Kimura410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kimura410
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts

Hey everyone. I am an avid FF fan. I played FFXI years ago and was borderline addicted to it. Never tried the first edition of FF14 and by the looks of the reviews, its a good thing I didnt. 

Anyways, I plan to go to gamestop at 11am tomorrow and play this game the entire day. Does that sound like a good idea?

The reason I ask are due to three concerns.

1. I am worried that I will have to dedicate my life to this game. There will be times when I wont be able to get on for a couple of days. Some days I will only play for a couple hours. Then some, I could play for 12 hours. Is this a game that I can play casually as well as hardcore?

2. Will Square's servers be able to handle all of us Americans on the lack of servers that they have provided us? Should I wait a few days before buying to see how things go?

3. Most importantly, to the beta players, IS IT FUN? Is it similar to FFXI? I loved that game. Will it have different and entertaining things to do, or will it be really repetitive like 13-2 is starting to feel. Will it have the charm of most Final Fantasy games, or is this another Square Enix disaster. Keep in mind I loved FF13, but 13-2 not so much. Never played 12. Loved FFX but that was Square, X-2 looked so lame that I never even tried it, which was Enix. FF15 looks great though, so I can't really judge.

I love whoever replies to help me. I have a $70 credit at gamestop and I plan on utilizing it on a great game because I am broke, so its either this or GTA V. Then I will get FFX remake later this year and the new games in 2014.

Kimura410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kimura410

Oh and will this game play well on PS3? I heard bad things about Skyrim on PS3 compared to PC. Is this the same situation?

diabesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 diabesar
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I've been playing from beta test phase 3, then 4, and now early access. What I have to say: one of the best mmo, and in the FF format. And I'm playing in PS3 and PC (Windows installed on MAC). Great on both of them. Windows more detailed; PS3 more videogame, I think you know what I mean. If you like FF, and mmo, this is THE GAME, loads to do by yourself, but in the storyline, all the dungeons and big bosses just in a party, fair easily to group. I'm a bit partial, cause I loved it.

Kimura410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kimura410
Awesome man, you make me want to go buy it tomorrow. Well not buy, but just use my credit. Once I get it all set up and figure out the mechanics we can play together or something. Is there anything that I can do tonight to make tomorrow more smooth? Can I set up my account for payment or create a character or anything, or do I have to wait to get the game for some access code or something?
AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#5 AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 728 Posts

Absoultely not. Square Enix really screw up once again.

Raptr Gamercard

adamg78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 adamg78
Member since 2004 • 636 Posts

the combat system to me looks very boring . so far I think i will be waiting for elder scrolls online for PS4 next year that game looks really great . I still might play ff online but see what reviews have to say about it . 

Kimura410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kimura410
im buying it. i dont care. if its bad i will just return it.besides i am not spending real money, just my credit at gamestop, although i could use that credit for something else. but whatever i am a huge FF fan and I plan to play every single one. 14 and 12 are the two i havent gotten to yet. game looks playable, and i have tried WOW and got bored in 5 minutes, although its probably slow at the beginning of any mmorpg, because you dont know what you are doing yet. oh well, ill post back and let you know how it is
ninjapirate755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ninjapirate755
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
so do i have pay for a month before i get the 30 days for free? i'm downloading all of the updates now
mike04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mike04
Member since 2003 • 348 Posts
No you get 30 days for free with the purchase of the game