Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 Falcon084
Member since 2009 • 8778 Posts

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE 4 EXTENED CUT ENDINGS DO NOT READ FURTHER!

4 main Endings MUST HAVE 3,100EMS:

DESTROY - Wipes out all tech, Reapers and gone, Geth are destroyed, EDE is dead, Shep lives, and the mass relays are stuffed, however the Citadel survives 90% intact.

CONTROL - Shepard uses the Reapers to rebuild and becomes an AI esq life form, EDE is dead,

DESTROY THE CATALIST - Doom this cycle to another reaper purge. Liara's message survives to a new world 50,000 years into the future!

SYNTHESIS - Everyone lives! But Shep is gone :( The Reapers use their vast knowledge to help the races of the galaxy live in peace, with their new programing they rebuild everything they destroyed. This is my Fav what is yours and why?

EDIT:

Here are the GS Ending Videos, remember they can be a different depending on your actions:

Mass Effect 3 - Secret Destroy Ending (SPOILER)

Mass Effect 3 - Synthesis Ending (SPOILER)

Mass Effect 3 - Control Ending (SPOILER)

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 majinstrings
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts

EDI doesn't die in the Control ending...I just did that ending and she was on the Normandy with everyone...

Can't decide on a favorite ending...yet...

Although I find Synthesis a bit more appealing this time around...I had a problem forcing everyone to become Organic/Synthetic hybrids against their will but everyone seems to be cool with it in the end :lol:

But still...would not like to see everyone as hybrids in the future ME games...

Control kind of seems like there's no real downside...what, the chaos can continue?

"Hey, the Geth changed their minds and now want to wipe out all organics!"

Shepard: "Oh? Let's see if I can get them to rethink that course of action with my REAPER ARMY!"

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Falcon084

EDI doesn't die in the Control ending...I just did that ending and she was on the Normandy with everyone...

Although I find Synthesisa bit more appealing this time around...I had a problem forcing everyone to become Organic/Synthetic hybrids against their will but everyone seems to be cool with it in the end :lol:

Controlkind of seems like there's no real downside...what, the chaos can continue?

Shepard: "Oh? Let's see if I can get them to rethink that course of action with my REAPER ARMY!"

majinstrings

You see EDE's body but I don't think it is her anymore. If the destroy ending wipes out all tech, then if the same logic applies Shepard (or at least what was once Shep) now controls all tech, including EDE and the Geth! I think that is what bioware was trying to say when Joker left the ship without her when they first crashed.

There is also the question about what if the Crucible changed Shep and she wants to control more than just the Reapers!

toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

Destroy is the only way to go.8)

But the Refusal ending comes in second place. Think for a moment. If we were solely to go based on a Refusal ending, ME 4 could be about the next cycle 50,000 years later and the final defeat of the Reapers. Afterall, "the cycle must continue." 

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Falcon084

Destroy is the only way to go.8)

But the Refusal ending comes in second place. Think for a moment. If we were solely to go based on a Refusal ending, ME 4 could be about the next cycle 50,000 years later and the final defeat of the Reapers. Afterall, "the cycle must continue."

toxic_jackal

You don't mind slaughtering the Geth and EDE?

Avatar image for IndianaJones414
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 IndianaJones414
Member since 2011 • 1197 Posts
I actually have to admit the Refusal of the Catalyst option was an interesting new addition decision for the ending.
toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 toxic_jackal

Well once Legion died I didn't really care about the Geth no more. How do we know that we could trust the Geth after the Reaper Wars are over? They claim that they originally were not interested in pursuing the Quarians once they left Rannoch. As machines, they can claim to have sentience, but as AIs they can not learn or grow. You should NEVER trust synthetic "life." They could help you rebuild after the Reapers are gone, but they could also start another war. I don't trust the Geth.

Even Legion had no problem attempting to kill Shepard if you refused to help him instead of the Quarians. That IMO, would prove that synthetic "life" are only interested in self-preservation. Same with EDI, even if her personality is more likeable...and therefore more likely to fool her creators.

And to be honest, these "deus ex machina" and "happily ever after" endings are not realistic. All of them were ridiculous to a high degree, even the Destroy ending. Sacrifices must be made in wars. Even with the Reapers gone, there might be a period of rebuilding and cooperation, but eventually some of the spacefaring races will get at one another's throats and start something else. Whether you cured the Genophage or not, and if Eve lived or died, what's to stop the Krogan from greatly multiplying and starting another intergalactic war?

The cycle must continue.

rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rallydrifter
Member since 2010 • 346 Posts

DESTROY!  Its just to bad for the Geth and EDI

I don't like the idea of my shep playing god in the control ending and I don't like synthesis because the universe seems lame if everyone is linked somehow.  Plus I dont want to force that on everyone.

I don't like refusal because I like this cycles species too much.

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IndianaJones414
Ultimately I would still choose Destroy as well, Control is just wrong, and Synthesis is basically what Saren was trying to accomplish.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 majinstrings
[QUOTE="majinstrings"]

Although I find Synthesisa bit more appealing this time around...I had a problem forcing everyone to become Organic/Synthetic hybrids against their will but everyone seems to be cool with it in the end :lol:

Controlkind of seems like there's no real downside...what, the chaos can continue?

Falcon084

You see EDE's body but I don't think it is her anymore. If the destroy ending wipes out all tech, then if the same logic applies Shepard (or at least what was once Shep) now controls all tech, including EDE and the Geth! I think that is what bioware was trying to say when Joker left the ship without her when they first crashed.

There is also the question about what if the Crucible changed Shep and she wants to control more than just the Reapers!

But the Catalyst said Shep would control the Reapers...he didn't say synthetics; just Reapers...pretty sure EDI and the Geth are still themselves...but EDI not getting out of the Normandy with Jeff is kinda weird if that's the case...

I hope someone at Bioware will clear that up...

kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 kierwinyoung
Member since 2010 • 3147 Posts

I like the Synthesis ending.

Shepard pulls out the Ultimate Sacriface for billions to have a better future.

and Putting the Reaper's Knowledge and technology into good use, it ain't all wasted after all.

And Like the Catalyst said "Synthesis is the final evolution of all life". then what choice is better than being final for both Synthetic and Organics.

EDIT: Synthesis ending also made me teary-eyed to be honest. hearing EDI's explanation in the extended cut... man got a heart-pounding story there. 

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IndianaJones414
But isnt Synthesis basically what Saren was trying to do in ME1?
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Falcon084

I like the Synthesis ending.

Shepard pulls out the Ultimate Sacriface for billions to have a better future.

and Putting the Reaper's Knowledge and technology into good use, it ain't all wasted after all.

And Like the Catalyst said "Synthesis is the final evolution of all life". then what choice is better than being final for both Synthetic and Organics.

EDIT: Synthesis ending also made me teary-eyed to be honest. hearing EDI's explanation in the extended cut... man got a heart-pounding story there.

kierwinyoung

Good, I was starting to think I was the only one :P

I have to wonder how peace through out the galaxy is going to tie in with ME4.

toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 toxic_jackal
Synthesis was probably the most ridiculous of all the endings. It was too perfect. In fact, I would think the theme is that it's so perfect, it's dystopian.
kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kierwinyoung

Synthesis was probably the most ridiculous of all the endings. It was too perfect. In fact, I would think the theme is that it's so perfect, it's dystopian.toxic_jackal

some crimes will still be committed like y'know slavery,murder, counterfeit. that kinda thing.

:P 

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Falcon084

[QUOTE="toxic_jackal"]Synthesis was probably the most ridiculous of all the endings. It was too perfect. In fact, I would think the theme is that it's so perfect, it's dystopian.kierwinyoung

some crimes will still be committed like y'know slavery,murder, counterfeit. that kinda thing.

:P

And enemies from another galaxy lol.

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IndianaJones414
I still dont by the Synthesis, because everyone doesnt get a choice if they want to be part synthetic, its forced upon them.
kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kierwinyoung
somehow I don't see if there's any down side there.
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Falcon084

I still dont by the Synthesis, because everyone doesnt get a choice if they want to be part synthetic, its forced upon them. IndianaJones414

You'd be forceing death on the Geth and EDI with destruction, plus anyone with Synthetic implants would die too.

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IndianaJones414
But isn't Synthesis the goal that Saren was trying to do?
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 majinstrings

But isn't Synthesis the goal that Saren was trying to do?IndianaJones414

I don't think so...I think he was just trying to make sure that some amount of organics would survive this cycle by working with the Reapers...I don't believe his ultimate goal was synthesis...

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Falcon084

[QUOTE="IndianaJones414"]But isn't Synthesis the goal that Saren was trying to do?majinstrings

I don't think so...I think he was just trying to make sure that some amount of organics would survive this cycle by working with the Reapers...I don't believe his ultimate goal was synthesis...

And he was indoctrinated. Saren's goal was to let the Reapers through the Citadel and end the universe before anyone knew what was going on.

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
Synthesis is my choice. Makes the most sense to me.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 IndianaJones414

But Shepard's mindset was to destroy the Reapers throughout the entire series.

genius2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 genius2365
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts

Although I find Synthesis a bit more appealing this time around...I had a problem forcing everyone to become Organic/Synthetic hybrids against their will but everyone seems to be cool with it in the end :lol:

Control kind of seems like there's no real downside...what, the chaos can continue?

majinstrings
Pretty much this. My Shepard was never against controling the Reapers (even if the game forced me to be against it). He was against the Illusive Man controling the Reapers, since we all know how that would go. Also, TIM couldn't guarantee that he could control the Reapers, since killing them ends the problem immediately. My Shepard is strong willed and intelligent. He can handle the reaper army.
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Falcon084
[QUOTE="majinstrings"]

genius2365

Pretty much this. My Shepard was never against controling the Reapers (even if the game forced me to be against it). He was against the Illusive Man controling the Reapers, since we all know how that would go. Also, TIM couldn't guarantee that he could control the Reapers, since killing them ends the problem immediately. My Shepard is strong willed and intelligent. He can handle the reaper army.

Shep says during the end,"what I've become." So is it really Shepard anymore?

That said Control is my second favorite ending.

I added the GS SPOILERS ending videos into the first post for anyone who hasn't seen them all, or you can't remember all the details.

kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kierwinyoung
[QUOTE="genius2365"][QUOTE="majinstrings"]

Falcon084

Shep says during the end,"what I've become." So is it really Shepard anymore?

That said Control is my second favorite ending.

I added the GS SPOILERS ending videos into the first post for anyone who hasn't seen them all, or you can't remember all the details.

I think if you control the Reapers... Shepard will become the new Catalyst. said by the Catalyst itself "I control the Reapers" so if Shepard Controls the Reapers now He/she's the new Catalyst, I mean He/she just makes it wait somewhere in the galaxy doing nothing. 

boybrushdred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 boybrushdred
Member since 2007 • 1892 Posts

i like the destroy ending. if i remember correctly, destroy is the paragon ending according to the indoctrination theory. also, sheppard gasps for breath at the end of destroy ending. he could've survived.

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IndianaJones414
That is the only part that the Extended Cut does not explain. was with the breathing scene at the end of the destroy option.
kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kierwinyoung

That is the only part that the Extended Cut does not explain. was with the breathing scene at the end of the destroy option. IndianaJones414

yeah, I thought They would reveal what happened to Shepard  after the big explosion in the Citadel.

I was thinking that they would return the great Mass Effect 1 ending that Shepard was found alive with epic soundtrack. :P 

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts

But Shepard's mindset was to destroy the Reapers throughout the entire series.

IndianaJones414

That doesn't mean that it is the best for the population as a whole...

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 majinstrings

[QUOTE="IndianaJones414"]That is the only part that the Extended Cut does not explain. was with the breathing scene at the end of the destroy option. kierwinyoung

yeah, I thought They would reveal what happened to Shepard after the big explosion in the Citadel.

I was thinking that they would return the great Mass Effect 1 ending that Shepard was found alive with epic soundtrack. :P

:lol: That would be great...

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 IndianaJones414
Yeah it would have been cool to see ME1 style ending for the ME3 when Shepard was found alive.
caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 caityful
Member since 2010 • 1210 Posts

The poll should have been guess who chose which ending. Majin I'm surprised that you liked Synthesis!

I went with Synthesis, in the hopes that it meant peace, because I'm lame like that. It felt like the ultimate sacrifice, which justified my paragon Shep. :lol:
Thanks for posting the links to Control and Destroy, as well. Been meaning to check them out, since I can't bring myself to play again just yet... 

EDIT: Additionally! In a way, Synthesis = Battlestar Galactica ending anyone? 

Which ending did any of our renegades most agree fitted their Shep?

Also, point me toward the "Beings of Light"/Catalyst conspiracy theory threads. Let me at 'em!

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 majinstrings

The poll should have been guess who chose which ending. Majin I'm surprised that you liked Synthesis!

caityful

Well, I didn't say I liked Synthesis...I just found the Extended Cut version of the Synthesis ending to be more appealing than the original version of that ending...

With the little slideshow at the end, everyone seemed okay with being part synthetic, part organic; whereas in the original Synthesis ending, you didn't get to see how people were dealing with their new...um...'DNA'...

I hated the original Synthesis ending but the new one is fine by me...

Synthesis just seems a little too convenient...too good...too happy...maybe...I mean, it doesn't seem like there's any sort of down-side if the Synthesis ending is to be taken at face value...

Maybe some people hate what they've become due to the synthesis; maybe there's people trying to find a way to undo it...but if we are to believe that everyone is 100% okay with it, they're happy, they get to live forever, there's never-ending peace, everyone works together and has a party with the Ewoks...it just seems like that would be the best ending in terms of happy endings...which would kind of make the other ending obsolete...

I mean, everything in the galaxy lives happily ever after...?

It's like: "Okay...yay...way to go, team...now where does Mass Effect go from here?"

...Still not sure what my favorite ending is...but I don't think it's Synthesis...I think I'll have to finsih a few more playthroughs before I figure it out...

...Also...did you just barely finish ME3, Caity? What the heck took ya so long? :P

caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 caityful
Member since 2010 • 1210 Posts

Haha you can't just be happy for the galaxy can you, Maj! :P

Nah, I get what you're saying. It is all too perfect, but if the story has to end somewhere, I'm personally happier knowing that one person's sacrifice made so much difference. Don't forget, Synthesis only affected this galaxy, who's to say that the next galaxy over isn't home to a violent war-like civilisation? There will always be conflict - perhaps there will still be unrest, murder, war, etc. But for now, partying with the Ewoks is a good idea. Even ROTJ ended on a high note, only for the comics to bring about further conflict. There's no way Bioware is sitting there twiddling their thumbs. We can definitely expect something else. 

I had a look through all three endings pre- and post- extended cut (as well as Reject ending) and I'll agree, the extended cut was very necessary. It made Synthesis much more appealing, as you said. If anything I'd have gone for Control, otherwise. But it still didn't feel as final as Synthesis. With Control, just say that geth or another synthetic civilisation turns on organics? Shep-Reapers bring death from the sky. With Synthesis, it feels like there's less of a chance of war. It felt final. And very happy, which is what I was pleased with most. Because I'm a sap for that kinda stuff :lol:

Haha I finished it about a week or two ago. And have since been in hibernation. Mourning Shepard :P
It took me so long because I didn't want it to end... I really tried to keep it going, by forcing myself to get the GAW rating high, as it kept going down whenever I didn't play, I forced myself to play online, so as not to finish it.

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 majinstrings

Nah, I get what you're saying. It is all too perfect, but if the story has to end somewhere, I'm personally happier knowing that one person's sacrifice made so much difference. Don't forget, Synthesis only affected this galaxy, who's to say that the next galaxy over isn't home to a violent war-like civilisation? There will always be conflict - perhaps there will still be unrest, murder, war, etc. But for now, partying with the Ewoks is a good idea. Even ROTJ ended on a high note, only for the comics to bring about further conflict. There's no way Bioware is sitting there twiddling their thumbs. We can definitely expect something else.

I had a look through all three endings pre- and post- extended cut (as well as Reject ending) and I'll agree, the extended cut was very necessary. It made Synthesis much more appealing, as you said. If anything I'd have gone for Control, otherwise. But it still didn't feel as final as Synthesis. With Control, just say that geth or another synthetic civilisation turns on organics? Shep-Reapers bring death from the sky. With Synthesis, it feels like there's less of a chance of war. It felt final. And very happy, which is what I was pleased with most. Because I'm a sap for that kinda stuff :lol:

caityful

No...no happiness for the galaxy! In the words of Zaeed: "Let these people burn!" :twisted: :P

Just kiddin'...

As for synthesis, I guess it really does seem final...maybe that's part of why I'm not a big fan of it...

Probably my biggest problem with the original endings (all of them) was the destruction of the Mass Relays...that seemed final to me. I thought that was it; there was no way to travel between systems anymore; the Mass Effect series can't continue without the relays...

It just seemed they were putting a lid on a universe that I had spent the past 4 years falling in love with; I don't want it to end.

So maybe that's my problem with Synthesis; the finality of it...if it really is as perfect as the Catalyst says, then what could happen next?

But like you said, there could be a threat from another galaxy...then you could have a united Milky Way fighting whatever other galaxy...that could be a good series...

I guess there's technically a way that any of the endings could continue the series...however, Synthesis is not the way I would want it to continue...

Just want things to go back to the way they were before the Reapers were a known threat...I'm okay with temporary peace but permanent peace? Not so much...

I want to see an internal conflict but with the 'perfect' Synthesis ending, it seems that an external conflict is the only way to continue...

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Falcon084
[QUOTE="caityful"]

majinstrings

No...no happiness for the galaxy! In the words of Zaeed: "Let these people burn!" :twisted: :P

Just kiddin'...

As for synthesis, I guess it really does seem final...maybe that's part of why I'm not a big fan of it...

Probably my biggest problem with the original endings (all of them) was the destruction of the Mass Relays...that seemed final to me. I thought that was it; there was no way to travel between systems anymore; the Mass Effect series can't continue without the relays...

It just seemed they were putting a lid on a universe that I had spent the past 4 years falling in love with; I don't want it to end.

So maybe that's my problem with Synthesis; the finality of it...if it really is as perfect as the Catalyst says, then what could happen next?

But like you said, there could be a threat from another galaxy...then you could have a united Milky Way fighting whatever other galaxy...that could be a good series...

I guess there's technically a way that any of the endings could continue the series...however, Synthesis is not the way I would want it to continue...

Just want things to go back to the way they were before the Reapers were a known threat...I'm okay with temporary peace but permanent peace? Not so much...

I want to see an internal conflict but with the 'perfect' Synthesis ending, it seems that an external conflict is the only way to continue...

A virus in the synthesis network could mess things up, and I doubt people will be happy working along side the Reapers that killed their families. Some how I think synthesis will make things better for people on a genetic level but power, greed, and lust will win over people, and you can be happy with a whole new intergalactic war!

Synthesis is the ultimate evolution, yet in reality we as a species are highly evolved creatures and while we talk about peace and good will and all that moral stuff the world is full of bloodshed, lovers cheating, murder, thieving, and politics. If tomorrow we evolved to a point where we wouldn't die of disease, or aging, we'd still have the vices mentioned above.

The citadel survives in one ending but because they can rebuild the mass relays I'm sure the Reapers will rebuild the citadel as well. As for the destruction ending without mass relays larger ships used onboard mass effect engines so it'd be more Star Trek.

BTW did anyone else wonder why the Normandy use Mass Effect gates if it had a ME Engine?