(About Me) pages broken on all profiles ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Just-Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Just-Adam
Member since 2009 • 597 Posts

Whether I'm trying to view the About Me page of some new user who started tracking me or if I'm just trying to view my OWN About Me page ... the page is broken .. as in , most of the page loads normally but their username , avatar , whole about me section and other parts don't load ..

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

I see yours fine here.

Just-Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Just-Adam

Ok , when I clicked through the link , it opened normally .. then I clicked on About Me from my profile and this is what I get :

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

If you're using a URL that contains /self/, that will always show your info. If you're getting a /self/ link on another user's profile, then that's not right.

Just-Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Just-Adam

If you're using a URL that contains /self/, that will always show your info. If you're getting a /self/ link on another user's profile, then that's not right.

dab198

Ok , here's the URL I got after clicking on my friend's about me page : [ http://www.gamespot.com/users/Uesugi-dono/about_me ]

Still gave me the same screen . Also , I tried clicking on Drac's link above and it gave me the same broken page again after it had worked the first time .

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

I wonder if it's related to the darkness 2 advert you're seeing. (Just purely guessing here, since you won't always see that same advert).

About me's are all fine for me (and they certainly aren't appearing quite as broken as your screenshot), and as Drac and I don't see ads, that might be the cause.

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
Is that a recent Firefox, or an older one? I've seen those collapsed divs before on lots of other GS pages, but mostly in a much older browser, and I was never able to nail down why; sometimes reloads would fix the page, sometimes they wouldn't. I also wondered if various ads or external javascript on the page were at fault, but I could never find a deterministic culprit. At the moment I can see the page mentioned in the ancient browser and it looks ok, but I don't have the ads. I'll try in a second while logged out (so I get ads) and if I see something I'll amend this post.