Locked out of an old account

Avatar image for yelloninjakoopa
#1 Posted by YelloNinjaKoopa (30 posts) -

Hey everyone, I am locked out of my other GameSpot account. Can someone help? In the last two years I’ve tried multiple times to contact GameSpot. I’ve received some helpful replies, but I was never able to log into my old account. This happened when you guys unveiled the new GameSpot website, so this was some time ago. I think the account must have experienced some massive glitch. I was wondering if we could try one last time to unlock it. I spent a good chunk of my teenage years on that account, so I’m pretty attached to it and would like to still access it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!

#2 Posted by Byshop (18710 posts) -

Obviously telling us the name of that account would be a good place to start...

-Byshop

Avatar image for yelloninjakoopa
#3 Posted by YelloNinjaKoopa (30 posts) -

@Byshop:

I understand that. I was hoping to receive a reply to my thread and then send that mod a private message. I would like to keep the account name private. Is it okay to PM you or another mod with my old account name and get the ball rolling? Thanks!

#4 Posted by Byshop (18710 posts) -

@yelloninjakoopa said:

@Byshop:

I understand that. I was hoping to receive a reply to my thread and then send that mod a private message. I would like to keep the account name private. Is it okay to PM you or another mod with my old account name and get the ball rolling? Thanks!

You can if you want, but I'm not sure why you'd feel the need for privacy in this matter. Your account name will obviously be visible to everyone who reads posts you create with that account. If your concern is people associating this account with your old account, let's be clear that you only get to keep one. Alternate accounts are not permitted. Once your old account is restored, this one will be locked.

-Byshop