Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

What the hell (pun intended) is this?

I'm getting some local preachers youtube videos, full preaches, as ads on start of videos. Yeah, sure, anyone can advertise and all, but really? 1 hour long religious preaches as an ad by some random dude? What? Why? This is somewhat disturbing.

These videos play as "ads" on my videos:

LINK

Channel's name "maallikko saarnaaja" means "lay preacher".

EDIT: Those are not any kind of extremist speeches by any means, but still i find it somewhat disturbing to see that stuff on entertainment/gaming site. Especially when not being religious myself.

gotrekfabian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#2 gotrekfabian
Member since 2006 • 6463 Posts

@deactivated-5bda06edf37ee I've had the same thing happen to me today and a few times previously as well. Today it was a 14 minute YT vid about DIY Studio lighting. I've also seen an hour long vid of someone streaming a game and an IGN podcast all posing as adverts. Very strange.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I had this weird religious ad promoting that muslim religion on me. I don’t know why they’d target me for such nonsense as I mostly watch music, gaming, and right wing pundits on youtube - nothing religious.

angerawr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#4 angerawr
Member since 2016 • 220 Posts

@gotrekfabian@Sevenizz where are you seeing these ads? Is there a link to the video you saw these on or pages?

gotrekfabian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#5  Edited By gotrekfabian
Member since 2006 • 6463 Posts

@angerawr: There is no link embedded but it gives you the exact title of the video in the top left corner which is how I knew what it was and thus give you the link to the YT vid (after googling it) when I DM'd you.

EDIT: Apologies, it was staff member Roshby whom I DM'd at his request.

angerawr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6 angerawr
Member since 2016 • 220 Posts

@gotrekfabian Great! I'm sure he is on top of it, in the future would be really helpful to include the URL so we can get to it immediately!