Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ReILL1er
Member since 2008 • 100 Posts

Greetings,

With all the content and backstory to the Mass Effect storyline, I think it would be awesome to have Bioware develop an MMO. If it would come into fruition, what would you like to see in the game. Which alien races would you like to see as playable, and which would you play as?

I just think Mass Effect has virtually limitless possibilities as an MMO. What's your take on the matter?

Avatar image for yahyamukhtarabd
yahyamukhtarabd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 yahyamukhtarabd
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
well i guess the playable ones would be the same species as ur sqaudmates u got the human,turuan,krogan,drell,quarian,batarian,vorcha,geth and finally collector and it would be easy to be a faction thing just like WOW u got batarian vorcha collectors and heretics on one side and the rest on the other . I would defenitly love to play as a drell asassin :D
jacethereaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 jacethereaper
Member since 2006 • 87 Posts

Quarian or Human. haha one of those because they're cool. I'm just not a huge fan of the other races XD

But pretty much you can't really classify the stuff into different factions because throughout the game there are many different factions and not all of one race is bad. It all depends really as far as I've seen because Asari have been bad and good, humans bad and good, krogan bad and good, vorcha (all bad), and so on. Then you'd have to figure out the whole ship system, along with the biotics, weapons, planets, and the reapers O.o

ReILL1er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 ReILL1er
Member since 2008 • 100 Posts
My all time favorite alien-race from ME are definitely the salarians, so I would love to be able to play as them. But I wouldn't mind being able to play as a rachni or volus either. ^.^
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 Falcon084
Member since 2009 • 8778 Posts
I ran a poll on the Bioware Forums and on one wanted an MMORPG.
firebolt53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 firebolt53
Member since 2009 • 670 Posts
I wouldnt really work too well with mass effect. The universe follows a strict narrative which wouldnt fit well into a game where everyone follows the narrative, not as exciting.
Avatar image for yahyamukhtarabd
yahyamukhtarabd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 yahyamukhtarabd
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Quarian or Human. haha one of those because they're cool. I'm just not a huge fan of the other races XD

But pretty much you can't really classify the stuff into different factions because throughout the game there are many different factions and not all of one race is bad. It all depends really as far as I've seen because Asari have been bad and good, humans bad and good, krogan bad and good, vorcha (all bad), and so on. Then you'd have to figure out the whole ship system, along with the biotics, weapons, planets, and the reapers O.o

jacethereaper

hmmmmm didnt think of that u do have a point but well there has to be 2 factions i dont think there is a good mmorpg without factions or is there ? :S

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 Falcon084
Member since 2009 • 8778 Posts
[QUOTE="jacethereaper"]

yahyamukhtarabd

hmmmmm didnt think of that u do have a point but well there has to be 2 factions i dont think there is a good mmorpg without factions or is there ? :S

FFXI is a story driven MMORPG with out factions or so I have read.

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 majinstrings
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts

I would love to play a Mass Effect MMO...if it were on the 360...and I didn't have to pay a monthly fee...

Playable races should include Humans, Turians, Asari, Salarians, Krogan, Quarians, Batarians and Drell...maybe Vorcha and maybe Geth...

I'd probably play as Human or Krogan...

Harkat95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Harkat95
Member since 2009 • 1139 Posts

I would want a mass effect MMO if they managed to implement these elements (which are hard to do in an MMO):

Action-based, intuitive ground combat

The ability to buy ships (they would have to be expensive) and have a crew consisting of actual players

Space-combat (again, action-based and intuitive), going on while other people on the ship can walk about.

It would be awesome though. Imagine If a ship was expensive so that players would pool in their money and buy one together, thus forming the "crew" of the ship, which would function a little like a guild. You would need the ship to travel freely, so a crew would have to cooperate to reach their goals. Thus there would have to be Bad Company 2-esque personal gain for helping teammates out.

There would be certain systems, outside council space, that basically were free-fire zones, and that´s where the planets with the best "stuff" on them would be. Imagine...you and your five buddies on a ship you bought and upgraded together, traveling through dangerous systems on adventure. Working to reach that one extremely dangerous planet so you could fight your way to some rare artifact or something to sell for a lot of credits.

You and your friends could basically play your very own space-opera-adventure!

I got a hell of a lot more to say too, so excuse my ramblings. 

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
It could be done, but it wouldn't be anywhere NEAR the epicness of the series.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 majinstrings
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts

It would be awesome though. Imagine If a ship was expensive so that players would pool in their money and buy one together, thus forming the "crew" of the ship, which would function a little like a guild. You would need the ship to travel freely, so a crew would have to cooperate to reach their goals. Thus there would have to be Bad Company 2-esque personal gain for helping teammates out.

Harkat95

I kinda' like that idea...

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts
I would love to play as either an Asari or Quarian :P
Harkat95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Harkat95
Member since 2009 • 1139 Posts

I think every class would have to have something they could do to "support" other players, and no pure support/help class.

Adepts could give teammates barrier and "combine powers" with other adepts to create more powerful attacks, engineers could upgrade teammate´s weapons and recharge shields, and soldiers would...

What would soldiers do exactly? any ideas?