Khasym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Khasym
Member since 2003 • 585 Posts

Alright, since my earlier post on someone else's thread regarding this same issue was deleted, I'll ask in my own thread: How is my comment, made almost two months ago, a violation of the moderation policies? Again, I have gotten no warnings or notices about ANY of my 333 comments, that said I was in violation of conduct. Nor do I even know who the moderator was, that deleted my comments.
=====
sammoth: You know I thought about letting this go. With you wobbling between my disdain for Microsoft while at the same time touting how no one cares and how Gamestop is the worst company out there I figured you did more than enough to sink yourself. But rare little gemstones like yourself deserve attention.Gaming is NOT corporate driven. It is GAMER driven. Sony Microsoft and NIntendo are not the equivalent of gasoline manufacturers. Their products are neither required nor even universally dominant among gamers. Look no further than Minecraft. That game has been ported to consoles and smartphones as well as PC s and has reached over 100 million registered users and over 60 million individual sales. So....gamers exist WITH OR WITHOUT Sony Microsoft and Nintendo.In 2013 Microsoft proved that it had forgotten that simple precedent. They were willing to treat their audience as a given. Of course everyone who bought a 360 will buy an X-1. And they ll want the Kinect and Always On DRM and restrictions on used games. Our product is more than worth whatever hardships they ll have to endure. THAT is being into gaming solely for the money. THAT is not caring about what your customers want or what they re willing to accept. And MS is paying the price for that now.Now I m going to address you specifically sammoth....you whinging…little....tit. I don t know what s worse with you. Your presumptions your holier-than-thou attitude or you complete lack of any real common sense. You are precisely the person MS was marketing to back in 2013 someone who has no expectation for their money. Generally this comes about because you don t EARN the money you use to make purchases. Which puts you squarely in the category of either a spoiled little brat crying to mommy about what you want until she pulls herself out of her percocet haze to buy it. Or you re an entitled rich adult who loves to brag about how cool your gaming setup is. How you got the massive TV reclining couch and every game and game system just so you can think yourself the envy of every gamer. So please stitch that self entitled mouth of yours shut and go mumble to your friends about how you ve already got the oculus controllers for the X-1 on pre-order.

=====

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

I'm assuming it was deleted as it's just a splat of text with an insult in it. "Now I m going to address you specifically sammoth....you whinging…little....tit"

I'm not at liberty to disclose who deleted it but I think it was the right call.

Khasym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Khasym

@klunt_bumskrint: Umm, that splat of text, is devoid of the punctuation and spacing I normally use in my posts. THAT text, is copied directly from the email I got about the deletion, since I couldn't find my original post anymore. So, it's going to look like splat text, because someone else first removed all the things that turned it from a I believe four paragraph response to a person on the boards who was attacking me first, to a massive wall.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

Try being less aggressive and less insulting. :)

Khasym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Khasym

To be clear Klunt, I'm not arguing that I wasn't more than a bit salty in my posts. In that particular exchange, I was dealing with someone who I would unabashedly call a prime specimen of an internet troll. In what appears to be another deleted post, I noted that the user sammoth had actually created a SECOND gamespot account, just to send even more bile at me for reasons I cannot fathom.

My concern, is that since I've been posting on the Gamespot boards, I've never had a mod even warn me about my posts. Normally, I'm more than willing to argue the points of fact and public knowledge, over going after a user directly. It took four posts and four noxious responses, to get me to that point. But without notice or further advice, my posts in this case were simply deleted wholesale, without any kind of communication. Even worse, they were deleted over a month LATER, long after the argument itself had died out. The only reason I can dredge up any details from back then, is because I almost never delete my GS notifications save once or twice a year, and I still have some of sammoth's bile there.

I feel like something is going on after the fact, that isn't being communicated with me. Why did it take a month and then some, for someone to step in and say or do anything? And then, to change my posts to something I personally wouldn't have done, and THEN delete them. I'd have been far less upset, had a mod just replied during that conversation, telling us both to reign it in.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Hello,

Whether it be one day or one month from the time of the original post, the moderator team would prefer if people follow the rules while posting on GameSpot. This means that, practically speaking, going without engaging in arguments with users who you think are trolling which is, hypothetically speaking, disruptive posting on both sides is the solution to prevent this type of moderation.

That said, I do not want to moderate your account or that belonging to anyone else; doing so is simply the perceived solution to a given issue on GameSpot that I am in authority to perform. I would rather proactively promote positive behaviors about what users should do rather than what they should not.

The moderator is assigned to the task of maintaining outstanding discussion which implies mediating the positive qualities of either side of a situation rather than having a bias towards a person without a good reason which includes whoever moderated your comment. To offer some reassurance, we moderate what we are aware of, which is to express that none of us are omniscient, all-knowing, thus when we moderate, we are acting based on our current knowledge which is, in general, enforced with an inclusive community in mind.

However, if you have reason to conclude that you have been treated unfairly, you are encouraged to speak with our community manager, @digitaldame or @GameSpot, a common account for GameSpot staff. Therefore, if you view corrective action against you by a moderator as untrue, invalid, or unreliable, I would recommend that you escalate the situation above the authority of the moderator team as we are unable to overrule the actions of other moderators. Furthermore, in practice, Ask the Mods is for clarification about moderations rather than having them overruled, given that most of the replying team, here, are fellow moderators as you can see on the Top Posters leaderboard for this forum.

Regards,

BranKetra