pissedashell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pissedashell
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts

Pardon earlier my faux pas reply on "Shouldn't we be able to plead our case?" thread. I was unaware I was stepping on the moderators' toes; I shall no longer endeavor to reply to ATM threads.

Personally, I have not have had any problems with moderators on GameSpot forums, only on Steam. I've had a couple of warnings, though—I think. But, while we're on the subject, I'd like to ask about the subject matter of a thread I authored, but which I felt necessary to abandon due to harassment: Is there any reason whatsoever users would be banned for discussing nuclear power plants?

I'm not asking for a solution; I simply want to know is discussing such a topic is deemed a violation of GameSpot Community Terms of Service / Behavioral Guidelines. I feel compelled to ask, because on Steam, when I tried to ask if there was anyone that knew of a power plant in what was once my home town in Germany¹, I was permanently banned from participating in Steam's General Discussions. I don't understand why the Steam moderators responded in such a fashion, because it was NOT an emotional or inflammatory post; there was no crude or provocative language, nor were there even any mild epithets—nor was it in any way discussion nor advocacy of illegal activity.

As I never have had problems with GameSpot moderators, I do not anticipate such a baffling, unpredictable, or illogical response.

¹I had mentioned, without any rhetoric or judgement, that I couldn't find the plant on the list of plants in Germany that had either already been decommissioned, or were scheduled for shutdown by 2021 (or some such similar date). I couldn't understand why asking such an innocent question was so BAD, why it elicited such a reaction from Steam.

khaleesiplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 khaleesiplays
Member since 2017 • 322 Posts

@pissedashell: Hey there! Please review our Code of Conduct: https://www.gamespot.com/forums/ask-the-mods-909361134/gamespot-community-code-of-conduct-31702042/#-1