Mods, why am I being Edited Out? I am not a troll.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

Please note following Gamespot forum incidents and the disproportionate amount of editing/censoring levied against my forums account lately by moderators.

1.) I have made a comment on the Paul McCartney/Destiny holocron laughing at console games. IT GOT TAKEN DOWN. Yes. I did do that. It got taken down by a mod. It wasn't even mean-spirited and Destiny paying Paul McCartney for a holocron NEEDED to be laughed at. I mean, don't these people watch the Daily Show?

2.) Back in 2012 when visiting with some friends in Cali I think I made a somewhat mean-spirited comment and got warned about it. Okay. Fine. I had a couple drinks in me and normally I am pretty happy with a vodka shot or two but this was one of those rare times....

3.) I made a comment about the GS article on South Park's "Freemium Isn't Free." IT GOT TAKEN DOWN. Again, it wasn't that meanspirited. I just kind of laughed that in the article Gamespot pointed out that "most fremium games are great but..." My exact words were along the lines of "There is a time to laugh, Gamespot. And there is a time to shill. This is a time to laugh."

4.) Then today, I make a legitimate point on the Witcher 3 article referencing ANOTHER gamespot article that got published previously on the same topic. The comment has been PENDING all day.

5.) I will admit that I posted a couple comments lambasting the tsunami of Destiny hype we got multiple-blasted with everyday here at gamespot. That is a legitimate point of view and I am sure I am not the only one.

Q.) Am I on a troll-list or something? I mean, I don't think there is anyone around here who would consider me a gamespot troll. Other than some lone moderator who is still mad at me for 2012. I mean sheesh. What gives? Am I just not wanted here? Are you being a little hypersensitive?

Q.) I just saw a guy who ripped Gamespot ruthlessly for mistakenly implying Nolan North and Troy Baker were never in a game together. His comment isn't deleted. His comment isn't pending. Even my 2012 stuff was pretty tame considering the constant trolling around here and society in general. That ain't me. So, again, Gamespot, what gives?

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

Hi there, I actually don't see very much in the way of content added to the comments that you pointed out. The only post for December that I've found was the following:

See Holographic Paul McCartney in Destiny Music Video

• Submitted as pending by Fire_Wa11 at 1:33pm on Dec 08, 2014
  • Flagged as profane by Publishing profanity rule. at 1:33pm on Dec 08, 2014
  • Flagged as strong profanity by SAFE at 1:34pm on Dec 08, 2014

Here is the following data that I've gathered from your last few comments that have hit pending or have been removed:

Dragon Age: Inquisition Review - (This one is because of the embedded media that you have)

• Submitted as pending by Fire_Wa11 at 9:45am on Nov 11, 2014
  • Spam check passed by SAFE at 9:45am on Nov 11, 2014

South Park Parodies Free-to-Play Business Model - (This one is because of the embedded media that you have)

• Submitted as pending by Fire_Wa11 at 12:16pm on Nov 06, 2014
  • Set to Bozo by SAFE at 12:16pm on Nov 06, 2014
  • Flagged as bulk by SAFE at 12:16pm on Nov 06, 2014

Check Out Dragon Age: Inquisition Multiplayer Gameplay Footage - (Racial slur used)

• Submitted as pending by Fire_Wa11 at 12:44pm on Oct 16, 2014
  • Flagged as profane by Publishing profanity rule. at 12:44pm on Oct 16, 2014
  • Flagged as hate speech, strong profanity by SAFE at 12:44pm on Oct 16, 2014
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@Fire_Wa11: Hello. I reviewed what you were talking about. Please understand that LiveFyre has an automatic filter that selects certain comments to pending because they meet certain parameters. I doubt someone is planning to alienate you from the forums or anything like that.

1) System-Wars-esque comments are preferred actually in System Wars because that is the only place on GameSpot that is meant for that kind of talk. Everywhere else is communication and critique, but comments that resemble those of that forum are to be avoided because it is only in there that it is specifically stated to be a game. i.e. Individuals are more likely to take such comments seriously when there are no rules stating they are intended as playful. Since your comment is very much like it was taken from that forum, I removed it. Know that even if it were in SW, users would not like it much as such comments are overused.

3) This comment is showing as approved, so maybe you can look again and see if it is showing and let me know. If it is not, it may be a LiveFyre bug. About this comment and #5, legitimate, constructive criticism is fair and not against the rules in any shape or form.

Example of acceptable criticism: Your comment of GS overdoing Destiny-related media. The proper way to talk about such things is going to Bug Reporting & Feedback and making a topic about it. Feedback of a company often improves it especially if it has exposure which is why a board was made specifically to accomplish that.

An example of unacceptable criticism on GS would be insulting the staff or moderation team because we are doing something you do not like. i.e. personal attacks and other things of that sort.

Your comment about the South part article is insinuating that GameSpot is willing to accept the methods of little more than a tabloid site (shilling). I say there is a way to voice an opinion without coming across as hostile. The discussion between whether or not GameSpot is right about the free-to-play business model is better suited to Games Discussion than Ask the Mods and you are welcome to go there for an in-depth conversation about it. That said, I personally do not agree with the idea that I am volunteering for a website akin to hawkers or swindlers, but I will allow it for the sake of conversation. I advise you to keep it civil.

4) This comment is now approved. As I said, it might have been pending due to the auto-filter.

I do not know about that other user you are talking about regarding NN and TB. Ask the Mods gives transparency for moderations of the user who asks about their own moderations. We do not share the information of other users because of privacy reasons.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fire_Wa11

I would be very surprised if I made a racial slur on the multiplayer commentary of Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fire_Wa11

...but thanks for getting back to me.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#6 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

@Fire_Wa11: It's possible you made a typo. My guess is that in the comment in question you meant to enter "cool" but instead replaced the "L" with an "N."