Lone_Warrior_66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Lone_Warrior_66
Member since 2004 • 1453 Posts
---Spoiler Warning--- ---Stop Reading if you'd like to avoid DLC spoilers--- I don't know if any of you have picked up on this yet but last thursday the Microsoft's Xbox 360 marketplace accidently revealed the first DLC for Mass Effect 3 (again? didn't they screw up with an alpha version of the game as well?) . The DLC pack titled "From Ashes" will feature a Protean squad member and a mission on Eden Prime. Furthermore it will have a new weapon and alternate outfits for every squad member. The DLC pack will release alongside the game and is confirmed to be the "bonus character and mission" in the collectors edition. In other words those of you who preordered the CE will get the DLC for free. Several screenshots can be found here and on BSN of course.

Looks really cool if you ask me. A life Protean might be a bit strange but with Sci Fi you can always work out a viable explanation. Alternate squad outfits for every member is also really cool and it will be interesting to see Eden Prime with ME3's graphics.
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

Looks really interesting, I can't wait.

I hope he's well written, because it's just crazy trying to imagine how he'd feel waking up with all this going on...

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 majinstrings
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts

Looks really interesting, I can't wait.

I hope he's well written, because it's just crazy trying to imagine how he'd feel waking up with all this going on...

N7v1K0

Yeah...I wonder if he's a clone, a Collector that somehow reverted back to a Prothean or if he's been in some sort of stasis all this time...

And I hope we get to have actual conversations with him on the Normandy, unlike Zaeed and Kasumi...

Bamul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#4 Bamul
Member since 2008 • 2688 Posts
I wish BioWare told us that this would come with the CE before, I may have actually pre-ordered the Collector's Edition then since this is pretty big for a fan of Mass Effect like me. But day-one DLC? Heck no, BioWare can go to hell with their DLC crap.
firebolt53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 firebolt53
Member since 2009 • 670 Posts

Even if I hadnt bought the CE this would be a day 1 buy. I dont mind all this day 1 DLC so long as its not a pointless little 2mb download to 'unlock' the data on the disc. Thats the only time I get pissed off with devs.

I was rather intrigued by the notion of a Prothean squad member because the only real possible way of there being one is if they have been released from stasis which in any case is a bit odd considering all those held in stasis in ME1 had died. Either way it sounds awesome and I cant wait!!

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 majinstrings

Whoa...Prothean dialogue files

Avatar image for Lone_Warrior_66
Lone_Warrior_66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lone_Warrior_66

majinstrings
'Trying very hard to stay away from those ;). Just 9 days left 0_o.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 majinstrings
[QUOTE="majinstrings"]

Lone_Warrior_66

Ah...well, you don't have to listen to it...it's not something that you HAVE TO HEAR...just a little weird...not what I expected him to sound like...it's mostly just lines he says in battle, I think...although there is one line that I guess could be considered a spoiler about the character...

Avatar image for Lone_Warrior_66
Lone_Warrior_66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lone_Warrior_66
[QUOTE="Lone_Warrior_66"][QUOTE="majinstrings"]

majinstrings

Ah...well, you don't have to listen to it...it's not something that you HAVE TO HEAR...just a little weird...not what I expected him to sound like...it's mostly just lines he says in battle, I think...although there is one line that I guess could be considered a spoiler about the character...

Hah I know, heard a few likes before. He sounds like he's from Jamaica ;). Can't really judge whether I find it fitting but it's certainly refreshing.
cheesyjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cheesyjon
Member since 2009 • 45844 Posts
I didn't like the cost, lol, but ya... I like Javik. And the whole thing was worth it for the Particle Beam! I loved using those so much when I picked them off the Collectors in ME2! :D
firebolt53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 firebolt53

The particle beam was the only weapon i used the whole game tbh. So effective on insanity!!

Javik is pretty awesome tbh, I like how he goes against convention of what people think the protheans were like. However I dont like that he was just a soldier, I would have prefered to have a character who was more of a prothean scientist who had to become a soldier

cheesyjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cheesyjon

The particle beam was the only weapon i used the whole game tbh. So effective on insanity!!

Javik is pretty awesome tbh, I like how he goes against convention of what people think the protheans were like. However I dont like that he was just a soldier, I would have prefered to have a character who was more of a prothean scientist who had to become a soldier

firebolt53

That would've avoided the point of chasing Cerberus for the VI, though.

firebolt53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 firebolt53
[QUOTE="firebolt53"]

cheesyjon

True but the scientist doesnt need to have actually known what the catalyst is. Remember vigil from ilos was looking after a large number of the scientists in stasis and even he didnt mention the crucible

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 majinstrings

A great video example of Javik's character

He's such a badass...

cheesyjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cheesyjon
[QUOTE="cheesyjon"][QUOTE="firebolt53"]

firebolt53

True but the scientist doesnt need to have actually known what the catalyst is. Remember vigil from ilos was looking after a large number of the scientists in stasis and even he didnt mention the crucible

Yeah, but the reapers hadn't actually invaded, yet. He didn't need it, then. He just needed to stop the invasion. I still think the scientists who they saved would've been the most important, which probably would've meant they would've known that stuff.