Flyin3lvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Flyin3lvl
Member since 2013 • 3173 Posts

anything going to be done for the sex ads popping up in the comments section? and the other scam for clearing dept by working online

gotrekfabian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By gotrekfabian
Member since 2006 • 6463 Posts

I've been reporting these spammers every time I see them but it ended up in me being negatively affected to the point that my site karma became negative and, in turn, being unable to post a comment on site at all. (Thanks OldDadGamer and Byshop for sorting this)

I've had to refrain from reporting/flagging the spam for now but it is a really big problem. GS needs to ban IP addresses rather than just users if possible, there are plenty of kids who use the site and this is the last thing we should be letting them see.

joshuamobleygs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By joshuamobleygs
Member since 2019 • 240 Posts

Hey all,

We have a team of moderators who are always on the lookout for stuff like this, we also have automated systems that track down delete this sort of stuff, but a few things are always likely to get through. We have limits in place for reporting and downvoting and such because we don't want them to be abused by bots or new accounts. That being said, you should continue to flag any spam or inappropriate links so that the moderators and staff can take care of them. If you're worried about getting suspended automatically through no fault of your own, you can always ping me or another moderator directly either in the comments section or through my DM's, and we'll handle it ASAP.