How are the controls for PC? I;m used to WoW and tried DDO and hated it.

sigh156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sigh156
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
The controls in WoW are like pretty much every other MMO ive played. You use the mouse to move and keyboard for hotkeys. On DDO, which my friend plays and convinced me to join you move witht he keyboard only and use the mouse to targets.............I hated it.........quit after 10 minutes. Is FF ARR like that? If so I wont be buying it. But if it's like the normal MMO controls I am thinking of getting it today after I get ff work. Thanks in advance for any advice.
ancova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ancova
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I thought I remember the controls for WoW being the same as for DDO. Well, it's probably a custom setup. I know that in FFXIV, the default controls are to use the keyboard to move and the mouse/tab-key to target. So, the default controls are more like DDO. I am just not certain whether or not you can customize it to use the mouse to move.
sigh156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 sigh156
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Does anyone know if you can use a WoW set up? I just cant wrap my head around moving my character with the keyboard.......the mouse is so much better suited for movement and the keyboard for hotkeys and tab targeting. Guess FF 14 is a no go for me then.....anyone know if I can make the controls like WoW or WAR or SWTOR or pretty much every other MMO out there? DDO has the mouse targeting interface too..........i really hope this isnt the future of mmo;s...
_Binx_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 _Binx_
Member since 2003 • 132 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the concern here, but then again I've never played DDO. However, there's nothing strange about the controls in FFXIV. You have skills in your action bars which you can activate either with your hotkeys or by clicking with the mouse on them. You can move your character with your mouse and/or your keyboard (standard WASD-setup) - no different than WoW or GW.
ancova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ancova
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
The question is: does FFXIV let you use the mouse to move instead of wasd on the keyboard. Such as right-clicking on a location to move your char. If you know how, feel free to share. I don't have access to the game right now to try to figure it out.
_Binx_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 _Binx_
Member since 2003 • 132 Posts
Ah, I see. No, you can't right click to move your character. You can move your character with the mouse the "default" way by clicking down the right and left mouse buttons.