Veteran wow player and have passed on so many mmo's before finally saying to heck with it and plopped down 30 bucks for this game.
Here are my feelings towards the game.
1. Downloaded the game got emailed a key and link to actually downloading the client. The client uses Internet explorer browser by default for some reason I use google chrome. This caused me some hassle like the installer hanging after I input code. not a problem though had to sign up for all of square enix crap and finally was able to log into the launcher with username password.
2. Played around with the character creation screen for nearly 2 1/2 hours checking out all kinds of nifty combinations of male / female races classes looks. Settled on the lalafell dunesfolk male (gnomish looking) and decided to Roll on North American Server Goblin ( I live in Vallejo California).
3. Very first thing I did was re-arrange the User interface and rebind my hotbars. This was a very easy process and headache free.
Cntrl + Home is your friend when resizing boxes. Anything I had trouble with moving I googled such as moving chat box (just grab it from you main screen and drag it lol) and found answers.
4. This game has so many similiarities to wow and that is praising it as far as fluidity. The graphics though are on a whole other dimension. This game is like taking wow ease of gameplay and mixing it with Eye Candy Deluxe and Sounds (play in 5.1 surround!) and dude you are Immersed.
5. It has been so fun thus far spending around 30 hours with the game I will be at least subbing for a 6 month pass.
6. Btw I'm a 40 year old man that grew up on videogames this one is a pleasure and is well worth your 29.99 with 1 free month of play time. I can see myself not having any buyers remorse whatsoever spending the 13 bucks an month for a little while.
7. The game is in it's teething stages but once you get you account setup logging in and out is no problems. Servers are packed with people running around so you will immediately see a ton of variety in character creations. Of course the names people pick to name their toons is a chuckle fest. One that had me lol'n out loud was a Black complexion female named Beyonce Knowles anoter was Tyrone Biggums with crusty white lips and all.
8. I had some hesitations about buying this game because wow turned me into an addict and it was a hard habit to break.
This game brings back those feelings as I write this i've come off playing FFXIV ARR 9 hours straight no breaks and I finally feel as though the game is now getting started (Lvl 14)
9. Level cap is 50 I can see it taking at least 4-5 weeks of playing at least 4 hours everyday. Reading the president of Square Enix who is an avid MMO player letter to the fanbase is what sold me finally to buy this game.
10. PC version -Conjurer going for White Mage just dinged 14 Server: North American (NA) Goblin need a healer hit me up name is "Ping Pong"
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR JUST BUY IT!!!