What are the rules for starting a topic on the political forum?

Maxpowers_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Maxpowers_32
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

Are you only allowed to have one threat about a specific issue at a time? For example, if someone else started a threat about the fact that Covid may have started in a lab does that mean anything talking about that must be put into that thread?

So if I wanted to ask about something related to that topic, but not at all close to what people were discussing on the existing thread do I still need to post it in that thread?

As another example, if there is a thread about Biden's tax plan already can I ask a more specific question about part of the tax plan that has nothing to do with what people are discussing or do I have to ask it in the existing tax post?

I found it rather odd that I asked a question and instead of getting an answer the topic was locked and one of the responses was "why are you allowed to ask questions".

Is the politics forum only allowed for people who think a certain way and ask questions that are preapproved? If so is there someone at Gamespot who decided what people may ask or not ask? Can I see a link to the list of approved viewpoints on issues so I can know I'm allowed to think? Am I allowed to say 2+2=4?

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

@Maxpowers_32

They should be listed here. However, in that board we just try to disagree without being disagreeable. As long as you keep courtesy in mind, and are inclusive of multiple sides of an issue, you should be fine. If you feel that there are mods unfairly picking on you, please reach out to support@gamespot.com