IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 IndianaJones414
Member since 2011 • 1197 Posts

I am definitely starting out as a soldier, next playthrough would probably be a adept.

Avatar image for IndianaJones414
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 IndianaJones414
I am now playing the game, pretty cool to see where it all started, I just became a Spectre and have to find Saren and get Liara to join my sqaud.
lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 lewfa1
Member since 2011 • 240 Posts

I am now playing the game, pretty cool to see where it all started, I just became a Spectre and have to find Saren and get Liara to join my sqaud. IndianaJones414

What did you do with Fist?

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 IndianaJones414
I let him go, I'm doing a paragon.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 majinstrings
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts

So, where did you (or plan to) go first? Noveria, Therum or Feros?

Oh, a side note: Make sure to talk to your squad after every mission...you'll learn more about them and they may give you extra side-missions...

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 IndianaJones414
I will talk to the squad, but which planet is Liara supposed to be on?
lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lewfa1

I will talk to the squad, but which planet is Liara supposed to be on?IndianaJones414

Nope. You gotta figure that out on your own. That's part of the game.

rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 rallydrifter
Member since 2010 • 346 Posts

I let him go, I'm doing a paragon. IndianaJones414

Thats means that you didn't bring Wrex with you to that mission.

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 majinstrings

I will talk to the squad, but which planet is Liara supposed to be on?IndianaJones414

Therum...

If you go to the galaxy map on the Normandy, you'll see an area marked Liara's Dig Site...I think...maybe it was Dr. T'Soni's Dig Site...

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 IndianaJones414
I found her already, I am now on Feros and Noveria. I am starting to see why the Geth were a major threat and Jacob's distrust for them.
caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 caityful
Member since 2010 • 1210 Posts

I found her already, I am now on Feros and Noveria. I am starting to see why the Geth were a major threat and Jacob's distrust for them.IndianaJones414

You're quick! Are you doing the side missions, too? 

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 IndianaJones414
A little bit here and there, but the story just really seems to suck you in and make you forget about the side missions. The game is amazing, there is so much the comic book does seem to leave out. I am now Virmire now and I am really getting into the story.
caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 caityful

A little bit here and there, but the story just really seems to suck you in and make you forget about the side missions. The game is amazing, there is so much the comic book does seem to leave out. I am now Virmire now and I am really getting into the story. IndianaJones414

The side missions tend to link back into the main story. So they're well worth it :)
No need to rush! 

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 IndianaJones414
Speaking of which, you actually have to do a side mission for Nassanna Dantius, and in ME2 you break into her tower where Thane kills her.
caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 caityful

Speaking of which, you actually have to do a side mission for Nassanna Dantius, and in ME2 you break into her tower where Thane kills her. IndianaJones414

Mhmm. Quite the neat mini-twist, huh. When I played through ME2, it took a while to click where I'd heard Dantius before... then I remembered. 

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 IndianaJones414
I guess it kind of pays to do the side missions.
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

Bought ME1 at the recent Steam sale. Runs rubbish on my PC for some reason, but I'm still gonna play it.

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 IndianaJones414

ME 1 was a really amazing game, story-wise. I did like 3 playthroughs of it.

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 IndianaJones414
I just played through ME1, I found stuff on Cerebus by doing most of the side missions.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 majinstrings

I just played through ME1, I found stuff on Cerebus by doing most of the side missions. IndianaJones414

In case you're wondering if you missed any Cerberus Missions (or any side-missions), check out this walkthrough that lists every mission

Found it after a few playthroughs...I used it to make sure I did every mission in all future playthroughs...

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 IndianaJones414

I was able to find a lot of stuff about Cerebues in ME1, they are some really horrible people.

When ME3 comes out, I intend on playing all three Mass Effect games, one right after the other.

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lewfa1

I was able to find a lot of stuff about Cerebues in ME1, they are some really horrible people.

When ME3 comes out, I intend on playing all three Mass Effect games, one right after the other.

IndianaJones414

So I'm confused, you're going to wait to play ME3 after it comes out and instead start with ME1 and then ME2 before you start ME3? Why not just start ME1 and ME2 now so you'll be ready to start ME3 when it comes out in a month and a half? I'm just sayin'.

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 IndianaJones414
No, I have already got many playthroughs with ME1 and ME2 and I am going to play ME3 right when it comes out, but when it comes to play more playthroughs for ME3, I am going to start ME1 and ME2 first and then re-play ME3 again.
Avatar image for Lone_Warrior_66
Lone_Warrior_66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#74 Lone_Warrior_66
Member since 2004 • 1453 Posts
Just completed another playthrough of ME1. It was well over a year since I had last played it, still think it's an amazing game :D. Loved every moment of it.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 IndianaJones414
I absolutely agree, its been a while since I go so into a story from a video game.
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

I've also recently completed ME1 again. Did a speedrun, got it done in just over 7 hours :P

Was hoping to continue that playthrough in ME2 but unfortunately I gave it to a friend. Gonna have to wait til he's done with the game :/ 

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 IndianaJones414
Its to bad that you can't save both Ash and Kaiden.
lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lewfa1

I've also recently completed ME1 again. Did a speedrun, got it done in just over 7 hours :P

N7v1K0

7 hours?!? How is that even possible?

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 IndianaJones414
I think it is possible, if you only focus on the main quest and don't do any of the side missions.
lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lewfa1

N7, I'm guessing you sped through all the conversations with the X button, skipped the side missions, skipped either Noveria or Feros and dropped the difficulty down to normal or lower. Basically kept it as lean as you could.

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 majinstrings

N7, I'm guessing you sped through all the conversations with the X button, skipped the side missions, skipped either Noveria or Feros and dropped the difficulty down to normal or lower. Basically kept it as lean as you could.

lewfa1

Yeah, skipping the dialogue makes the game go by a lot faster...but I don't think you can skip Noveria or Feros...

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lewfa1

..but I don't think you can skip Noveria or Feros...majinstrings

Noveria is optional. You can go pick up Liara, then do Feros at the end of which the option to go to Vermire becomes available. At that point you can choose to go to Noveria or skip it completly and go streight to Vermire. I've done this on a couple of my playthroughs of ME1 but I have to say that I didn't like it. It skips the whole Matriarch Benezia/Liara confrontation and you never meet the Rachni Queen.

As for skipping Feros, I think that is possible also by getting Liara then doing Noveria at the end of which Vermire should activate. You should be able to then just skip Feros and the Thorian/thralls but I havn't done it this way myself.

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 IndianaJones414
Skipping Noveria and Feros, why would anyone skip those planets.
lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 lewfa1

Skipping Noveria and Feros, why would anyone skip those planets. IndianaJones414

I know, some peoples children, (sigh) skipping Noveria and Feros, what are you gonna do, right?

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 majinstrings

[QUOTE="majinstrings"]..but I don't think you can skip Noveria or Feros...lewfa1

Noveria is optional. You can go pick up Liara, then do Feros at the end of which the option to go to Vermire becomes available. At that point you can choose to go to Noveria or skip it completly and go streight to Vermire. I've done this on a couple of my playthroughs of ME1 but I have to say that I didn't like it. It skips the whole Matriarch Benezia/Liara confrontation and you never meet the Rachni Queen.

As for skipping Feros, I think that is possible also by getting Liara then doing Noveria at the end of which Vermire should activate. You should be able to then just skip Feros and the Thorian/thralls but I havn't done it this way myself.

Whaaat? I've played through Mass Effect at least 14 times and done the main planet missions in all different orders...Virmire opens up after you've done 2 of those planets (Therum, Feros, Noveria)

I'm aware you can do Virmire as soon as you get the call from the Council or you can save it for last...but I'm certain you have to complete all other main missions (including Noveria) in order to find out that the Conduit is on Ilos...

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 lewfa1
[QUOTE="lewfa1"]

[QUOTE="majinstrings"]..but I don't think you can skip Noveria or Feros...majinstrings

Whaaat? I've played through Mass Effect at least 14 times and done the main planet missions in all different orders...Virmire opens up after you've done 2 of those planets (Therum, Feros, Noveria)

I'm aware you can do Virmire as soon as you get the call from the Council or you can save it for last...but I'm certain you have to complete all other main missions (including Noveria) in order to find out that the Conduit is on Ilos...

I hear your skepticism but I promise you, I've completely skipped Noveria, Benezia and the Rachni Queen twice. The Virmire option comes right after Feros.

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 majinstrings

I hear your skepticism but I promise you, I've completely skipped Noveria, Benezia and the Rachni Queen twice. The Virmire option comes right after Feros.

lewfa1

I'm completely aware that Virmire can unlock before Noveria but even if you play through Virmire first, Noveria still has to be completed before you can get to Ilos and stop Saren...

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lewfa1
[QUOTE="lewfa1"]

majinstrings

I'm completely aware that Virmire can unlock before Noveria but even if you play through Virmire first, Noveria still has to be completed before you can get to Ilos and stop Saren...

It doesn't, I swear it. I know you're doubting me but I'm telling you the truth. It amazed me also. How can I play through to the end and skip such major plot points, I wondered. But I did. Twice.

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 majinstrings

Well now I'm just getting confused...I've been looking all over to see if you can skip Noveria or not and I've even seen people on other sites ask if it was possible to skip Noveria and they all recieved the same answer: No.

But then I came across this forum: http://www.masseffectforums.com/gameplay-guides-amp%3B-walkthroughs/1578.htm

and...I'm just confused...some are saying you can, some are saying you can't...one guy says how to but then on his last post he says he was wrong and you can't skip Noveria...it sounds like I'm gonna have to play again and find out if there's a way to skip Noveria...

I don't see how I could've missed it...

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 lewfa1

Like you, I've played ME1 a zillion times and only two times did I skip Noveria. I don't know if that's because it was only available as an option two of the times which I played which suggests that it was a glitch or if it was there all along and I never noticed it or just chose other options. Either way, as I said before, I didn't like it. It skips the whole Benezia/Liara confrontation and you never meet the Rachni Queen. The plot just doesn't make as much sense.

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 majinstrings

Well, if it is possible, I've gotta get it to happen in one of my next playthroughs. :lol:

That just sounds too cool to miss out on...

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 lewfa1

Well now I'm just getting confused...I've been looking all over to see if you can skip Noveria or not and I've even seen people on other sites ask if it was possible to skip Noveria and they all recieved the same answer: No.

But then I came across this forum: http://www.masseffectforums.com/gameplay-guides-amp%3B-walkthroughs/1578.htm

and...I'm just confused...some are saying you can, some are saying you can't...one guy says how to but then on his last post he says he was wrong and you can't skip Noveria...it sounds like I'm gonna have to play again and find out if there's a way to skip Noveria... I don't see how I could've missed it... Well, if it is possible, I've gotta get it to happen in one of my next playthroughs. :lol:

majinstrings

I just read through that forum link and you're right it just makes it even less clear if it's possible. "I did it, I skipped Noveria. But then I woke up and it and it was all a dream!"

Well if you're also able to do it, please tell us about it. I'll be glad for you for sure but really I don't want to be that guy. "Did you hear what lewfa said? He said he skipped Noveria!" "Yeah right, I heard he also said he won the Olympic gold medal in power lifting and invented YouTube!"

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 majinstrings
[QUOTE="majinstrings"]

and...I'm just confused...some are saying you can, some are saying you can't...one guy says how to but then on his last post he says he was wrong and you can't skip Noveria...it sounds like I'm gonna have to play again and find out if there's a way to skip Noveria... I don't see how I could've missed it... Well, if it is possible, I've gotta get it to happen in one of my next playthroughs. :lol:

lewfa1

I just read through that forum link and you're right it just makes it even less clear if it's possible. "I did it, I skipped Noveria. But then I woke up and it and it was all a dream!"

Well if you're also able to do it, please tell us about it. I'll be glad for you for sure but really I don't want to be that guy. "Did you hear what lewfa said? He said he skipped Noveria!" "Yeah right, I heard he also said he won the Olympic gold medal in power lifting and invented YouTube!"

:lol: Yeah, if I manage to skip Noveria, I'll come straight here and let you guys know...I'll try to keep track of the things I do to see if there's some specific way to get that to happen...sounds like it might be a glitch...

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 IndianaJones414
I also don't think its possible to skip Feros and Noveria.
lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 lewfa1

I also don't think its possible to skip Feros and Noveria.IndianaJones414

What are you saying, Indy?

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 IndianaJones414
Lol, the reason why I think that is because you would be skipping over some major plot points for the game by skipping Feros and Noveria.
lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 lewfa1

Lol, the reason why I think that is because you would be skipping over some major plot points for the game by skipping Feros and Noveria.IndianaJones414

I'm not lol. As I said before I did skip over major plot points.

Grow a pair.

Buy a pair.

Rent a pair.

Steal a pair.

Or just let your pair drop already. I don't care where you get them from Indy but grab ahold and say what you're really thinking. If you "don't think it's possible" to skip Noveria then I must by lying.

I don't appreciate that.

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 majinstrings

[QUOTE="IndianaJones414"]Lol, the reason why I think that is because you would be skipping over some major plot points for the game by skipping Feros and Noveria.lewfa1

I'm not lol. As I said before I did skip over major plot points.

Grow a pair.

Buy a pair.

Rent a pair.

Steal a pair.

Or just let your pair drop already. I don't care where you get them from Indy but grab ahold and say what you're really thinking. If you "don't think it's possible" to skip Noveria then I must by lying.

I don't appreciate that.

:lol:

For the record, I never thought you were lying, just mistaken...like you thought you skipped Noveria and forgot that you actually completed it...

I don't see why anyone would lie about it...

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 lewfa1

:lol:

For the record, I never thought you were lying, just mistaken...like you thought you skipped Noveria and forgot that you actually completed it...

I don't see why anyone would lie about it...

majinstrings

Neither. I wasn't (and am still not) lying or mistaken. It happened, I was there with the full look of amazement on my face like 'what the hell is going on? Something's amiss here' when it happened. I'm thinking about having a T-shirt made up, the back will read "That's right, I skipped Noveria b!tches" and the front will just read, "Twice!"

But whatever, I'll be that guy, I'm letting this go. Furthermore, Indy, what I wrote was harsh and impulsive and I would like to apologize for snapping at you.

Moving on.

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 IndianaJones414
Well, N7 will probably say how he was able to beat Mass Effect in 7 hours, but after you have beaten the game before (you should go through again rather quickly) and you should be able to beat it even going through Noveria and Feros, with skipping all the dialogue and doing none of the side missions, but I never said you were lying Lewfa, I also thought you were just mistaken too. I also thought you could not get to Illos without going through Feros and Noveria.