wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

So just recently I was asked to change my signature because it was all of the sudden considered inappropriate. I completely disagree with the action and stance that it was inappropriate, but I removed the image. Now, I see other users, including a moderator, sporting worse signatures and avatars than I had. I am not going to name anyone, but I want to ask why I was being persecuted. If the sudden rule change cannot be implemented fairly and across the board, the mods and admins need to consider changing the rules.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#2 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Hey Wolverine. As the one who asked you to remove your sig I appreciate that you did so; it's always good to have the cooperation of users. And yeah, you're right, there's still lots of work to be done in this aspect, and we're trying our best to get more organised and consistent so we'd appreciate any help you can provide. If you spot a user who has an inappropriate avatar or sig please let us know so that the team can discuss whether to ask the user to remove them or not.

Please believe that you were not being prosecuted in any way. The same day I sent you the PM asking you to remove your sig I PM'ed 4 more users and I will keep doing so with other users whose images are deemed to be inappropriate...that being said not all mods spend the same amount of time in every section (I, for example, spend most of mine in OT) so it's not surprising that users who are most active in sections where mods have less time to be online to "get away with it" for longer.

We're here to answer your questions and, as I mentioned in my PM, DigitalDame is also available to deal with any feedback/complaints related to moderators and their actions.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Im not going to rat anyone out. Im here to continue to voice my dissatisfaction with the rule and point out how its being implemented unfairly. If you cant do it consistently across the board, then you need to change it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#4 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@wolverine4262: Understood.

zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5341 Posts

@wolverine4262: I understand your reluctance to "rat" anyone out, but like @korvus stated, there's a chance that users with inappropriate sigs or avatars have gotten away with this longer than others because they haven't been identified for various reasons, so reporting it to us actually helps us do our (volunteer) jobs. Also, bringing up your concern about moderators not applying GameSpot policies to ourselves in a polite way to @DigitalDame, the community manager who is the main staff interface with the moderators, will help her identify inconsistencies and let us know how we might better serve the site. I wouldn't consider it "ratting" out anyone by any means.

We are working as a team to identify and try to prevent inconsistencies with our moderations; we often discuss these issues as a whole group and this has been done a few times already regarding questionable images found on the site. If you would like us to be more consistent, then providing us with what you see as inconsistencies via PM would be helpful and appreciated.