A List of Enhancements: So Your Ideas Aren't Forgotten (under construction)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#151 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

[QUOTE="Cyrax-Sektor"][QUOTE="zeus_gb"]The best feature for anyone would be the ability to add games to the site.zeus_gb

What if people added fake games?

I would assume that the games added would have to be approved by the Gamespot staff or by volunteers.

you can already report missing games to gamespot and they will add them if they're not present or whatever...you can also do that on gamefaqs (read this and then you can submit the data here - you can use your GS account email&password on GFAQs to do this as you get an account on all sister sites when you make one on one of them such as GS) which will also have the same effect in the end as they're shared (if they're on GFAQs and not on GS then you can use the missing games thread to get the page live on GS as well)
tekmet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152 tekmet
Member since 2005 • 2799 Posts

I know this isn`t much, but could you please give us a link to the board/post/forum where our moderated messages are?

I`ve got my first moderated message, and i want to check the board to understand what happened, but after going through my post history and all my tracked games and other stuff like that, i couldn`t find it :)

On another note: Give an union a chance to change or at least understant what it`s doing wrong before you delete it :)

_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I would like to see in the reviews of the games, where it says "difficulty, learning curve, etc" an item like "playing time". I know there are many games where the playing time is very variable but I would like to have an idea about how long will I take to beat a certain game. The playing time is now mentioned in some reviews, so I guess it's something the gamespot reviewers think it's worth to mention.

Tnx and sorry for my english

hanagata2k

Your English is fine, and you could always just ask in the forum how long it took people to beat the game

It would be neat if your profile listed the developer you like the most based on your game collection.AuthenticM

It would be interesting, but people might complain saying that it's completely not true, and want it off their profile

_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 _Sam_

I know this isn`t much, but could you please give us a link to the board/post/forum where our moderated messages are?

I`ve got my first moderated message, and i want to check the board to understand what happened, but after going through my post history and all my tracked games and other stuff like that, i couldn`t find it :)

On another note: Give an union a chance to change or at least understant what it`s doing wrong before you delete it :)

tekmet

Moderation History
Ask the mods (if you have questions on your moderation)

Currently, the purge system is glitched, but you do have 60 days to get the union active again before it's deleted

tekmet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 tekmet
Member since 2005 • 2799 Posts

Thanks for the reply... but how do i get the union active again when it says it`s deleted, and considering that the link they`ve provided me with to restore the union leads to the union creation page...

And i think you didn`t understant what i said about the moderation history :) maybe my english isn`t that good.... Anyway, i want to be able to go directly to the board (topic) where the deleted message was posted...  to check the context, and stuff like that. In this case, to see if anybody actually had a problem with what i said, or if it was just some guy that bugs me for a while now :)

jack_jacob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 jack_jacob
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

hi, my idea is to show (in the Tech info at least) what games are compatible with the bluetooth headset for the PS3 because alot of cool games are not, like call of duty 3

jack_jacob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 jack_jacob
in forums, cant one topic appear in more than one game. e.g. i wanted to post a forum "Heat vs. Hie$t" and i want it to appear under both games and if you enter any comment it would appear in both so fan boys can get more into it.
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts
This is more a reference then a place to put down ideas. If you have an idea create a thread for it on the Site Enhancements & Feedback forum itself.
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f3a1e8420
deactivated-6016f3a1e8420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 deactivated-6016f3a1e8420
Member since 2005 • 112042 Posts
The union percentage hasn't increased in any union since mid Jan... I hope that problem is fixed
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 icytower

The union percentage hasn't increased in any union since mid Jan... I hope that problem is fixedUltraZero

Earliest you might see a fix is not until unions v2 is released sometime later this year. That being said, union levels have been discused as being droped completely once unions v2 is released.

_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 _Sam_
I'll do a big update as soon as I can. sorry for the delay. It's hard staying active in this forum, tech support, other forums on gamespot and have a life outside of gamespot
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 _Sam_
This thread will have a HUGE overhaul in a little less than a month.... I don't like that there are just links here (and because of that, I'm seeing a lot of people bumping these threads) I also want to make the thread better so administrators will really look at it
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#163 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
When are the new unions supposed to come out?
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 icytower

When are the new unions supposed to come out?X360PS3AMD05

DO NOT expect anything before E3 (Mid July), that is the official word from CraigB. Just keep an eye on that thread for anything and everything to do with unions v2.

_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 _Sam_
by the 30th of this month, this thread will get a MAJOR redesign!
smbius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

User Lists: 1

#166 smbius
Member since 2002 • 1610 Posts

How about if Gamespot can deploy XML or RSS versions of Game Collections?

kappareign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 kappareign
Member since 2007 • 2413 Posts

i have no idea what new features will be coming in the big unions update, but i would like to suggest something. i think if a member of a union does not post or log-in within a year(?) of their last post (or join date, if theyve never posted), they should be automatically resigned from that union.

i am a regular poster in a union with over 2500 members, but in that union i only ever see about 50 other regulars posters. and im sure its not just that union. i think a lot of newbies join a union or people get new accounts, and then never resign their membership when they stop using gamespot, so there just becomes hundreds of dead accounts in the members list. if they were automatically removed, i believe it would give a more accurate portrayal of how big and active unions really are.

chriswolves1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 chriswolves1
Member since 2004 • 211 Posts
I looked through your list at the beginning and didn't see it. So here goes...They should change how the lists of games shows up. Listthem alphabetically by the games that are currently out first, then alphabetically by games that have future release dates. Or at least have the option to filter it by games that already released. Right now for instance, I search for PS3 games, and it says browse the 294 games. Well I have to page through each letter in the alphabetto see which games are even out for it. I'd rather be able to see the games I can get now in the stores alphabetically, then have a separate link for games in the making.
Jin_sonic0606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#169 Jin_sonic0606
Member since 2007 • 2710 Posts
how about a song player in profiles like in myspace? that'll be cool!
Versus_XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Versus_XIII
Member since 2006 • 1250 Posts
Could there be a Wii friend code added to the profile? I'm asking since there's a PS3 and Xbox but why not a Wii.
RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
how about a song player in profiles like in myspace? that'll be cool!Jin_sonic0606
please, no >__> pages would take longer to load and you'd get music when you dnt want it alot of the time if ppl could add music to their profiles...i doubt GS will do it anyway, but if they do it needs to, at the very least, be turned off intially, so that the person viewing the page has to press play for the music to start...
Could there be a Wii friend code added to the profile? I'm asking since there's a PS3 and Xbox but why not a Wii.Versus_XIII
that's a good point, and having a look through the topics it seems another person has asked the same thing here, although noone actually responded to it...probably because alot of us kinda expect GS to add a Wii friend code one seen as they added the PSN ID to the already present 360 gamercard one...
Bruman91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Bruman91
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I'd like to remove games from "my games" list. Don't know if it's already possible as it should be :D

-newb

Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Unforgiven2870
Member since 2004 • 6386 Posts
I have an idea about SW.Since thats where the craziest stuff happens.I think a limit should be set before people start posting in there.I know there's a thread about the rules but mabey people under level 12 shoulden't be able to post untill they hit level 13 or something like that?Would this be a good idea?
mp40_Furth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#174 mp40_Furth

How about if Gamespot can deploy XML or RSS versions of Game Collections?

smbius
yeah sure that work
Empi3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Empi3
Member since 2005 • 4101 Posts

We want to addYou tube videos to the posts!!!! or at least GS videos...

venomgxt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 venomgxt
Member since 2004 • 1308 Posts
Gamespot needs a a reputation system so that posters to see who are Great at posting and who sucks at posting.(perfect for system wars) A reputation bar can be seen under the avatar and poster can add positive points or negative points to your reputation. EX: see Nodqforums.com
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 _Sam_
I'm going to be working on redesigning this thread, please don't submit any more ideas here for now
Mehfuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 1

#178 Mehfuz
Member since 2005 • 10290 Posts

We want to addYou tube videos to the posts!!!! or at least GS videos...

Empi3

adding you tube will be cool and i think you can add GS video to posts/blogs

_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 _Sam_
sorry for the delay. For some reason, I can't edit this thread. I'm trying to get an administrator to help fix this problem
Andrew0987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Andrew0987
Member since 2004 • 7491 Posts
change the name of "PC hardware discussion" to "PC hardware/software discussion". People tend to use it as a software discussion board anyway, so why not make the name a little less misleading?
Jin_sonic0606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Jin_sonic0606
Member since 2007 • 2710 Posts

I got 2 ideas:

1. you could costumize the blank right and left sides of your profiles.

2. A theme song for Gamespot!

grey79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 grey79
Member since 2004 • 217 Posts

I have an "enhancement": "If its not broke, dont fix it" = the basis of development. More and more bugs are appearing on this site; very annoying. They also take forever to get fixed...

AndwhydowhitespacesSTILLdissapear when you write text on a new line? Been a problem for months now...

Lazy.Programmers

[edit]

ok,onlyhalfthewhitespaceswentmissing,prettywierd...

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
I still dislike the "rate a post" thing. It's horrible. Why do you make other people dictate what I wanna read? I wanna read everything, and not just the stuff that other people doesn't like. Horrible I say, absolutely horrible.
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 _Sam_
I can not edit this thread! (thanks again Teivan) There won't be links to threads anymore. Too many people bumped old threads. Instead I'm going to write a description of the idea, and keep track of who submitted this? This thread is for all of you guys, so please tell me if you support this change, or if you don't like it
Chickensoup911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Chickensoup911
Member since 2007 • 669 Posts
I think that there should be a wider choice of game genres. For example, if you click on PS2, then, all games, then click on the genre selection thing. There should be stuff like 'horror' or 'survival horror' and stuff like that, so it's easier to find games. I mainly think we need a 'horror' under the genre selection.
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
You never added my font option thing from ages ago :( that idea owns
serbsta69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 serbsta69
Member since 2006 • 19209 Posts
Just so you guys know today i started work on a MASSIVE profject, its called Gamespot Profiles : Version 2. Its going to be similar to Sentinelrv's Unions update but ofcourse this will be for Profiles, ive just blogged the Introduction right now, wish me luck.
399M4N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 399M4N
Member since 2004 • 231 Posts
Unlike most of the users on Gamespot I can't get broadband and it takes forever to look up the simplest thing. I'm talking15 to 18 min. per page. There's no high speedwithin 20 miles of my home and the phone company said they have no intention of doing any thing about it. Can't you set an option to turn off all thevideo and picture sigs when in the forums?Sometimes I think Gamespothates us dile up users. And just in case you wondering my usual top speed is 7.4 kbs the only reason I even able to post this is cuzI'm using acomputer at the collage up the road.
Avatar image for playstation_wii
playstation_wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 playstation_wii
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

At the end of the video reviews, the GameSpot score should be at the end. I was watching the Mario Strikers review by Alex, and I didn't even know the score on it. I know it's to the right of the player, but people can miss it since it moves, and I usually put my videos on full screen, so I wouldn't be able to see it anyways.

Another improvement on the site is that it needs to accept Discover Cards as an option for upgrading your account. I'm a Discover card user myself, and I really want to be a GameSpot Total-Acess Subscriber, and I'm sure thousands of other Discover card users wold like this too, but we can't because of this.

rene9ade520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 rene9ade520
Member since 2005 • 54 Posts

I don't know if this would be the right forum to post about this, but I have recently noticed the new change in the rating system. The trating system was one of my most favorite features of this website. The traditional way allowed me to rate games to the first decimal from one to ten, but now, I am only allowed to rate in increments of five for that first decimal. I now it is such a small thing to complain about, but it really has made my stay here less enjoyabe. If I wanted to rate a game 8.3, I would have to either round up or down to either 8.5 or 8.0.. Five points makes a huge difference in how good or bad a game is...I think it is not just less accurate, but it seems silly that it should work great before and now does not with the upgrade. Well, I hope this comment is heard. Thanks for your time GS. Peace.

-Masterchef-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 -Masterchef-
Member since 2007 • 10244 Posts
how about a song player in profiles like in myspace? that'll be cool!Jin_sonic0606

I would like that.
shandrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 shandrill
Member since 2006 • 31 Posts

I can not edit this thread! (thanks again Teivan) There won't be links to threads anymore. Too many people bumped old threads. Instead I'm going to write a description of the idea, and keep track of who submitted this? This thread is for all of you guys, so please tell me if you support this change, or if you don't like it_Sam_

I think that is a good idea, there has to be an easier way for you to update/ moderate this thread *sigh*

It maybe easier for you to have a post at the start of the thread in list form of all of the enhancements and ideas that have been suggested and who they were suggested by. That way GS admin can just go to that one post and pick and choose which they like or could implement to the site. No need for links to the posts just copy past and edit that first posts.

It is also a dam shame there is no way to vote on the enhancements we like the best then GS could pick the highest voted for to implement. But the size of the poll would be need to be HUdgE:D .

Tessa.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
anyone else think it's about time we set up an official thread (or just designate a current one as an official thread) to prevent all these rating system threads?...i know a hell of alot ppl are against the new system and are still continuing to fight against it, and that's fine, but we really don't need loads of threads all over the board for it, one is sufficient...it pushes down all the other topics otherwse...:?
meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#194 meischris39
Member since 2004 • 5432 Posts

Hey guys i love what you've done here its a real good way for users and admins to quickly see what could be happening in the future. I was wondering if you could look over my idea for a new enhancement found Here and maybe post some feedback about improvements or other general queries, and if you like it could you post it on this thread please.

Thanks alot.

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#195 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts
Well, me personally (Maybe Others) want to be able to permently change the Font without repeatedly changing it everytime we post, It would be really cool if you guys did that!
donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#196 donwoogie
Member since 2004 • 3707 Posts

Can you maybe note something down that differentiates between updates to the US PSN and the EU PSN please?

For example, last week I read a news reprt from a tracked game that Tekken DR online was available so I plugged in my SP3 to the net, logged in and had my dreams dashed because that was only for the US store...............

Point is, it doesn't say anywhere in the news report whether those updates are for US only, or US and EU.

Taintzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Taintzone
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

I would greatly appreciate a small addition to the summary page of each game, which would basically contain the same information as the back of the retail package of each game: Game Play Modes. I would love to see at a glance the different mode options, like single player only, or split screen multi-player 1 - 4, and on-line multi-player 1 - 16, for example. In the case of split screen multi-player, I would also really like to know if there is an option to split the screen vertically, rather than horizontally. If I were considering two similar games, and one game offered a vertical split screen multi-player mode, I would be all over it for use on my wide screen TV.

That being said, I have been a member for 5 years, and have been coming Gamespot since the late 90's, and this is the only suggestion that I have had for improvement in that whole time. Keep up the good work!

***EDIT: So I found some of this information under the 'Game Details' button, but I think it needs to be a little more robust. For example, Far Cry Instincts Predator lists online competitive multi-player, but it says nothing of split screen. I think it should say Split Screen Competitive 1 - 4, Online Competitive 1 - 16. For other games, it should say Split Screen Cooperative 1 - 2, or Online Cooperative 1 - 4, or whatever the case may be. I don't mind seeing this info under the 'Game Detail' button as opposed to the Summary page, but I think it needs to be fleshed out a little.***

ff7fan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 ff7fan2
Member since 2006 • 31413 Posts
Well, me personally (Maybe Others) want to be able to permently change the Font without repeatedly changing it everytime we post, It would be really cool if you guys did that!CWEBB04z
It's been suggested before, and I support it every time I see it...typing out the font code gets tedious. >__>
saintsfan36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 saintsfan36
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I just recently noticed that I had a message. I clicked on the little link and apparently the message was sent to me from Gamespot back in April. I was given a warning for some alleged violation of the ToS. I can't remember ever posting on this forum (not saying that I haven't, I just don't remember doing so).

So, my suggestion for an enhancement would be, when passing out warnings and/or punishment, it would be rather useful to provide a link and/or evidence of the alleged violation. I have no idea what I am being warned about and would like to know what the actual incident involves.

mattyomo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 mattyomo99
Member since 2005 • 3915 Posts
Make a Retro Games Forum where we can talk about the classics on the atari 2600, and the nes, and the ps1, and the Sega G, and tetris, and pacman,and the game that started it all pong... i think that would be cool