Automatic logout after 10 to 20 days

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ulillillia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 ulillillia
Member since 2006 • 685 Posts
For some odd reason, while I was typing a post in the computer hardware forum, I got logged out, even though the post message was loaded just fine so somehow, I got logged out while I was merely typing my message and when I clicked the "submit" button as one normally does, I get the notice saying of the various registration types on Gamespot (Total Access, Plus, and Free) instead of the post actually sending and I click back thinking something screwy happened. I resubmit the thread but it nothing, and when I returned to the original message board and clicked "new message', I got the same notice of the various registration types instead. I saw at the top that, instead of my display name and level, I had the E-mail and password input fields replacing it meaning I was logged out.

This seems like a bug as it was working just fine and I mysteriously got logged out right when typing a message (like I am now) even though I never bothered to click "log out" when in the middle of a message (which would cause a new page to load, unlike while typing a message). I had this happen once before as well and I find this very annoying. It seems to occur once every 10 to 20 days.

Edit:  It happened sometime between 6:25 and 6:35 AM Central Time for me.
dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts
I think the cookie is set to expire automatically after 14 days.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
I think the cookie is set to expire automatically after 14 days.dab198
Bingo.