Question, how old is a Thread do you consider to be old?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

This is one of these thing that I never understood and I'll try to ask these questions as best as I can.

1. What day/month is a Thread is old?

2. Is it really necessary to punish a user just because he/she was replying a simple comment and later, it get's lock and I see a Mod leaving a note that there is a punishment for doing so.

3. To me, making a new thread feels like a waste of resource when someone already made the same topic and all the answers/comments have already been posted.

These are the things I just want to make sure were on the same page and thanks for your time.

JP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JP_
Member since 2007 • 12875 Posts

Hi @davillain-

2 months since last Post in thread

JP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JP_

@thehig1: Hi there,

Please read Ask the Mods Important things to know

5) Only a member of the moderation staff and the topic creator can reply to a topic. This is done to ensure that any answer given to a topic is as accurate as possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

@jp_ said:

Hi @davillain-

Agreed, 2 months.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator

@klunt_bumskrint said:

@jp_ said:

Hi @davillain-

Agreed, 2 months.

Okay thanks for the answers. Another question, is it okay to make another similar thread despite it was already done?

EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts

On the more active boards we tend to consider a thread whose most recent post was over a week ago to be too old to be bumped.

If a similar thread already exists, then generally use that one unless you want to talk about something specific that you feel warrants its own thread. If you think it's been dead for too long though then go ahead and make a new thread.

solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

@EJ902 said:

On the more active boards we tend to consider a thread whose most recent post was over a week ago to be too old to be bumped.

If a similar thread already exists, then generally use that one unless you want to talk about something specific that you feel warrants its own thread. If you think it's been dead for too long though then go ahead and make a new thread.

Agreed, depending on the board your visiting, this time frame may be different. It's best to read the stickied threads at each board to see if there are rules specific to that board.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator

@solidruss said:

@EJ902 said:

Agreed, depending on the board your visiting, this time frame may be different. It's best to read the stickied threads at each board to see if there are rules specific to that board.

Okay thanks for the best answers guys. This whole thread was the answers I was looking for so with that said, feel free to lock it. I have what I needed.

JP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JP_

Glad we could assist you

Thanks for using Ask the Mods