adamg78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 adamg78
Member since 2004 • 636 Posts

im tempted to buy this game on PS3 but want to no what the combat system is like. Before I decide 100% to buy  it.  im more into real time combat   and if its not real time I will probably have a hard time  enjoying myself in the game . so is  the game on Ps3 Real time combat or more like turnbased?.. Thanks

ancova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 ancova
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Combat is in real time. That said, most of the cooldowns are slower (2.5 seconds compared to 1.0 or 1.5 seconds for most other mmos). There are some actual gameplay videos on youtube if you want, since the NDA was lifted. If you are playing on the PS3, you are selecting hotkeys on the hotkey menu so you will likely appreciate the time if you have to roll your cursor across the screen. If using the controller doesn't suit your taste, I am fairly certain the PS3 has mouse and keyboard support if they're usb-compatible. If you have played ff12, it is quite similar to that except you do not have the gambit system. You can type in macro actions if you want which set it up so you can use specific skills in sequence with only 1 button, but that's a little more complicated and not necessary at all.