'm missing the four mentioned in this thread. I'm sure I was meant to have 18 emblems though - I'll have to see what else is missing.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The-Apostle
I was just wondering what, if anything, is being done about this bug. I know that post glitch is a higher priority right now because this one doesn't affect much and that one's annoying, but this one has been around longer.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

I have 18 emblems now showing only 14 :?

Bumblebee1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 3

#31 Bumblebee1138
Member since 2010 • 295 Posts
In the Overall section, it shows I have 14 emblems. But in the full list there are only 10. :? Two of the 4 lost emblems are fuse emblems. ('Fuse Member' and 'And I'll form the head') The wierd thing is that it is shown in the achivements section of my Profile home but not in full list.
progamemania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 progamemania
Member since 2005 • 546 Posts

When I open my emblem page it shows that I have 17 emblems, but when I open my GS ahchievments page is shows that I have 13 only. 5 of my emblems ar missing. Need help on what to do!

btw today it shows they are 16 not 17. I am confused

Thanks

SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SQUALL20XX
Member since 2005 • 6063 Posts

Good it has been reported, but why it's taking this long to be fixed?

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#34 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts

SQUALL20XX
Because practically every member has at least two of those, many have all four, and all have at least one. Can you imagine trying to work the coding of every single profile on the site? Or making a fix that has to apply to every single member? There's no small amount of members of this site.
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SQUALL20XX

Because practically every member has at least two of those, many have all four, and all have at least one. Can you imagine trying to work the coding of every single profile on the site? Or making a fix that has to apply to every single member? There's no small amount of members of this site.

mariostar0001

Well this is not accurate, they can't apply a fix for every profile or it may take 20 years to finish, most likely it's a fix for the page coding, and after that everything will be restored to normal.
I don't know how much time this bug need to be fixed, but what I know GS staff is very busy this year, therefore fixes is taking longer time than usual

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="SQUALL20XX"]

mariostar0001

Actually, I believe that they just need to fix one template page and it will fix all profiles across the site.
Razorbak1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 Razorbak1986
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts

I've noticed the same problem on my profile. The "Overall" achievements tab shows that I have 13 Gamespot achievements, but the "Gamespot" schievements tab show that I have 11. :?

http://www.gamespot.com/users/Razorbak1986/achievements

http://www.gamespot.com/users/Razorbak1986/achievements/gamespot

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gmax  Moderator
Another update - of sorts. I don't know when it started happening, but in the last day or so I noticed that both of the pages where you can see what's supposed to be the number of GS emblems a user has are now showing the same number, but in both places they are showing the wrong number. I suppose this means the problem has now gotten worse, technically. The emblems that are not being counted seem to be the same types of emblems mentioned in the first post (account type, etc.), and those same emblems are still being omitted from the long list. So, to recap, the counts on the /achievements and /achievements/gamespot pages are now both wrong, at least as far as I can tell. If not counting certain emblems is part of some new plan, I haven't heard about it yet.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="gmax"]Another update - of sorts. I don't know when it started happening, but in the last day or so I noticed that both of the pages where you can see what's supposed to be the number of GS emblems a user has are now showing the same number, but in both places they are showing the wrong number. I suppose this means the problem has now gotten worse, technically. The emblems that are not being counted seem to be the same types of emblems mentioned in the first post (account type, etc.), and those same emblems are still being omitted from the long list. So, to recap, the counts on the /achievements and /achievements/gamespot pages are now both wrong, at least as far as I can tell. If not counting certain emblems is part of some new plan, I haven't heard about it yet.

Sorry, gmax, but i'm still seeing different numbers on my profile. /achievements still says 18 while /gamespot says 14. Therefore, I'm not sure what you're talking about, and with your profile set to private, I can't see if you're talking about yours. :?
dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dab198
Sorry, gmax, but i'm still seeing different numbers on my profile. /achievements still says 18 while /gamespot says 14. Therefore, I'm not sure what you're talking about, and with your profile set to private, I can't see if you're talking about yours. :?The-Apostle
I'm seeing what gmax describes, even on your profile. 14 on both pages for you.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]Sorry, gmax, but i'm still seeing different numbers on my profile. /achievements still says 18 while /gamespot says 14. Therefore, I'm not sure what you're talking about, and with your profile set to private, I can't see if you're talking about yours. :?dab198
I'm seeing what gmax describes, even on your profile. 14 on both pages for you.

You do? Because on mine and someone else I checked, I saw different numbers.

EDIT: I just checked yours, Dab. My God you got a lot of emblems!! :lol: Anyway, it showed 92 on /achievements and 87 on /gamespot. Why am I not seeing this anomally?

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gmax  Moderator
It might be a caching thing, either in your browser or server-side. I logged out and still saw what I described earlier, so it doesn't look like it's something only mods/admins would see.

SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SQUALL20XX
It might be a caching thing, either in your browser or server-side. I logged out and still saw what I described earlier, so it doesn't look like it's something only mods/admins would see. gmax
It's happening to me too, both now at 77
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The-Apostle

It might be a caching thing, either in your browser or server-side. I logged out and still saw what I described earlier, so it doesn't look like it's something only mods/admins would see.gmax

Then how do I clear my cache on Chrome?

EDIT: Okay, so it still looks the same on the beta. On the normal site, I'm seeing 14 on both. I guess you guys aren't using the beta?

SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SQUALL20XX
Even with the beta it's still not fixed :x
dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dab198

I guess you guys aren't using the beta?

The-Apostle

Like the beta homepage says, it's not an uptodate version of the site. Fixes are not going to be applied there straight away; the beta is only for testing the new navigation.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] I guess you guys aren't using the beta?

dab198

Like the beta homepage says, it's not an uptodate version of the site. Fixes are not going to be applied there straight away; the beta is only for testing the new navigation.

Yeah, well, I use it because I like the look. :D Too bad it has more bugs than Hulk Hogan has brain cells left in his head. >_>
Spire88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Spire88
Member since 2006 • 4502 Posts
im missing at least 4 or 5 i cant remember which ones but i know its none of the 4 in the first post. the only one i can remember missing is the one that has the geisha in it, as well as others. when can i see them again?
gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gmax  Moderator
[QUOTE="Spire88"]im missing at least 4 or 5 i cant remember which ones but i know its none of the 4 in the first post. the only one i can remember missing is the one that has the geisha in it, as well as others. when can i see them again?

If your issue isn't the one described in the first post of this thread, then this thread isn't really the right place to ask about it. You could give the general emblem reporting thread a shot, but that said, you'll likely need a fair bit more detail and supporting information than what you've indicated.

tmaclabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 tmaclabi
Member since 2006 • 17109 Posts

Four of my emblems are not appearing whenever i try to view them all and they are the ones shown in the first post. Hope we can fix this soon, thank you very much :)