PS3 version not for the hardcore gamer

#1 Posted by faragon70 (38 posts) -

If your looking to do fate groups or anything that involves alot of ppl and/or processing then the PS3 version isnt for you...Im lagged out so bad I have either missed that fate that I thought ive been fighting in or dead cause I cant see wtf is going on. so because of my impatience cause I couldnt find a hard copy for PC and digital download was suspended I bought PS3..now I have to spend more money to play the game a little more seemlessly..I hear the PS4 will be better interms of processing the data but im not buying one solely for that reason.

#2 Posted by mesican (80 posts) -
I haven't experienced that while on the ps3. Only problems I have had are trying to target a mob or npc with the controller. But that can be easily fixed by hooking up a mouse and keyboard. I have noticed npcs loading slower in major citys when on the ps3 compared to the pc.
#3 Posted by faragon70 (38 posts) -

are you doing fates where mass amounts of ppl are there i.e dragonhead? it is things like that where 75% of the time things load tremendously slow..I know the connection is good I just dont think the ps3 can process the information quick enough

#4 Posted by twi41 (2471 posts) -

Best thing about it is that you get to turn your PS3 copy of FFXIV:ARR into the PS4 copy when it releases.  Last I checked FFXIV:ARR is a launch title for the PS4.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/19/final-fantasy-xivs-ps3-to-ps4-account-transfer-is-free-but-you-lose-the-ps3-version/

#5 Posted by Reisling (268 posts) -

I haven't logged into my gamespot account in years... But this subject made me...

Don't expect a  " hardcore " gaming experience in an mmorpg on a console. Just don't. You're in far beyond your depth :(

#6 Posted by Kjranu (1789 posts) -

I haven't logged into my gamespot account in years... But this subject made me...

Don't expect a  " hardcore " gaming experience in an mmorpg on a console. Just don't. You're in far beyond your depth :(

Reisling
Until the day they finally allow us to plug in our keyboard and mouse into the PS3/4 so MMORPGs can be played properly. :P
#7 Posted by mike4487 (80 posts) -

Just turn on 32 bit graphics mode!

Well I guess if the system can't load that well... maybe there's always the PS4?

#8 Posted by PerfectChaos0 (25 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kjranu"] Until the day they finally allow us to plug in our keyboard and mouse into the PS3/4 so MMORPGs can be played properly. :P

You can already do that and it is absolutely awful. Sorry, you're outright wrong by a mile, there is zero reason to play a console mmo when a PC version is available. Ever. No question, not an opinion, this is a fact. Don't expect a remotely pleasant MMO experience on a console ever. In fact, expect an absolutely horrible experience as all the PC players around you consistently out perform you in every single way, in every single function at every single moment or action. You will be THAT guy. The weakling that lags so bad it's not even funny, so people don't want to party with you or even have you in their guild/free company. Don't even try to debate this or defend console play, I've tried the PS3 version for a couple hours at my buddy's place, I know what that's like. Also, yes, he was kicked out of not one, but TWO FCs for being a PS3 player. It's prejuidice yes, but it screws up the game experience for every single person you play with. I don't want to do dungeons with PS3 players myself, even though one of my best friends is one. After level 35 or so, having a PS3 player in your party is almost a guaranteed wipe unless they're EXCEPTIONAL players. (Hint: Exceptional players don't play console versions because they know better.) Barely any console version MMOs have been good, the only exception I can think of atm is Phantasy Star Online. Which, again, when compared to it's PC version, the console edition looks like a bad joke. Every other console MMO attempt, be it DCUO or Final Fantasy, is outright -bad- on console. They're really awful versions of fairly good games that should not of been released. Reisling put it rather well, but I think his statement would be more accurate with the removal of a single word: "Don't expect a 'gaming' experience in an MMORPG on a console. Just don't. You're in far beyond your depth." I know you love your PS3, I love mine. But I know better than to play a console version of a game when there's a PC equivalent. PC wins, by huge margins, every-single-time. Play Fallout New Vegas on 360 then try it out on PC with all the modding and bug removal that only is possible on PC. Then I pray you understand. Don't buy MMOs for consoles, please. You're supporting something absolutely horrible that encourages games to be dumbed down and gimped by having to be console playable. Having a PS3 version has massively gimped FFXIV and greatly diminished it's potential. Anyone who's played both versions of Saints Row IV, PSU or FFXI/FFXIV knows exactly what I am talking about. MMO console versions are atrocious. They're bad games. Really, really, bad games. Stop buying them, you're holding back the good versions by supporting that crap. "Oh it's just fine on my PS3" You're either lying to us, to yourself, you haven't tried the PC version so don't understand or you're actually too stupid to be able to notice the insurmountable difference. "Well, the PS4 version is coming out" Stop it. It's not going to be much better than the PS3 version. Don't be a fool, get the actual game, not the knockoff wannabe version. "It's fine if you use a keyboard and mouse!" No. It's not. Sorry, don't mean to be hating on you PS3 players, I'm sure you're all great people who enjoy video games. However, you made a bad decision if you choose a console MMO version over the PC. A very, very, bad choice and I'm just trying to stress just how massive a mistake it is because a lot of people don't seem to get it. Sorry if it seems critical or harsh, you didn't know. But you might as well toss your PS3 version in the garbage, because that's what it is, garbage. Buy the PC version. I know it sucks paying extra and all the other whatsitis and inconveniences transferring from PS3 play to PC, but the game quality difference is so huge that it's easily worth it. PS3 FFXIV is literally not worth your time.

Reisling

This. Yes, I did write a post that long, even though I almost never post here. Console MMOs are THAT ****ing bad and I'm honestly am trying to do all PS3 players a favor here by trying to make it clear just how horrible they are. Please stop buying console versions of MMOs, you're giving companies a reason to gimp our games and honestly? I don't want to play with you. You guys get me and my friends killed almost every time. PS3 players can barely get past Titan because they always go careening off the cliff or never using their skills.

#9 Posted by PerfectChaos0 (25 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kjranu"] Until the day they finally allow us to plug in our keyboard and mouse into the PS3/4 so MMORPGs can be played properly. :P

You can already do that and it is absolutely awful. Sorry, you're outright wrong by a mile, there is zero reason to play a console mmo when a PC version is available. Ever. No question, not an opinion, this is a fact. Don't expect a remotely pleasant MMO experience on a console ever. In fact, expect an absolutely horrible experience as all the PC players around you consistently out perform you in every single way, in every single function at every single moment or action. You will be THAT guy. The weakling that lags so bad it's not even funny, so people don't want to party with you or even have you in their guild/free company. Don't even try to debate this or defend console play, I've tried the PS3 version for a couple hours at my buddy's place, I know what that's like. Also, yes, he was kicked out of not one, but TWO FCs for being a PS3 player. It's prejuidice yes, but it screws up the game experience for every single person you play with. I don't want to do dungeons with PS3 players myself, even though one of my best friends is one. After level 35 or so, having a PS3 player in your party is almost a guaranteed wipe unless they're EXCEPTIONAL players. (Hint: Exceptional players don't play console versions because they know better.) Barely any console version MMOs have been good, the only exception I can think of atm is Phantasy Star Online. Which, again, when compared to it's PC version, the console edition looks like a bad joke. Every other console MMO attempt, be it DCUO or Final Fantasy, is outright -bad- on console. They're really awful versions of fairly good games that should not of been released. Reisling put it rather well, but I think his statement would be more accurate with the removal of a single word: "Don't expect a 'gaming' experience in an MMORPG on a console. Just don't. You're in far beyond your depth." I know you love your PS3, I love mine. But I know better than to play a console version of a game when there's a PC equivalent. PC wins, by huge margins, every-single-time. Play Fallout New Vegas on 360 then try it out on PC with all the modding and bug removal that only is possible on PC. Then I pray you understand. Don't buy MMOs for consoles, please. You're supporting something absolutely horrible that encourages games to be dumbed down and gimped by having to be console playable. Having a PS3 version has massively gimped FFXIV and greatly diminished it's potential. Anyone who's played both versions of Saints Row IV, PSU or FFXI/FFXIV knows exactly what I am talking about. MMO console versions are atrocious. They're bad games. Really, really, bad games. Stop buying them, you're holding back the good versions by supporting that crap. "Oh it's just fine on my PS3" You're either lying to us, to yourself, you haven't tried the PC version so don't understand or you're actually too stupid to be able to notice the insurmountable difference. "Well, the PS4 version is coming out" Stop it. It's not going to be much better than the PS3 version. Don't be a fool, get the actual game, not the knockoff wannabe version. "It's fine if you use a keyboard and mouse!" No. It's not. Sorry, don't mean to be hating on you PS3 players, I'm sure you're all great people who enjoy video games. However, you made a bad decision if you choose a console MMO version over the PC. A very, very, bad choice and I'm just trying to stress just how massive a mistake it is because a lot of people don't seem to get it. Sorry if it seems critical or harsh, you didn't know. But you might as well toss your PS3 version in the garbage, because that's what it is, garbage. Buy the PC version. I know it sucks paying extra and all the other whatsitis and inconveniences transferring from PS3 play to PC, but the game quality difference is so huge that it's easily worth it. PS3 FFXIV is literally not worth your time.

Reisling

This. Yes, I did write a post that long, even though I almost never post here. Console MMOs are THAT ****ing bad and I'm honestly am trying to do all PS3 players a favor here by trying to make it clear just how horrible they are. Please stop buying console versions of MMOs, you're giving companies a reason to gimp our games and honestly? I don't want to play with you. You guys get me and my friends killed almost every time. PS3 players can barely get past Titan because they always go careening off the cliff or never using their skills.

#10 Edited by Enundr (105 posts) -

@PerfectChaos0: lvl 43 and still beating s**ts faces in , the only time ive had issues are fates in high end areas , as others have pointed out , PS3 DOES have issues loading that many things in at once , but as far as dungeons and such? LOL dude your lying to yourself and everyone if you think a PS3 player = group wipe. ive never had a wipe unless the tank and/ or healer died first , its called paying attention to the projected attacks , and by far the only boss that can make that difficult so far is the dragon in Stone Vigil cause his attacks are frost (save for the ones that actually do the red rings) and so is the ground. seriously dont lie to ppl like that , ive even been in the 8 man group guildheiste and have been fine. YES targeting with a controller can be a pain , but it IS doable. Perfect you sicken me saying crap like that , seriously.

what gets you killed is your fail tank and or healers. end of story , PS3 players are just fine. if you want to make your groups harder to form by being stupid then by all means , we PS3 players wont give one flying F*** about you either ;-) well be too busy not discriminating like that and getting s**t done.