This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by BoxRekt (2028 posts) -

Hopefully this won't be too long, here goes.

I was posting in system wars and in the middle of my debate a poster admitted to flagging me because he disagreed with my arguments.

@boxrekt said:
@baelnergal said:
@boxrekt said:

But let me make one thing clear...

"I"

Am the ONLY one here who has logically supported their side of the argument with EVIDENCE and presented material that backs my rationality up.

Why are you talking to me about proof? YOU HAVEN'T PROVIDED ANYTHING!

Let me tell you how this works buddy, You present an argument and then back that argument up with material that supports it. All I see are a bunch of fanboys telling my the things I've presented don't count while on a high horse providing nothing but hot air.

You have been flagged for the falsehood in this post. Apparently, you missed this post and this post and this post and... Well, anyway, you just outright proved you are intentionally ignoring any post that contradicts you with evidence.

Don't bother to mention me anymore. Please have a nice day.

Actually flagged me because you couldn't support you argument?

And to this point in the thread you still haven't provided any evidence to support your side. Honestly, why did you even jump in the discussion?

You rambled about how I was wrong and never even answered a simple question that would have validated your resolution argument.

Haha well I'm sure the mod that comes to check this out you flag bombing will be amused.

He randomly called arguments he didn't agree false or trolling and then flagged me.

and again

@baelnergal said:

And now flagged for trolling.

And another user who hints at flag bombing after realizing the system is now back up running.

@dagubot said:
@boxrekt said:

Actually flagged me because you couldn't support you argument?

And to this point in the thread you still haven't provided any evidence to support your side. Honestly, why did you even jump in the discussion?

You rambled about how I was wrong and never even answered a simple question that would have validated your resolution argument.

Haha well I'm sure the mod that comes to check this out you flag bombing will be amused.

Flagging is back? Lmao...

Box and Calvin aren't going to last long...

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/name-a-pc-a-game-that-looks-better-than-god-of-war-33463836/?page=8

This was a serious issue a while back with posters abusing the flag button, not because users were breaking TOS, but to maliciously silence users they didn't like them or to get rid of users who made arguments they didn't approve of.

I checked my forum Karma after this user informed me he was randomly flagging my posts and my Karma is at 6 right now. It was a 0 before taking part in that thread today.

I don't know if other users joined in the flag bombing as well, but that's also a thing. This is an issue I've brought to the mods before and posters were warned about trying to manipulate and abuse the flag system here:

Flag bombing...

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/flag-bombing-33452107/

I'd like to have my Karma reduced back to 0 and have any users abusing this feature addressed.

Even with the threats and heated discussion I didn't flag any users. Unless someone goes over board with off-topic personal insults I am all for any type of debate on games.

With the flag system working now, this is looking like it will become a problem again and most likely from the same group of users who were abusing it the first time.

I'm bringing this here in order to both have my inflated Karma reduced and to inform about this malicious behavior by certain users on the System Wars board.

#4 Edited by BoxRekt (2028 posts) -

@dagubot A deflection post?

I don't want to get into a pissing match here but using arguments clipped from debates that omit the insults and personal attacks that exchanged between users isn't going to help your case.

Where are the links?

Instead if trying to give selective highlighted clips of my responses to posters in arguments, why didn't you just quote the entire chain of posters who interacted with me and provide a link to observe the entire discussion like I've done?

It's not hard to provide examples of either of those individuals attacking me, least of which is yourself who routinely bombards me with personal insults and attacks without provocation.

@boxrekt said:
@dagubot said:

@boxrekt: Dude...you're fvcking stupid...lol. People don't agree with you and everyone is a lemming huh? ?

lol, me stupid? People...agreeing with me?

Seems you're confused about something here kiddo.

There is nothing for you to agree or not agree with. This isn't a thread that's asking for approval. This is a PROOF POSITIVE and FACTS IN RESULTS thread.

Where am I asking any of you fanboys to, "agree" with me??? Haha. I don't need your agreement or approval simple joe.

As a matter of fact, can you tell me what you disagree with? LMFAO!

You getting angry and lashing out like a moron makes you "fvcking stupid" however. lol at your "People don't agree with you" comment.

I don't need approval for something that's already proven to be right. Cry moar!

@dagubot said:

@boxrekt: Got it. You're still stupid...

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/so-i-was-100-correct-on-scarlet-and-sonys-reveal-l-33461791/

What now?

This is how everyone was posting before a mod came in and told everyone to stop these personal insults....

@Xabiss said:
@pdogg93 said:

@Xabiss: oh great another post from the “unbiased” lem.

Oh look a fanboy that doesn't have an argument so he moves to calling people names. Nice one!

BTW I have said some nice shit about Sony lately so keep trying you idiot!

@xantufrog said:

Alright guys, enough personal attacks and fanwars bullshit. It's been out of control lately. You don't win an argument with attacks on "all you lems" or "stupid cows"

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/hardware-ray-tracing-confirmend-for-ps5-33463216/

That was 13 days ago!

I responded to him in the same thread and agreed to stop the personal attacks and insults with other users but also pointed out that others needed to also abide by those rules in order for it to work.

@boxrekt said:

@xantufrog said:

@boxrekt:

So - let's all dial the personal attacks back AND the fanwars.

I heard you and all for it. But it not going to work if the ones who are the actually starting this don't get the notice.

However, this further had to be further clarified AFTER @xantufrog reached out to users here about personal off-topic insults.

@xantufrog said:

Jesus Christ. Let's keep the "retarded", "autistic", "idiot", "all the __ [faction name]" stuff in check folks. That last one I've been getting a lot of pushback on lately but no - it's SYSTEM wars, and there's no unified "all of us..." stance in any of the factions and you know it - which is a good reason for prohibiting fanwars

Back on topic, I like Hierren's vote - Flight Sim looks like it will be disgustingly pretty. Also yeah, TW: Warhammer 2 is a technical feat - it's not just a GPU issue, the way it punishes my CPU when the graphics settings are maxed is just basically all you need to know that it couldn't be run like that on an X1X let alone something else.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/name-a-pc-a-game-that-looks-better-than-god-of-war-33463836/?page=4

This was 4 days ago!

So what's your point of bring up older posts where everyone was attacking each other before xantufrog address the board on that issue to EVERYONE?

Full disclosure!

If you're going to try to point something out, point it ALL out and realize you're also subject to the same magnifying glass.

HOWEVER

This is about the here and now and users abusing the flagging system is what I'm discussing.

In the end I'm addressing the manipulative activities being used by posters on this board that was addressed by moderators here:

Flag bombing...

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/flag-bombing-33452107/

All you're doing is trying to justify false flagging with old arguments that have nothing to do with a thread in which I was flagged 6 times for no apparent reason other than to abuse the flag system.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#9 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (45331 posts) -

Only a member of the moderation staff and the topic creator can reply to a topic. We are aware of flagging concerns and will address any flag abuse that is observed.